04.04.17

BREAKFAST TACOS

DSC_1229

bri here! i’ve been cooking a lot more recently and i keep finding myself driving to work or laying in my bed thinking up new ideas for recipes. i can tell i’ve officially becoming interested in it! i really enjoy the time i have with my boyfriend in the morning before he goes to work and i always like to make breakfast for us to have together, even if it’s quick. i’ve been perfecting my 10 minute breakfast tacos and they’re finally ready to share with you guys. easy and delicious! for this recipe we added ivan’s salsa verde to them and it was a great flavor addition! let’s make em… xx -bri

DSC_1119

makes 5-6 tacos

breakfast tacos:
• 6 eggs
• quarter red onion diced
• 1 large handful of cilantro chopped
• 3 green onions chopped
• 1 to 2 medium avocados
• cotija cheese
• 2-3 limes
• 6 corn tortillas

DSC_1194
DSC_1206

to make the tacos, first scramble 6 eggs and cook to your liking. assemble by adding a few spoonfuls of scrambled eggs onto each heated tortillas. garnish with red onion, green onion, avocado, cotija cheese, lime juice, cilantro and the creamy salsa verde.

DSC_1175
DSC_1212

creamy salsa verde:
• 1 jalapeno
• 1/2 avocado
• 2 dollops of sour cream
• 1/2 yellow onion
• 5-6 tomatillos
• 3-4 teaspoons salt
• 1 small lime juiced

DSC_1179

to make the creamy salsa verde, remove husk from tomatillos and wash thoroughly. cut into halves and place on a heated cast iron skillet on medium heat. peel and halve a yellow onion and also place on the cast iron. roast for about 5-10 minutes, turning over the ingredients occasionally. place the tomatillos and onion in a blender and add half an avocado, sour cream, 1 jalapeño (remove seeds according to how spicy you like it to be) salt and 1 small lime juiced. blend until smooth. Keep the creamy salsa verde in the fridge to cool until ready to serve. the salsa keeps well in the fridge for a week and can be used to top meats and veggies for other meals throughout the week!

DSC_1228

aaaand if you are free on time and want the extra luxury of having freshly made tortillas (which taste amazing!), here is the recipe that we used from our steak taco post.

styling by: joanie cusack and ivan solis
photos by: ivan solis
see more recipes here

Olivia says:

Omg that looks amazing!!! Yummy!! New post / http://www.oliviaschueller.com

finja says:

This looks so delicious and healthy. Have to try it out! 🙂
    xx finja | http://www.effcaa.com

Samantha Lee says:

I know you went to Austin recently – did you make it to Juan in a Million? If not, you have to go on your next trip. Insane breakfast tacos for super cheap!

Danielle says:

Oh my gosh, these look incredible! I’m definitely going to have to try these at the weekend. Danielle || Miss Danielle

These look INCREDIBLE! Breakfast tacos are one of our favorite things to make on the weekends for breakfast! Def gonna keep this recipe in mind!

xoxo,
    Cortney
    A Whimsy Wonderland

Eva says:

These make me incredibly happy! I think I could easily eat this everyday for breakfast – red onion included! My husband doesn’t eat eggs, avocados or really any of those things, but that’s okay – more for me!!

Nikki says:

So excited to add this recipe to my collection of breakfast taco recipes. I can never have too many and this one looks soooo good! Thank you!

Rolling Sky says:

The Tacos looks delicious, it’s awesome when the breakfast has this tacos.