Archive for the ‘INSPIRATION’ Category
i’m headed to ojai this evening with justin and another friend couple of ours for their birthdays with a relaxing weekend of wine and doing absolutely nothing. it’s a short drive from LA, but always feels like you far away, which i love. i’ve been personally struggling with some weird anxiety stuff this week so i’m hoping this helps with that. being around people i love on the weekend usually does the trick. i have a feeling my birth control is actually working against me and i really want to look into some other options. i just feel like it may be making me a bit off the wall with my emotions. it may just be a matter of switching brands, but would love to hear your advice! you ladies are always good at that.
what are you up to this weekend? and WOW thank you for all your sweet comments and entries on our big luggage giveaway. so fun to read through those. lots of love and happy friday! xx bri
“a little debbie harry in a palette inspired by this lachlan bailey photo.” –maddy
(photo source and hand drawn type by maddy nye for designlovefest)
we made it to spring! i know i live in southern california so i don’t feel the rest of the country’s pain when i say this but, it does feel like the winter went by really quickly and that it was relatively painless in terms of snow fall and freezing temperatures. regardless, los angeles is currently in bloom and i’ve got color on my mind.
with the weather still chilly i think that shoes are the easiest way to ease yourself into spring. they’re fun and colorful without leaving you totally bare and subject to the wind chill. you can wear them with full pants or a skirt and sweater combo and they’ll see you right on into summer without missing a beat. and they’re perfect for any warm weather vacations you might have on the horizon! – joanie
– J.Crew pom sandal ($198 but currently 30% off that!) – pom sandals are all the rage and i like that these are caged, meaning they come all the way up on the side. lots of sizes still available so order fast!
– Charlotte Stone slides ($215) – i recently discovered charlotte stone and i’m loving all of her shoes, especially her spring collection. so many fun colors!
– Sam Edelman block heel mules ($100) – i love the orange and the chunkiness of the block heel makes them very flattering on the leg.
– Loeffler Randall silver tassel sandals ($250) – i’ve had my eye on these for awhile. they’re perfect chic and practical to dress up or down.
– Loft strappy heels ($89) – the soft pink and cut outs on the toe make this shoe look much more expensive then it is.
– Mansur Gavriel crossover sandal (sold out) – i know it’s rude to temp you with a sold out shoe but just use it as inspiration for next time you’re shoe shopping. flat heel, soft hue, crossover, it’s perfect and sure to be duplicated by other brands down the road.
– Matiko fringe slides ($132) – i’ve seen several versions of this shoe for a lot more money and i love the color combo on this one.
– J.Crew berry print flat ($148 but currently 30% off!) – the cutest, sweetest print you ever did see.
– Lule mule ($350) – they come in so many great colors but i think the ultra pink is my favorite. it’s closed toed so you could wear when it’s cold but in a summery color to transitional with the seasons.
THINGS THAT MADE ME HAPPY TODAY!!
(sources unknown, photo 4, rita here)
was inspired by this “eating patterns” photo series!