02.09.15

VALENTINE’S DAY GIFTS

57th GRAMMY Awards - Arrivals

ohhhh valentine’s day. not sure how i feel about it this year. i haven’t been single during valentine’s day for years now, but this year i might be makin’ myself dinner and watching episodes of broad city on the couch. (have you been watching? so funny!) honestly, that plan doesn’t sound that bad, and i’m not going to let myself get all sad about it. and i still do love a good gift giving sesh, so my brain has still been thinking about gifts for friends and lovers. even if they aren’t my lovers, you can use the ideas!

ps what did you think of rihanna’s over the top pink dress at the grammys this year?! i thought it was pretty awesome. definitely made a statement and felt festive for v-day.

nars

my favorite blush always comes from NARS.

outfit

looking lovely after dark… here and here.

my favorite fancy candle brand. they smell amazing!

CLICK THROUGH FOR A FULL LIST…

2qt_HeartCasserole_Cherry_L25C1-02_67_full

does your lady friend like to cook? this is the perfect gift! or how about a cooking class for you to take with your man?

Screen Shot 2015-02-09 at 4.02.49 PM

heart getaway bag for your babe.

are you in LA? moon canyon is having a floral v-day pop-up shop!

bookends

rose quartz bookends for your best friend?

would you ever get naked in these hot springs? i’ve been wanting to go!

IMG_3130

cute DIY cards for your loved ones.

whiskey

blanton’s is my favorite nice whiskey to buy as gifts. your guy will love it. (photo)

504276_e2_xl

if you wanna splurge on yourself, how about these flats?

sandwiches-2

single ladies brunch? go here!

maggie says:

While the idea of getting rose quartz bookends for a friend is nice, I can’t help but want to get them for ME.

Being single during Valentine’s Day is kind of great. I remember a couple of years ago after a horrible break up, I did the stereotypical thing and got myself some Ben and Jerry’s and binge watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer…I am very serious when I say it is one of my favorite Valentine’s Days to date. Self love is the best kind of love – enjoy your Broad City marathon!

Maggie

Sandi Cox says:

This Valentine’s Day, even though it’s my first being married to my husband, I’m spending it volunteering with the local Komen chapter and I feel like there’s less pressure and expectations built up around the evening. It will be nice to come home after the event, pop a bottle of bubble and relax with some Netflix. Overall though, we made a pact to keep holidays, birthdays, etc. as low key as possible – no overcrowded restaurants, just cook or order takeout…basically just manage expectations while still making the day special. We both work in media for our entire careers, and probably for me in particular, the hype around every single holiday makes me super anxious.

Laci says:

I agree! That dress was amazing! Definitely like a princess! I was so refreshed to see Rihanna on the blog = )

shelby says:

Not a good look on her. Eventhough she is skinny, this type of dress can only be pulled off by the super tall, extremely thin models. Poor Riri just looks pregnant :/

Bailey says:

This is my first year since 2005 of being single on Valentine’s Day… we’ll see how it goes. I LOVED Rihanna’s entire look at the Grammys. Dress, hair and makeup were all fresh, young and beautiful!

Alex says:

Yes, I’m glad to have jumped on the Broad City bandwagon. Those two ladies are crazier than I thought but so much fun. And I hate when starlets don those fluffy dresses because they can’t pull it off (who really can?). But man, Rihanna is on another level and can rock ANYTHING.

Jessica says:

Yoga by yourself – or better yet, with a girlfriend – is my all-time favorite way to spend Valentine’s. Give it a shot if you’re into that – you’ll feel even stronger and more beautiful than you already are!

meg says:

those hot springs look amazing, i would love to go! and the heart shaped waffle sandwiches are adorable!

@waterlilyshop

I am genuinely delighted to read this web site posts which
    includes tons of helpful information, thanks for providing these
    statistics.

Very shortly this web page will be famous amid all blogging users,
    due to it’s nice articles