01.27.16

BLACK BATHROOMS ARE COOL

though bathrooms tend to get overlooked in the decorating process they can actually be transformed into the most sophisticated room in the house. this washroom noir look is strikingly elegant. i love the classic monochromatic black and white. refresh your bathroom with a splash of black paint. you can go all black, one wall black, or even a half black/half white stripe for a contrast. it’s timeless and can go with virtually any style. here’s a little black bathroom magic to inspire you. remember to go bold or go home! – erika

black bathrooms | designlovefest
black bathroom ideas | designlovefest
black bathrooms | designlovefest
black bathroom ideas | designlovefest
black bathroom ideas | designlovefest
black bathroom ideas | designlovefest

doesn’t this black bathroom make you want to take a long soak in that tub? let us know your thoughts on black bathrooms in the comments below! oh, and if you haven’t noticed we finally fixed our comments where we can reply back easily to you all! yay.

black bathroom ideas | designlovefest

image credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Chelsea Jean says:

totally been on a saturated bathroom kick! And especially loving black, dark navy and deep sea green kitchens lately as well…. So serious, yet cool.

Brittany says:

Yes!! These have my heart singing. So good!

whoa! gorgeous! my husband and I intend to renovate our bathroom within the next year or two, but I want to do something fun/cheap to it before that happens… we have marble tile floor and white tiles halfway up the walls (higher in the shower) with grey trim tile. I totally want to paint the rest of the walls black! maybe put in a tiny Persian rug, maybe swap light fixture for something less cheap-o-1970s… thanks for that extra boost 😉

Tina says:

I painted mine black a few months ago and was worried that it would be too dark during the winter, but I LOVE it because it is so elegant and cozy!

Diane says:

It is a pain in the a.. to clean it and to keep it clean. You have to wipe every drop, otherwise it will leave a mark. Best color for my bathroom was gray.

Vicky says:

OHH! I love black and white spaces, and the bathrooms are amazing! beautiful and inspiring post!

Jessica says:

So inspiring! Black walls are my favorites lately! x

Courtney says:

Yep. I have been obsessed with black bathrooms for a few years now. I would ideally have some really obnoxiously bright colored art framed next to a green floral photo print. What my someday home dreams are made of 🙂

fantastic!
    i had a heart pang over the leafy wallpaper! ghaaaa!!!

this is a post after my own heart!
    i’ve had a black kitchen for the last 6 yrs. my bedroom is painted in charcoal and all trim and doors throughout the flat is painted black.
    i balance it off with white painted floors, lighting and strategically placed high gloss surfaces.

Sue Erneta says:

Just finished mine! White walls with black wainscoting and dreamy black and white cement tile!