NOT DRINKING BENEFITS
we’ve given up drinking for only a week, here’s what we’ve seen…and we’re annoyed about it, trust us.
around fall of every year, it’s the same old story. lots of gatherings, chill hangouts with friends indoors, mulled wine, hot toddies, lounging around with a cocktail by a fire, boozy holiday brunches. i promise we’re not alcoholics, but joanie and i are gals that really really enjoy having a drink after work and on the weekends. we are social by nature! then new year’s day hits and the harsh reality of back to work and the feeling of “i should probably go on a diet, i feel terrible” strikes. same story this year.
do we want to become girls that never drink at all? nope, not for us. do we need to cut back? probably. as a holiday break detox, we’ve decided to give up drinking for a while (and believe me the joke of “no one likes the skinny sober bitch anyway” is in my head) it’s only been a week and i’ve already seen results. i would love to say that we haven’t, but it just ain’t true. here’s the list…
- wake up feeling less groggy and more clear headed.
- usually the 3-4pm lull hits and i am soooo tired and foggy. nope, not this week.
- i’ve heard not drinking helps with symptoms of PMS. even noticed this one in a big way. grrrr.
- we both feel lighter in general. less bloated.
- less blotchy skin
- it’s made it less hard to wake up early for work after sleeping in for two weeks straight on the break.
- and saved a lot of $$$
i know, it’s crazy! i think i just want to lay off alcohol for a few weeks (at least until my 30th bday trip!) and then just be more balanced with it. more ginger tea at night instead of wine. it will be an interesting test to see how i feel after three weeks of it.
have any of you been in the same mindset this week?? tell us you feel our pain. – bri and joanie