06.06.16

LUIS BARRAGAN

Luis_Barragans-10
Luis_Barragans-3

i’m headed to mexico city in a few weeks with el camino travel (see our trips to colombia and nicaragua here!) i just got the itinerary in my email and so stoked to see the architectural beauties of luis barragán. i have been very into his work for a long time! the use of color definitely speaks to me.

Luis_Barragans-15
931b3d4d5b08caf7ecea227aa5806e1a
Luis-Barragan
1980-w-10lg
Luis_Barragans-1
703a58088d055628edb0f7b3d83aecc0
jp-barragan-2-master1050

Donna K says:

YES! I love his work as well. I did a project on him in art school. Can’t wait to see the pictures. Have fun!

Seri says:

Wow, Bri! What a chance! Enjoy his wonderful work!
    You know, it actually kinda makes me think of you. I can see you in his colour palettes!

Tannia says:

Glad that you’re coming to CDMX! but I just checked the prices of the elcamino tours and OMFG, they’re WAY too overpriced.
    I saw they have a $3800 for 4 nights for 2 people, and they don’t event include airfare. Honestly, you can spend way less and do the same things they offer.
    CDMX is full of amazing things to do, and is really cheap, specially if you earn in dollars, so my suggestion is to avoid using tours and just get a local friend who can give you tips and show you around town.

Cori Magee says:

I just returned from Mexico City yesterday… When you go to Luis Barragan’s home tour, make sure to ask for the garden tour of his first house that’s next door. Then, get a taxi to eat at Azul Condesa after!!!

Cori Magee says:

Scratch that, get an Uber. lol

Anonymous says:

Looks so much like Ricardo Legorreta and his son

marla B says:

This color palette is beautiful!

On an unrelated note: I wish you would bring back the business advice column! I’m a recent grad doing freelance product design and have SO MANY QUESTIONS about everything. Plus, I think a lot of your readers are the freelance/entreprenurial type 🙂

Alecia says:

my FAVORITE city by far that I have ever had the privilege of going to. You will fall in LOVE and want to move there.