08.18.15

MOVIE NIGHT PARTY

as a kid, there was nothing better than building a fort, bringing snacks under it and watching a movie. so i made the adult version for me and my friends! we hooked up my apple tv to the projector and watched the graduate. such a good movie. see how we decked out our studio with pillows and the homemade snacks we made with blue diamond almonds below. also get 9 of my recommended films to play on your next movie night!

for the food, we created snacks that were a slightly more sophisticated take on the classics. caramel corn with roasted chocolate almonds, parmesan rosemary popcorn, homemade soft pretzels with dipping sauces, three varieties of aqua fresca and mini scoops of ice cream served with crushed almonds, coconut and white chocolate chips. found rentals let us use some of their amazing pillows and rugs, they have the best stuff and they really helped to achieve the sophisticated laid back vibe i wanted to create. and jenn sanchez provided the gorgeous florals for the occasion, i love the green vines on the wall and that hanging plant is on point, thanks jenn!

DSC_7050

for the popcorn, we used this amazing recipe and subbed in the dark chocolate almonds, it was so delicious. the pretzels were a recipe from here, we followed the instruction exactly except for the part where you’re suppose to dip them in butter after they’ve been cooked, we felt like that was probably a little excess and they tasted amazing without those added calories. we also placed little bowls of the blue diamond blueberry almonds around for people to munch on and to balance out the heavier snacks.

i bought these tiny glass cups and we served really small scoops of ice cream in them which was perfect because people want a little sweet treat but a little goes a long way.

my friends arrived just as the light was leaving the studio and the string lights and candles lit up the place. i like to burn the candles an hour early at least so the place smells wonderful when people walk in. (i always love when i walk in anthropologie for the same reason) pretty funny that a few of my friends and i decided to wear the same look for the evening…

we had red wine and snacks after the movie was over and just hung out. what a fun night. i want to have movie night every month!

styling by: designlovefest
photos by: ivan solis
furniture by: found rentals
florals by: jenn sanchez

we linked the trailers below if you want to check them out!

1. the skeleton twins – two of my favorite actors. heartwarming, real, and funny.
2. kumare – can’t believe what this guy got away with for so long.
3. annie hall – a classic i love
4. the graduate – another classic good for boys & girls! such great fashion in there too.
5. beginners – i just liked the vibe
6. chef’s table – always awesome to see people with passion for their work
7. lost angels – fascinating doc about skid row downtown
8. katy perry part of me – made me like her a lot more than i thought
9. frank – joanie said it was really funny

this post is in partnership with blue diamond almonds. all opinions are my own.

Blue Diamond Almonds

Lynne says:

Hey Bri, I am not sure if you are aware, but Bloglovin does not seem to be updating with your new blog posts this week. Is there anything you can do to get this fixed? Thanks so much! I always read from there but noticed there was nothing from you for two days so I checked and there is definitely a problem.

Amber says:

This looks so fun and cozy! What a great way to get everyone together. Love all the cushions and pillows scattered strategically around. Also, such yummy looking snacks for a movie night!

You’re always an inspiration-

XO
    amber

Danielle says:

I did something similar in my parent’s backyard patio area – with a sheet hung on the wall. It was so much fun. 🙂

Pela says:

wow, this looks incredible!! <3

Stephanie says:

such cozy decor, wow I love how you set up your movie night, looks lovely!

x
    StephC

this looks so classy and stylish! My movie evenings usualy looks more… normal 😀 But I definitely must try your idea and invite my friends 🙂 lobely!

Sarah says:

I love the neutral and natural elements of this party decor! I’m drawing so much inspiration for my new place I’ll be moving to in the fall! I am also loving your movie recommendations, I saw Chef’s Table on Netflix and it was amazing!

Beth says:

Holy crap, i’d never leave if i collapsed in that sea of cushions!
    Awesome idea guys, thanks for the inspo!

Beth.

MARINA says:

Wow! The best party I’ve never seen!

Hugs from Spain

Marina

Hello, could you tell me where you got some of those pillows from, love the cases and have been in search for similar!

Mallory Zintak
    mallory.zintak@gmail.com

Cole says:

Hey Bri! Where did you get those tiny glass cups and wooden bowls for this movie shindig? They’re adorable and classic…

Kait says:

Love love love this! Looks like so much fun

xo, Kait.

Caitlin says:

I’m wondering where the pillows are from too!

Debbie says:

Great party! Where are the pillows from, love the black and white.
    Thanks.

HB says:

Awesome! Thanks for the list! Wish I had a huge closet to hold dozens of pillows for movie nights! Strange question… what is the name of the vine like looking plant in picture 3?

Pearl says:

This looks lovely! Another great idea to invite friends over haha 🙂

j dale says:

Lots and lots of wonderful cushions on hand…WOW!

Thannk you a lot for sharing this with all of us you really recognise what you’re talking about!
    Bookmarked. Kindly additionally discuss with my website =).
    We could have a link exchange agreement among us