03.14.16

MINI BREAKFAST BITES

breakfast bites | designlovefest

need an easy weekend breakfast recipe for multiple people? try these delicious breakfast bites!! you can freeze and reheat them too. these guys are very convenient…

ingredients:

• 8 eggs
• 1 package of hash browns
• 1/2lb of bacon cooked
• 1 red bell pepper
• 3 tablespoons feta cheese
• greek yogurt for garnish
• 2 tablespoons chopped chives
• salt and pepper to taste
• cholula
• half a cup shredded cheddar cheese

breakfast bites | designlovefest

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. we used a 12 mini muffin tin; generously coat with cooking spray. in a medium sized bowl mix the shredded cheese with the hash browns. fill the muffin tins with the shredded potato mixture and create craters with your fingers. It’s ok if they stick out of the tin as they will shrink in the oven. place the muffin tin in the oven for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.

breakfast bites | designlovefest

CLICK THROUGH TO SEE THE FULL RECIPE…

breakfast bites | designlovefest

finely chop the cooked bacon, 1 red bell pepper and chives, set aside. in a large bowl whisk together the 8 eggs with the bell pepper, bacon, feta cheese and salt, pepper and cholula to taste.

breakfast bites | designlovefest

Once the hash brown craters are baked remove from the oven and fill each crater with the egg mixture. Continue to bake for an additional 12-15 minutes or until the eggs have fully cooked.

breakfast bites | designlovefest

Let cool for about 5 minutes before removing from the muffin tin. Garnish with a dollop of greek yogurt, chives and hot sauce. Enjoy!

photos by: ivan solis

victoria ojeda. says:

you didnt say when to add in bacon and you didnt include shredded cheese in ingredients..looks amazing though and I will definitely try them out! Thanks!

Ivan Solis says:

Hi Victoria! it’s included now. Hope you enjoy this recipe 🙂

Annie Slocum says:

Can’t wait to make this!

They look so yummy! I’m soo adding them to my list of things to make 🙂

TRICIA jo says:

Awesome! IDEA: Add a printable recipe card for “old school recipe boxes” and for easy reference.

Visually this post works, but functionally this would be an awesome way to extend the reach.

@MNdesignGal

designlovefest says:

love that idea! thanks for the suggestion!

joanie

Thanks for planning our Easter breakfast! Simple,easy, and delicious is just what we’re looking for! Thanks!

designlovefest says:

you’re welcome 🙂 hope you enjoy!

Diane says:

Yes. My favorite breakfast.

I tried this. Just lovely..my favorite breakfast

designlovefest says:

yay! so glad you loved it. thanks for letting us know! Xx

I like the recipe, maybe I will try it but in the weekend. My famiy will appreciate something new at breakfast and I think that this is the kind of recipe that it’s worth to keep. The images wil help me a lot, thank you for the recipe.

Elena Stroie says:

I started makeing this mini bites a week ago and now I am experiencing with other ingredients to and my family likes them very much.