Archive for the ‘INSPIRATION’ Category
kristen transformed her studio into a fall wonderland for the students, with every single wreath ingredient you could think of. i love the warm colors, the textures, the feeeeeelings that the room gave me. we wanted to experiment this year and go for a light and bright wintery vibe, with unique wreath shapes and a step away from your average traditional wreath. kris created some amazing examples to inspire the students and then they had a few hours to snack, sip on mulled wine and get creative.
urban palate created a gorgeous spread, with autumn bruschetta (with a beautiful pomegranate mouse!), a pumpkin trifle with spiced mascarpone, and probably the best truffle cheese i’ve ever had. the food was a real hit, i love working with them.
kristen shares an office with hillary from bliss and mischief (one of my favorite clothing brands) and they sold some of their cute tee shirts, embroidered denim and the high waisted corduroy pants i’m wearing above at the workshop.
and then we all got to just play. at first i was really intimidated to make one, but by the second class i got super into it! i’m happy i did, because now i have a cool wreath for my mantle. it was so fun walking around the classes and seeing the creations people came up with! i was so impressed with everyone.
and they were easy to make!! we started with a few branches and connected them with wire. and then just kept adding on and attaching with more wire. some people went with a linear wreath and hung it up with a string, and others went for the circle.
such a fun afternoon. thank you to everyone that attended, and moon canyon for being the best! and thank you ivan for capturing the day. here’s my finished product…
photos by: ivan solis
traci sally made these adorable desert wallpapers for us. love the copper accents.
CLICK THROUGH TO DOWNLOAD THE DESKTOPS…
my mom is a true hostess and always goes above and beyond whenever she has guests making them feel welcome and totally comfortable in her home (she even does it for me when i come back for a visit). i really appreciate that quality about her and it’s something that i’m working on in my own home. making it a warm and inviting place where people feel like they can truly relax is a priority for me and i partnered with our friends at parachute to share some of my favorite tips for hosting overnight guests.
the set up//
• my love for parachute is no secret, i use their bedding and towels and they recently launched bathrobes as part of their collection. i pretty much live in mine when i’m home so leaving one out for guests who stay with me is a nice little luxury that mimics a hotel experience (who doesn’t love hotel robes?!) also, soft, cozy sheets, i prefer linen because it’s hot all year round in california.
• i like to leave a little note on the bedside table with the wifi code so they can have access whenever they’d like and don’t have to ask.
• a little vase of fresh flowers, trader joe’s has great year round (inexpensive!) options.
• something sweet like a bar of chocolate or jar of candy.
• a candle, incense, or palo santo to keep the room smelling nice (don’t forget the matches).
• a full towel set (bath, hand and face) of their own. if you’re sharing a bathroom with your guests i like to offer them a different color set then my own so they don’t have to worry about them getting mixed up. i love the white and stone color options.
• an eye mask and ear plugs. my guest room gets really bright, really early so the eye mask is nice.
• large toiletries that they may not have been able to travel with or that enhance their stay like bed linen spray, facial mist, a pretty perfume and a nice hand lotion.
• a pitcher of water and glasses because no one likes to have to wander around for a late night glass of water.
• in the guest bathroom my mom always has an extra toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, a comb, and advil. people often forget things when they travel!
are you hosting guests for the holidays? i’d love to hear your tips for making your home inviting. also, if you’re looking for holiday gift ideas, parachute put together a guide that can help you tackle even the most difficult recipient, even the girl who has everything doesn’t mind a fresh set of sheets!
photos by: ivan solis
(this post is sponsored by parachute, a home textile company that our entire team loves and supports).