stockings are one of my favorite holiday traditions. they’re so fun to fill with little treasures and fun gifts for the family, and they look so pretty hanging from the fireplace. i’m finding so many cute holiday stockings this holiday season, from faux fur to pretty knitted stockings. here are a few favorites. which holiday stockings are loving? – erika
want more interior inspiration? tons more HERE!
image credit: 1, 2, 3, 4
i love holiday decor that feels festive and cozy, but i don’t think it has to always be the traditional red and green. with inspiration from scandanavian design, we’re going to show you some holiday decor ideas for your home this year. and you can shop the list from amazon at the bottom (because if you are like me, you will put everything off till the last minute and amazon prime comes quite in handy)
ps, that wooden bead garland DIY is right here!
i love the neutral colors, the warm lighting mixed with the fuzzy or woven textures, the shiny metals, and the clean design. are you into it?? here’s some of my amazon picks…
shop this list: 1. black and white ceramic grinders 2. LED string lights 3. gold flatware set 4. mongolian faux fur pillow 5. bundle of birch logs (see my fireplace in the top photo!) 6. olive wreath 7. wood beads (so you can do the DIY garland above) 8. marble and copper candle holders 9. copper drinking straws 10. ivory cable knit floor pouf 11. my favorite diptyque candle 12. wine carafe with oak stopper
shop my full list of holiday favorites right here!
(this post was created in partnership with amazon.com, a company i support and order from on the regular! )
i’m a big believer in converting your bathroom into a spa-like haven. a few simple things like candles, soft towels, lotion, and nice soaps can make all the difference in your daily rituals. i recently got a memory foam bath mat, and it makes such a difference in stepping out of the shower…it’s a good reminder to slow down and enjoy the moment, especially during your daily routine. shop the spa-inspired bathroom decor below and have a wonderful, zen weekend. – erika
CLICK THROUGH FOR MORE INTERIOR INSPIRATION…
my mom is a true hostess and always goes above and beyond whenever she has guests making them feel welcome and totally comfortable in her home (she even does it for me when i come back for a visit). i really appreciate that quality about her and it’s something that i’m working on in my own home. making it a warm and inviting place where people feel like they can truly relax is a priority for me and i partnered with our friends at parachute to share some of my favorite tips for hosting overnight guests.
the set up//
• my love for parachute is no secret, i use their bedding and towels and they recently launched bathrobes as part of their collection. i pretty much live in mine when i’m home so leaving one out for guests who stay with me is a nice little luxury that mimics a hotel experience (who doesn’t love hotel robes?!) also, soft, cozy sheets, i prefer linen because it’s hot all year round in california.
• i like to leave a little note on the bedside table with the wifi code so they can have access whenever they’d like and don’t have to ask.
• a little vase of fresh flowers, trader joe’s has great year round (inexpensive!) options.
• something sweet like a bar of chocolate or jar of candy.
• a candle, incense, or palo santo to keep the room smelling nice (don’t forget the matches).
• a full towel set (bath, hand and face) of their own. if you’re sharing a bathroom with your guests i like to offer them a different color set then my own so they don’t have to worry about them getting mixed up. i love the white and stone color options.
• an eye mask and ear plugs. my guest room gets really bright, really early so the eye mask is nice.
• large toiletries that they may not have been able to travel with or that enhance their stay like bed linen spray, facial mist, a pretty perfume and a nice hand lotion.
• a pitcher of water and glasses because no one likes to have to wander around for a late night glass of water.
• in the guest bathroom my mom always has an extra toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, a comb, and advil. people often forget things when they travel!
are you hosting guests for the holidays? i’d love to hear your tips for making your home inviting. also, if you’re looking for holiday gift ideas, parachute put together a guide that can help you tackle even the most difficult recipient, even the girl who has everything doesn’t mind a fresh set of sheets!
photos by: ivan solis
(this post is sponsored by parachute, a home textile company that our entire team loves and supports).
with the holidays just around the corner you’re probably looking for some some pretty tabletop additions for your next night of entertaining. here are some pretty additions to make your tabletop pop this holiday season. gather around with loved ones and be merry together with these entertaining essentials. happy entertaining! – erika
aren’t these agate coasters cute?
CLICK THROUGH FOR MORE INTERIOR INSPIRATION…