Archive for the ‘INSPIRATION’ Category
today we have my good friend max wanger joining us for dress your tech. i love his minimalistic approach to photography, and i think they make great desktops. so calming and nice to look at, don’t you think?
also! take 15% off at his print shop with the code HAPPYSUMMER until July 10th!
CLICK THROUGH TO DOWNLOAD ALL OF THE DESKTOP DESIGNS…
today we’re going to show you our new favorite summer salad. so colorful and delicious! joanie made it for us in the office the other day and i couldn’t stop eating it. i’ve never been much of a fennel fan but this combo won me over. what are some of your favorite simple summer dishes to make?
summer citrus salad
inspired by this bon appetit recipe.
• 2 red beets
• 3 golden beets
• 2 grapefruit
• 2 lemons
• 1 fennel bulb
• 1/4 red onion
• walnut oil
• sea salt + pepper
• 1 bunch cilantro
• 1 head butter lettuce
how to make it:
• roast the beets at 400 degrees for 45-50 minutes. remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. once cooled, peel the skins and slice 1 of each length wise and the remaining ones into sections.
• thinly slice the fennel bulb and place in a bowl with a generous pour of walnut oil, juice of half a lemon and salt and pepper. mix by hand and allow to sit.
• cut all of the skin and white flesh from the grapefruit and break into sections. carefully peel the white membrane from each section. set aside.
• wash the cilantro, pat dry and cut the stems short. thinly slice the red onion. wash the butter lettuce and allow to dry.
• assemble the ingredients as you like! we placed the butter lettuce on the bottom and layered the ingredients on top. use the juice from the fennel marinated as the dressing. add more salt, pepper, lemon and oil as desired. enjoy!
These images are a tribute to living slowly. Sometimes, I wish I could watch the time go by, live the moment fully and just indulge in the beauty surrounding us. Summer always brings these kinds of thought to me. What if we stopped everything for a day and enjoyed life’s little pleasures. Are you in? –stephanie
via wij zijn kees
by james tolich
le mary celeste via remodelista
by erika rax
photo by jonas marguet via I do art
earlier this month, we held blogshop over in atlanta at amy osaba’s studio. i met amy a few years back and was really inspired by her floral business, so i was really happy it worked out to teach in her pretty space. her team made the space feel alive with greenery everywhere, and a cool hand painted wood backdrop with a real flower installation running up the side.
for the hang out area, blue eyed yonder brought over their wonderful vintage rentals for everyone to get comfortable and chatty with each other during the breaks.
if you’d like to join one of our upcoming blogshop classes…
CLICK THROUGH TO READ THE ENTIRE ATL BLOGSHOP POST…