02.10.17

WEEKEND AT HOME / 50

open shelf kitchens | designlovefest

want a more open look to your kitchen? open-faced kitchens add extra storage with a sleek look. it’s like a kitchen with your own gallery: open shelves with beautiful bowls on them, ceramics storing your best utensils, shelves with your favorite cookbooks sitting atop. it’s handy to have everything at an arms reach, but keeping it looking good is where it all comes together. a few tips: 1) only shelve what you love, 2) don’t clutter—keep open space between items, 3) keep heavier items on bottom shelves, and 4) keep a consistent color theme. here are some of my favorite ways to style kitchen shelves and a few essentials to go on them. happy decorating!erika

open shelf kitchens | designlovefest
open shelf kitchens | designlovefest
shop them

open shelf kitchens | designlovefest
open shelf kitchens | designlovefest

what do you think of this open look? let us know in the comments!

open shelf kitchens | designlovefest

want more interior inspiration? click HERE!

image credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Nikki says:

So much ‘future kitchen’ design inspo here!

I LOVE open shelving!!

Samantha Lee says:

Love the look of open shelving and can’t wait to incorporate them into our future home some day. Though, to be honest, I’m not looking forward to all of the dusting, haha.

erika says:

haha! good point!

Diane says:

I am against open shelving! Living in a city with smog and dust! Tired of cleaning shelves every week!

Abby Yemm says:

Love that first kitchen! Art in the kitchen was a recent post on Domino (the site I write for). Would love to work with you sometime!

Wall planter says:

open-faced kitchens add extra storage with a sleek look.

XOXO says:

I find myself, after many years of being an avid follower of DLF, drifting away from being a follower anymore. The best part of DLF is you and you really have taken yourself out of this site all together. I used to love your life updates and commentary and you had a design style that you stood firmly by and exuded joy. Most of the posts now seem uninspired and like pinterest reposts. It’s hard to tell if you are just hiring out the designs and content all together. I hope you are doing well and I really don’t mean to be harsh. I’m just disappointed and want a reason to keep looking. I miss your vision and your unique voice. I suppose it’s time to find inspiration elsewhere.