03.27.17

NEW KITCHEN TOOLS

608f695822253eca6f6af89a568e5565

as you know, joanie and ivan are the good chefs around these parts, but watching them cook all the time and now having a boyfriend who’s a great cook…i’ve been inspired! slowly but surely i’ve been practicing more lately and finding a lot of joy in it. i think i always felt intimidated in the kitchen. my parents rarely cooked and so i didn’t really grow up learning recipes or hanging out in the kitchen too often. lately i’ve been making a recipe and then cooking it a few more times until i think it’s perfect. this has helped my confidence in the kitchen!

over the past year i’ve been acquiring more kitchen tools to make my kitchen feel complete. some are splurges but i use them quite often. i used to have a bunch of cheap tools from ikea or from college and never wanted to cook because i hated the way those looked or functioned (i know, i’m a bit crazy like that) once i upgraded some of my items i found myself inspired and excited to be in the kitchen. what can i say, i’m a visual person.

here’s my current kitchen list!

Ali says:

A cutting board from Untitled Co would be perfect for you! So beautiful. Check us out at UntitledCo.design

Samantha Lee says:

Having good kitchen utensils is SO necessary. When I first started cooking, I had a bunch of hand-me-down knives that were dull and made chopping vegetables such an insane chore. Since getting married, we upgraded all of our kitchen things, and it makes a world of difference.

you got this. 😉 xx

Love the gold and copper soooo much! However I just purchased the most gorgeous set of copper flatware from West Elm and they tarnished and the “coating” started to wear away to the silver almost immediately. I was heart broken, but I had to return them and get real silver. Bummer 🙁

Andreea says:

Nice kitchen tool, where to i find something like this to buy it?

designlovefest says:

everything is linked! just click on the image

Nicole B says:

I LOVEEEE my tongs for the kitchen. Once I got them I use them for almost everything! so much easier for things like zoodles, flipping shrimp/steak/burgers etc!! Thanks for showing your tools, I love reading what other people use for ideas, I have a Le Creuset dutch oven on my list also, some day!

J says:

I’m a beginner cook as well! It would be great to see some ‘new to cooking’ recipes and tips and tricks on here!