ROSÉ SPRITZER RECIPE
it’s the first long weekend of summer and we’re seriously looking forward to kicking back with friends and family and relaxing. holiday weekends generally mean lots of food and drinking and as fun as it is to start drinking at noon, i definitely feel like i want to go to sleep by 6pm. that’s where the wine spritzer comes into play. a splash of wine with a little sparkling water and you feel like you always have something in hand to sip on without drinking too much, too fast. bri and i look a rosé class last week with Helen and her love for rosé inspired us to make the below! – joanie
we know that a wine spritzer will make some true wine aficionados turn up their noses but don’t knock it until you’ve tired it! to keep our drink colder for longer we froze some raspberries skewers to act as ice and also some whole cherries. they are a pretty addition to the cup and you can snack on them afterwards!
what you’ll need:
• one bottle of chilled rosé
• 3 cans of sparkling grapefruit water, we used la croix
• 2 grapefruits cut into sections
• gin if you want to make it extra boozy
• raspberries and cherries for garnish
• prep your glass but running a piece of grapefruit peel around the rim. add ice and add your rosé, the measurement on this is going to be total preference but i generally do about 4 ounces, a little less then a normal pour, add about 3 ounces of sparkling grapefruit water, 2 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice and as an option, a splash of gin, about .5 ounces.
• garnish as desired, enjoy!
styling by: joanie cusack and ivan solis
photos by: ivan solis