Archive for the ‘STYLE’ Category
i could write four posts on t-shirts alone because that’s how much i believe in them as a wardrobe staple and how much it impacts your closet to have a few strong go-to options at all times. black, white, grey, a stripe and a couple of low key graphic ones if that’s your thing. they are the key component to so many outfits and you’ll feel like you can get dressed much faster if you have t-shirts that you love and that fit well. you can layer them under jackets, sweaters and even dresses, wear them with everything from causal jeans to overalls and fancy skirts. i promise that a great t-shirt is always a welcomed addition to any closet and most likely something you’re missing. you’ll notice that almost all of inspiration picks show a crew neck t-shirt but if you are busty (like myself) a v-neck is generally more flattering. i also like to have few sleeveless options too. – joanie
– Velvet v-neck tee ($70) – i really like the tee’s from Velvet. yes, i know they are $70 but they often have great sales and you’ll wear the heck out of it. i have included a lot of budget friendly options but also some that’s i’ve tried and love that are expensive too. i also love the black scoop neck tee.
– Zara tee with full sleeve ($10) – i love the romantic touch of the full sleeve that is slightly gathered at the shoulder. it’s sweet without being too girly.
– H&M linen t-shirt ($7) – i love a linen t-shirt. they have a worn in look that is hard to achieve with other fabrics and they really lay nicely against the skin and they also wear in well with time.
– Zara cropped Ramones tee ($20) – i think there is a time and a place for a graphic t-shirt. i like this one because of the subdued colors and i’d like it paired with a full skirt or under a fitted jacket.
– Which We Want ribbed tee ($48) – cropped, ribbed and super fitted. this is a killer layering piece. and i love ribbed anything!
– Re/Done pocket tee ($80) – i’m annoyed with myself for liking this $80 t-shirt. i bought one at a re/done sample sale and i wear it all of the time. the cotton is perfectly worn in, thin but not too thin and the pocket is a nice touch. i like bigger t-shirts tucked in, gives you some definition at the waist with a casual ease in the fit.
– Elkin Asshole Tee ($72) – i was gifted this by a friend and have worn it non-stop since. it’s currently sold out but you can leave your email address and they’ll let you know when they re-stock.
– Brandy Melville Tee ($16) – this is one of my favorite t-shirt finds of all time. this store is geared toward teens but they happen to make amazing basics. they only come in one size (small/medium) which is a bummer but if that’s your size you’re going to be thrilled to know about them.
– Topshop t-shirt ($48) – i love the off white color and the seamless shoulders. the cut of it has an effortless relaxed feel.
and some inspiration…
image source: 1, 2, 3, 4 (the Sartorialist), 5 (time for fashion), 6 (pop sugar), 7 (Harpers Bazar), 8 (Who What Wear), and 9 (Funky for Me)
it’s no secret that pink has been a trending color for the last year or two. it mostly shows up in the softer hues like blush and rose and for the most part hot pink has been overlooked. but, i think that’s about to change. i think we’re going to start seeing a lot more hot pink then we have in a long time. it’s a strong choice but one that flatters many different complexions. i’m personally excited for it’s return and ready to see more bold colors out on the streets. favorite color combinations are pink + olive, pink + orange, and pink on pink. so, just in time for Valentine’s Day, here are a few of my favorite hot pink pieces. i also included a few tamer ones for those of you who aren’t ready to make the leap yet. – joanie
a round up of some pieces i’m digging from across the web. january can feel like an uninspiring month with fashion due to the fickle temperatures and the post holiday blues but i think pulling in some elevated staples in cool colors and textures can go along way. it also doesn’t hurt that there are sales everywhere! -joanie
– the clogs ($258) are from a company i’ve loved for a long, cute with socks and tights and also barefoot in the summer.
– the velvet jacket ($340) is the perfect dress up or down piece, i haven’t tried it on but i’d imaging it to be rather flattering.
– accessories go along way in the winter when you feel like you’re whole body is covered in layers. i love the green of the hat ($149) and it’s on sale, too!
– everyone is all about the block heel and these bold velvet loafers ($283) would work all year round.
– i gave away almost all of my bras that were just not doing the trick anymore and invested in some new sturdy ones. a good bra goes along way in helping to create nice lines under your clothes. i purchased the one ($39) above and it’s great.
– a rose colored jacket ($200) works as a neutral to go with all your blacks, browns and navy.
– a denim skirt ($88) that feels a little like spring but also can be worn with tights and boots.
– i’m always looking for the perfect flat boot that is cut to flatter the ankle and doesn’t break the bank. this one from aldo ($60) is perfect. update: that color has sold out but they available full price in a light tan color.
– did you know american apparel is going out of business? they’re offering 40% off everything. i picked up this stevie tee ($28) and wore it for three straight days, it’s comfortable and the perfect layering piece. i recommend sizing up!
i’m headed to a tropical destination in february and it has me on the hunt for easy beach looks that are bold and playful. stumbled upon this recent collection from mochi and it’s giving me all the heart eyes. it looks like their Morocco collection is coming soon but until then i’ll be using these pieces as my inspiration for my trip. how about that embroidered mini dress with pom pom sleeves?!
loving all of the details, from the earrings to those shoes!
i love their off the shoulder tops with dramatic sleeves! and that blue pom skirt, so cute!
all pictures from Móda Óperandi.
2016 seemed to be the year of the statement earring and we don’t think it’s going away anytime soon. we wanted to highlight a few of our favorites and some inspiration images to inspire. earrings are the perfect addition to a casual daytime look and can complete an evening ensemble.
they class up an ordinary ponytail and make us want to wear our hair piled on top of our head in a bun just to show them off. one word of caution though, make sure they aren’t too heavy or you’ll surely be taking them off before the day is through.
thoughts?! into it??