who’s ready for a healthy recipe? (i know i am. i’ve been in carb heaven lately!) today we have zucchini pasta with homemade pesto. a delicious spring meal that will keep you feeling light on your toes. and it’s also quite beautiful!
• 4 small zucchinis
• 2 cups packed basil leaves
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
• 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
• 1 tablespoon pine-nuts
Zucchini pasta with homemade pesto: Cut ends of zucchini and slice with a julienne or a potato peeler into long thin pieces (the noodles). Set aside. Combine 2 cups basil and 2 cloves of garlic in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Slowly add the 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula. Add the 2 teaspoons of lemon juice. Pulse until blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Combine the zucchini noodles with the pesto with 1/4 cups sun-dried tomatoes, 1 tablespoon pine-nuts. Garnish with wide pieces of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
photos and styling by: Ivan Solis
need more dinner ideas? here are a few:
make your OWN pasta!
the perfect chicken noodle soup
entertaining? how about the ultimate crostini station!?
or throw a sliders party
the perfect potato side dish