01.12.16

TRADER JOE’S PIZZA

i’m a big trader joe’s fan (remember this post with tons of our favorites?!) shopping their aisles takes a bit of adjusting if you’re used to a traditional grocery store but once you get the hang of it there are so many benefits, particularly for someone like me who wants to spend no more then 30 minutes making dinner. it’s also great for entertaining, they have some killer frozen appetizers, all of the fixings for a pretty cheese plate and really reasonably prized booze. and they have pre-made whole wheat pizza dough that we’ll be using for today’s recipe. – joanie

DSC_0114_Exposure2

what you’ll need:
• pizza dough (it’s in the refrigerated section)
• one bag arugula
• shredded mozzarella cheese
• prosciutto
• burrata
• 1/2 lemon
• olive oil
• 3 garlic gloves, chopped
• 1 shallot, chopped
• salt

• place your pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 425, pre-heating the baking surface will make for a more crispy crust. rollout your pizza dough on a floured surface. brush the top with olive oil, sprinkle the mozzarella cheese, add prosciutto ( it will shrink up during baking so cover the entire thing), sprinkle chopped garlic and transfer to the heated and lightly oiled stone or baking sheet. place in the oven to bake for five minutes.

• while the pizza cooks place your arugula in a bowl and squeeze half a lemon, a pinch of salt, dash of olive oil and the shallots on top and toss with your hand.
• pull the pizza out of the oven, place slices or pieces of the burrata on top and place back in the oven for 5 more minutes.
• remove the pizza, add the salad on top and serve!

photos and styling by: ivan solis
see more food posts here
our trader joe’s favorite shopping list here

My Trader Joe obsession runs pretty deep but I don’t think I’ve ever tried their pizza dough!! I will definitely have to try it! =)

Liz says:

Their dough is amazing!

Liz @ ShoppingMyCloset.com

Hannah says:

I am a huge trader joe’s fan, so this post is right up my ally! Love how simple this recipe is, yet it looks like a complete stunner and as if you spent way more time on it! I will definitely have to give it a go! XX

Hannah

fabi says:

I am a big fan of Trader Joes and I will definitely try this. Thanks for sharing!

During summer, we love making pizzas on the grill with Trader Joe’s pizza dough. It comes out a little crisper, and the edges of the dough get those nice bubbles. We’ll have to try this one.

I loooove Trader Joe’s! And so many of these ingredients are on my normal shopping list. Looks so good!

Christine says:

That looks SO good! Is that a pizza stone or a pan? Do you have a favorite?

anita says:

That looks fantastic! We love making pizza with Trader Joe’s dough, using their canned Grecian style eggplant and tomatoes smeared on as sauce and sprinkle of feta cheese on top. We might add olives if we’re feeling fancy, but this is so easy and soon good.

Diana says:

Beautiful! And so simple. Thanks for the inspiration!

xo
    Diana

A beautiful restaurant that I would like to visit by my out of town friend. Simply amazing.