lindsay gardner made some cute desktops for us this week! i love the tropical vibes of these…
which one is your favorite? so many to choose from!
these swimsuits are so cute!
i also love the simplicity of these…
CLICK THROUGH TO DOWNLOAD ALL OF THE DESIGNS THIS WEEK!…
who doesn’t like a fritter every now and then? these ricotta fritters will not disappoint!
makes 10 servings
• 3/4 cup self rising flour
• 2 cups ricotta cheese
• 2 egg whites
• 3 heirloom tomatoes chopped
• 2/3 cups fresh basil chopped
• 1 sprig fresh dill
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• salt and pepper to taste
• In a large bowl combine 2 cups ricotta cheese with 3/4 cups self rising flour. stir in chopped basil and mix batter until evenly dispersed or a similar consistency to pancake batter. Add salt and pepper to taste. In a small bowl beat two egg whites until soft peaks form (an electric beater will save you a lot of time). Set aside. Set a nonstick pan on medium heat and pour 2 tablespoons olive oil. Make a small dollop with the palms of your hand with the riccota batter and dip it in the egg whites. Flatten slightly and place onto the heated olive oil. Cook for 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Repeat process until finished.
For the salad: In a medium sized bowl combine the 3 chopped heirloom tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 sprig of dill finely chopped, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve together and garnish both dishes with basil.
photos and styling by: ivan solis
today we’re featuring a very cool wall hanging DIY from michelle bablo who is an NY based event designer, stylist and florist!
“i’ve always loved the weavings of fellow Brooklynite Maryanne Moodie – the colors, the textures, the interesting shapes. so when i moved into a new studio space, i wanted to create a textile-based wall hanging that had a similar vibe & made a big impact in my space! what i love about this project is that you don’t need any special tools & it’s extremely easy to make. plus, depending on what kind of yarn you use, it can cost as little as $10 in materials. there are also lots of great ways to customize it – you can paint the dowel a bright color, hang it from a branch or piece of ribbon, or even use different thicknesses of yarn. my cat, unsurprisingly, also LOVED this project – tassels make the perfect cat toy.” – michelle
CLICK THROUGH TO SEE HOW TO MAKE ONE!
enter to win a whole bedroom set from parachute bedding! each premium quality, non-toxic bedding set is designed in venice beach and made in italy. the winner will receive a venice bed set, top sheet, cashmere throw and a candle. lucky, lucky!
i have the venice bed set and it’s so clean and fresh looking. leave a comment below to enter!
CLICK THROUGH TO ENTER THIS GIVEAWAY AND REDEEM DISCOUNT…
first of all, thank you sooo much for all your sweet comments on last week’s body update post. you made me feel like a million bucks and gave me the push to keep going. it’s really encouraging to see a bunch of you following along on the #dlfgetfit challenge! above photo found on it here.
see what we’re up to this week…
CLICK THROUGH TO READ THE WHOLE POST…