here and here
Search Results for fig
i personally believe that breakfast is the best meal of the day and these pretty parfaits we made in the office are the perfect breakfast treat or afternoon pick me up. we created one fruit smoothie base and set out several fruit and granola options to mix on top. and it was a hit. we also froze a few and they were great the next day.
yields 3-4 servings
what we used:
• 2% plain greek yogurt
• 1 cup water
• 8 ounces frozen raspberries + blueberries
• raw buckwheat grouts (soaked over night and rinsed)
• vanilla granola
• chopped almonds
how to make it:
• combined the water, three cups greek yogurt, 8 ounces of frozen raspberries, 1/4 honey and 2 bananas in a blender. blend on high until smooth with no chunks. pour equally into three or four separate containers (we used glass jars)
• place all of the remaining ingredients in bowls and allow people to mix as they please in their jars! we liked combining the frozen blueberries first into the smoothie base so that they melted and added an extra sweetness. the figs were also a big hit. if you’ve never used buckwheat grouts, make sure to buy them raw and soak them over night. they’re good for you and they have a nice texture, so give them a go!
my friend geri (the cool girl behind the fashion blog because i’m addicted) recently co-founded a new venture called LEAF.TV. they create videos on everything from fashion to eating and living and they’re all under 2 minutes. it’s amazing how much information she packs into these short and sweet tutorials. i’ve always admired her taste and dedication to her work and these videos are no exception. she’s got it all covered….
CLICK TO SEE THE WHOLE POST BELOW…
i really love gift giving. i like thinking about the perfect gift for that person…picking up on little things they say that give clues about what they would really love to receive. this time i was trying to think of a cool gift for a guy. something unique AND useful. this guy happens to absolutely love showers. i’ve never met anyone who liked them more, actually. so i planned the ultimate shower kit! (because he also loves hotels, so i was trying to make a package that felt like you were staying at a cool hotel.)
now, most guys aren’t gonna go out and buy fancy bath products. but they’d probably really like them if they were given to them. and those are great gifts, right? the ones you enjoy but wouldn’t necessarily splurge on yourself?
this shower kit included:
• keihl’s fig & sage body cleanser
• keihl’s facial cleanser
• aesop calming shampoo (my favorite! love the smell so much)
• aesop classic conditioner
• swim club bath salts
• birch & goldberry bar soaps
• sea wool natural bath sponge
• pumice stone
after shower products:
to wrap, i used some baskets and lined them with reusable graphic hand towels. now, this really is the ultimate shower kit! (of course, you could get towels, candles, and much more) but this is already quite a bit. you can easily do more or less depending on how fancy you want the gift to be. but geez, i’d be happy just to get new shampoo!
do you have anyone in your life that would enjoy this gift?? dad, brothers, boyfriends, best friends?
PS. unique ways to wrap presents here!
(photos by sheila gim for designlovefest, art directed by bri emery)
i loved reading through all of your comments on the “are you friends with your ex?” post. so many different interesting stories and outlooks. just fascinating to me. today we are going to be discussing a slightly uncomfortable topic. money. in relationships. who makes more of it and how do you deal with it? i’ve come across quite a few women recently who have been talking about this topic, so i think we should discuss…