hello everyone, how are you doing? i’ve been going through a pretty rough time in my personal life this week (this year has been one for the books!) but i’m trying to just stay positive and know that feelings like this always pass. no feeling is forever. my friend is trying to get me to go to spin workout class with her to let some anxiety out, which is slightly scary, but hey maybe i’ll give it a shot. i hate to be a downer over here for you guys! here’s to hoping for a relaxing weekend and brighter days ahead. happy friday, friends. -bri
last week i flew to san francsico to meet 3 of my good friends: jesse, james, and denise. we rented a car and drove down highway 1, making a bunch of fun stops along the way…
finding an airbnb at the last minute proved to be pretty difficult and expensive, especially because we were only staying one night. we decided to stay in this quirky hotel called the phoenix. it was sort of strange, but also sort of awesome. we were swimming in our clothes and staying up late chatting.
we had to make a stop at one of my best friends, victoria’s house. we all shared a glass of wine and planned our trip.
that night we ate THE most delicious meal at nopa. everything we ordered was incredible but i loved the butter beans and the burger. definitely order a bunch of dishes to share!
CLICK TO READ FULL ROAD TRIP POST…
today we have the 48 hour exclusive on these free people desktop designs. i’m a fan of the moon myself, how about you?
and there’s two more!
CLICK THROUGH TO DOWNLOAD ALL OF THE DESIGNS THIS WEEK!…
i have a bar cart that i love but it’s never very well stocked. enough tequila for one margarita, half a bottle of vodka and a few bitters that i don’t know what to do with. going out for cocktails is fun but it adds up and sometimes you want to have a few friends over and be able to mix up something simple that tastes good.
i asked my good friend talmadge from pharmacie to show us the ropes on stocking a home bar cart. he’s broken down the set-up and let us know what you’ll need if you want a fully stocked cart. it looks like a lot but he’s a professional, so just use it as a place to start and trim it down from there to what you know you’ll use or fill in the missing spaces on your current bar.
take it away, talmadge…
Bar Cart Tools:
• Cocktail shaker
• Stirring spoon
• Wine opener
• Cocktail picks
• Cutting board & knife
• Stirring carafe
• Ice tongs or scoop
• Ice Bucket
• Square Ice Molds
p.s. if you’re looking for pretty bar supplies we picked up many of the gold pieces at cocktail kingdom!
• Single and Double Old Fashion glasses
• Hi Ball glasses
• Coupe / Up glasses
• Wine glasses, Red and White
• Beer glasses (we used a pilsner)
• Champagne glasses
For stocking a bar, there are a lot of good options that don’t break the bank and I encourage you to look for them. As you can see, I stock mine with a more small batch/artisanal feel. But if you just have to have Hendrick’s or Bacardi or Absolut…well, it’s your bar!
Home Bar Stocking Necessities:
• Vodka – Fugu
• Gin – City of London
• Tequila – Gran Centenario Reposado
• Rum – Botran Rum
• Bourbon – Solera Bourbon Whiskey
• Scotch – Isle of Skye
Liqueurs and Aperitifs:
• The vermouths (Noilly Prat shown) and sweet vermouth, in the center, are a necessity, but the brands are up to you – I just happen to love these.
• Pimm’s isn’t a “standard”, but once you start drinking Pimm’s Cups, it’s hard to stop.
• Chartreuse and Aperol – again, I just love what they offer. The Aperol is bitter/sweet/light orange and the Chartreuse is aromatic/herbal/sweet florals.
Garnishes and Bitters:
• Lemon, limes, oranges – from juicing to garnishing, you need them for just about everything.
• Bitters – Angostura Aromatic Bitters (yellow top) is the grandaddy and the essential. Can almost be added to anything. Almost.
• Angostura Orange Bitters - bright orange blossom and candy on the nose helps to tame the boozier drinks like Martinis and Manhattans.
• Luxardo Gourmet Maraschino Cherries - Non-negotiable.
CLICK THROUGH TO READ FULL POST…
i’ve recently discovered the site beklina and i’m really into their selection. their site is so well curated that it makes it fun to browse and, they have a great sale section, which is usually where i end up (they have an additional 20% off the final sale collection using the code 25salecolors)
today, we’re giving away a $250 shopping credit to spruce up your wardrobe before fall hits! what would you get?! you can enter to win below (open to international!)…
i love the color tones of these gem soaps…so pretty!
or, how about these gorgeous ceramics for your morning coffee?
CLICK THROUGH TO ENTER GIVEAWAY…