08.04.15

4 HAIR STYLES UNDER 4 STEPS!

my hair routine is pretty simple, most of the time i like to keep it all natural but i always appreciate the way a different hair style can mix up someone’s look or take a basic outfit and make it a little more glamorous. i asked my friend ashley to come up with four different hair tutorials that could be created in less then four steps. (if i’m gonna do my hair, it’s gotta be easy!) take a peek and let me know if you try one, i’d love to see!

i think my favorite was the knotted ponytail. it’s so easy, it’s laughable.

CLICK THROUGH TO READ HOW TO DO THEM…

THE CELTIC KNOT

• take a strand of hair from both sides & create a loop on the left side.
• using your right thumb lift the right section of hair up through the loop. do not pull the section of hair all the way through…

• take the end of the right section and go over and under the left section of hair.
• taking that same section of hair pull it through the loop you created with your thumb & pull to create a knot.

i love this half up look and the contrast of the soft feminine waves with a more structured interlocking twist.

HALF HALO BRAID

• create 2 small braids, one above each ear.
• spray a little texture spray and pull apart until you get the desired texture…

• using hairpins pull both braids up and around crown area and pin.

braids are always a win, they can be used in so many different ways and they actually stay put once you pin them which is plus.

FAUX BOB

• gather all of your hair like you’re going to create a low ponytail & twist to one side.
• taking the twist in the opposite hand, tuck it up/underneath at the nape of the neck & pin with hairpins…

i love how this look feels instantly glamorous and very 60’s. i sometimes debate wanting to cut my hair short but this look gives you the best of both worlds.

and, it paired perfectly with the pale pink peony dress by camilyn beth which felt very ladylike.

KNOTTED PONYTAIL

• part your hair down the center to create 2 large sections
• taking both sections tie a single knot
• using a large hairpin secure it through the center

this hair look feels very california cool, laid back but also fit for a fancier occasion like a wedding or date night.

photos by: ivan solis
hair by: ashley hall
makeup by: kelly shew

Svetlana says:

these are so elegant and beautiful… in moments like this I look at my outgrown pixie and sigh ))

These are really lovely Bri. I recently donated my long hair to cancer (well, for wigs, not literally to the disease but you know what I mean), and I can’t wait until it grows back! And then, murphy’s law, I’ll most likely find lovely short hair tutorials… such is life 🙂 But I’ll definitely come back to these!

Hannah says:

I love a loose updo! The braids are really elegant and i’ll definitely be trying the knotted ponytail
    X

Cecilia says:

I love the styling – the outfits and makeup are perfect!

Alyssa says:

Please share sources for all of the outfits! They are so cute!

Brittney G. says:

I love them all! The knotted pony looks so cool and classy; I think I’m going to try it for a gala I’m going to this weekend! And I’m so with you on if I’m gonna do my hair…it’s gotta be easy!

I’m so trying the faux bob move on my upcoming trip!

Anna Gordova says:

I just love every single one of them! Perfect!
    And I love the colour and the texture of your hair. It looks so voluminous!

I love every single one of these, especially the celtic knot! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s

chelsea says:

You look like an absolute BOMBSHELL in these pix!! I love all the styles and can’t wait to try them! 🙂

Lauren says:

I agree with Chelsea, bombshell status!

Lisa says:

Gosh you look so glamorous x I am hopeless at updos on myself but will def give these a whirl on my daughter x

Mel says:

Pretty sure you’re the cutest person ever, Bri.

Trang says:

You look amazing, and these hairstyles are gorgeous! Most faux bobs I see don’t look as nice as yours! <3

Beth says:

Awesome, thanks! Beautiful girl!

Beth

Rose says:

for the life of me I cannot figure out the celtic knot. it’s so pretty and I want to try it – can you break down the steps in pictures a bit more or link to a tutorial that breaks it down for those that might be not-so-good at doing hair?

Carly says:

Yes please! the celtic knot looks so pretty but I can’t figure it out!

I absolutely love your entire look for the last style. You look gorgeous!!

Anonymous says:

ATTN: ROSE & CARLEY

Hello! I apologize. I think we forgot to take a picture of one of the steps for the CELTIC KNOT. Here is a link for a better close up:

This is such a beautiful hairstyle. Once you get it it’s super easy 🙂

I forgot to leave my name with the above comment. I hope my answer helps 🙂

Ela says:

So pretty. I’ll definitely be doing them 🙂

Franca says:

you’re looking so gorgeous! absolutely beautiful! kisses from germany 🙂

mccart says:

just want to share little of my testimony how i also got the hacked ATM CARD which can withdraw up to $2000 usd each day on any ATM Machine boot all around the world. this card is real and legit it work so perfectly for me. the blank ATM Card have help so many people aroud the world you can reach them for one of this card and your life will change contact email on

atmmachinehackes @ gmail com

Agus says:

Lovely!
    I <3 all of then 😀

Ali Kurzeja says:

Absolutely lovely series! You look radiant! If you don’t mind me asking, where is your floral dress from in your “Knotted Ponytail” photos?

Eliza says:

I tried these myself. They really work and look effortlessly elegant and beautiful. Stunning. 🙂
    Love it.

Nadine says:

Hi I was hoping you could do a video tutorial of the celtic knot with the head twisted band that is seen in the picture.

I have the knotime down but can’t figure out how to do it with the twist.

Jane says:

Fantastic hairstyles but for me, my favourite is the faux bob! stunning!