good morning! we leave amsterdam tomorrow and head to berlin. i will most definitely be sad to leave this wonderful place. i have a few more highlights from the trip that i am still putting together but here’s a peek into the second airbnb that i’m staying in. i really do search high and low on that site before a trip, and i’ve been so pleased with both options! (see my first place here)
this apartment had a major perk…it was overlooking the canal and was on the top level. it had a beautiful view, it was quiet and decorated with lots of style. we could sit and have wine at the dining room table and look down at the boats and people passing by.
CLICK THROUGH TO SEE THE WHOLE POST…
this week one winner will receive a $250 store credit to gretel! check out this shop for some seriously beautiful and colorful home decor inspiration.
they have so many fun, colorful home decor accents. like this porcelain vase…
be sure not to miss the discount code below!
CLICK THROUGH TO ENTER THIS GIVEAWAY…
i am VERY excited about this one. one night natalie and i were hanging around her house eating thai food, as usual, and we concepted this idea to upgrade your toilet paper holders in a stylish way. these are something everybody has in their homes, and they are very rarely given second thought when it comes to design. but why not? it’s so simple and can make a bathroom look that much cooler!
so we decided to make a little project out of it. we thought of hotels that we loved and designed TP holders based on their aesthetic. because we’re weird like that. but i truly love how this came out! i need to change the holder in my bathroom immediately. now, let’s get to the project and how you can make your own…
THE ACE HOTEL in PALM SPRINGS
the ace hotel is mid-century desert modern
• drawer pull (ours are from anthropologie here, here, here, and here. i also love this one.)
• half inch tube or pipe cut to six inches in length, you can use brass or copper pipe, we love clear acrylic tubes because you can slip any kind of colored paper or fabric inside like you see here. plexi tubes can be found online here.
• 24 inches of leather cord, rope, twine or ribbon, whichever suits your fancy
• make loops at either end of your cord that are large enough to fit around the drawer pull easily.
• drill a hole in your wall that is just slightly smaller than the hardware on the back of the drawer pull and twist the pull into the wall to create a knob.
BRI’S FUTURE HOTEL OF HER DREAMS
if my dreams come true one day and i can design a hotel, it would be scandinavian inspired with no shortage of color…
• feed the cord through the pipe and hang both loops on the knob.
THE BEACH HOTEL in TULUM
the beach was understated luxury in a relaxed natural environment
• to replace your TP simply pull one loop off the knob and feed the cord through the TP roll. it’s as easy as that!
THE VICEROY in LA
classic sophistication and contemporary chic
which style is your favorite? hopefully your mind is spinning with what materials you are going to use to make your own at home!
photos by: jesse chamberlin
art direction by: bri emery, designlovefest
props by: natalie shriver
just wow. take a look at these stunning rugs. i’ve been doing a little looking around online for decor ideas for my neglected back patio and stumbled upon these from armadillo co. it’s just a small space, but since i just signed another year lease i figured it was time to spruce it up finally. i actually just bought this one from west elm to try out there, but i can dream about these, right?
do you like the natural look? are you wishing you had one like me?!
this week you can win 1 of these 3 pendant lights from jardan. i love how you can see the lightbulb through the glass. this would look so cool over your kitchen table! (open to international. yay)
CLICK THROUGH TO ENTER THIS GIVEAWAY…(CLOSED)