11.02.15

PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE

DSC_2984

It’s such a tradition when the weather becomes cool to grab my first pumpkin spice latte of the season. Once I discovered how amazing it is to make it homemade I decided to make this my go-to recipe.

DSC_2863

Ingredients:
• 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
• 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• 1 1/2 cup whole milk
• 6 scoops of ground coffee of your choice
• 1 teaspoon anise
• cinnamon for garnish

DSC_2872
DSC_2897

In a medium saucepan combine 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree with 1 cup of whole milk. Heat on medium stirring constantly as to not let the milk burn and ingredients combine. Add 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice, 1 teaspoon anise and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract. Continue to stir for about 3 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.

DSC_2910
DSC_2927

We used a french press and added 6 scoops of ground coffee with water brought to a boil. If your milk frother has the space, add 1/2 cup of milk.

DSC_2933
DSC_2951
DSC_2976
DSC_2954
DSC_2995

To combine the ingredients, first add the desired amount of the pumpkin spice cream. Next fill the rest of the mug with the coffee and coat the top with the frothed milk. Garnish with cinnamon and enjoy!

photos and styling by: ivan solis

hannah says:

This is insane! Definitely getting my pumpkin fix with this!

Tori says:

Pumpkin spice and everything nice, yeah! This looks like it might become my November obsession!

Melanie says:

I am in love! I so feel like I have not had my fill of pumpkin stuff this year! I have to try this out! I’ll definitely be dusting off my milk frother! =) Beautiful styling too!

Melanie | http://tootsplusdill.blogspot.com | Toots + Dill

Stephanie says:

Wow looks delicious, gotta try it!

X
    StephC

Fred says:

For a pumpkin lover like me, this is a dream come true. And it’s surely way better than anything premade or premixed that you’d get at the store.

Isabella says:

Looks delicious, I love me a pumpkin spice latte during autumn <3

Dana says:

Is it just me, or was it a lot of pumpkin pie spice? Maybe they meant 2 teaspoons? The ingredients call for 3 tablespoons of sugar, but the instructions say to use 2 tablespoons of sugar.

Bri says:

Would you mind sharing the name of the font used in the first image? Thank you!

Jean says:

I just made it and of course I did not put it in coffee yet. But 2 Tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice was overpowering. Could it be teaspoons. It looked nothing like your picture. Way darker. I did not use as much sugar but that should not of many any color difference and I used Wilton’s vanilla which is clear so no color change there? Please advise.