06.22.15

WORKOUT / STYLE GRID 02

we’re back with another style grid! we’re talking a lot about workout gear these days with the #dlfgetfit challenge so this post that kira created is especially fitting. fun workout clothes actually does increase motivation (at least we think so!).

Work-out_01_0171

“I pretty much hibernate in winter, they’re tough in New York City! So, by the time spring hits I am bursting with energy. I just want to be outside, breath fresh air and move my body, stretch, use my muscles. Working out is sometimes the last thing I think I want to do, but it always makes me feel so great, I never regret it. Maybe I don’t need to call it ‘working out?’ Really, it’s just taking care of myself. And when I’m taking care of my body, I feel more invested in taking care of my whole self, like protecting my skin, drinking more water, and eating nourishing food (which I don’t think excludes the occasional cheeseburger- hello Shake Shack lover…). This post is inspired by all this energy and motivation on my mind lately. You gotta ride that motivation wave when you’ve got it! And cute sneakers don’t hurt. Enjoy the post!” – kira

shop these items:  1. nike sneakers, 2. GHD detangling comb (use with the hair masque in the shower), 3. aesop hair masque, 4. boscia spot treatment, 5. adidas by stella mccartney cycling jacket, 6athleta tank 7. adidas fit smart (we’ve been using and loving this, keeps track of your heart rate + calories!) more…

shop more of these items:  8. tweezerman tweezers, 9uncommon goods flavor infuser water bottle, 10kind snacks (the dark chocolate with sea salt ones are so good), 11. 3.1 phillip lim 31 hour bag, 12. clarins cleansing milk 13. panatea matcha set (for when you’re skipping the coffee but still need a pick-me-up) 14. lululemon yoga mat 15. lululemon yoga strap 16. outdoor voice leggings, 17. bose earbuds, 18. vimmia sports bra, 19. jurlique face moisturizing cream 20. ban.do bobbie pins 21. clarisonic mia 1

what are YOUR favorite workout essentials?? we always love discovering cool brands!

styling by: kira corbin for designlovefest
photography by: scott rounds photographs

VaNessa says:

I think the sports bra is super cute! 🙂

Danielle says:

Love this! I also have a collection of bright colored towels for those sweaty days.

Danielle | D is for Dreamer

Cristina says:

#DLFgetfit has totally inspired me to be healthier and I agree that cute work out clothes really helps with motivation! I just bought those nike flyknit lunar 3’s in black! my friend and I constantly joke that the best part about getting fit is the new cute wardrobe we’ve built up haha!

Annie says:

LOVE THIS! The Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor is great as an alternative to the adidas one you listed. I also love s’well water bottles for keeping water cold at the gym.

Liz says:

These are all must-haves for me too, great post!

xo, Liz

Coeurelle says:

$1k for a gym bag? A bit too rich for my blood.

AVL says:

Wow that is a lot of stuff just to get your butt moving.

Mandy says:

I like Panache sports bras (found that these help keep everything in place), happy puppies athletic wear for running pants (the pocket is big enough for your iphone in case your like me and hate that arm strap) and I also like a water bottle with a hand strap (which has another pocket). I only wear Raw Threads tops when I run they are moisture wicking and have fun designs. Also better running socks helps prevent blisters.

Elle says:

i’m still perfecting the contents of my gym bag. it is a delicate process, full of trial and error. i love that sports bra! congrats on the healthy new hobby! *fistbump!*
    ☽GYPSI☾

Fun workout clothes definitely help with motivation! One tip I read was to wake up early in the morning and put on workout clothes. Right away you’ll feel more inclined to exercise than if you had stayed in your pyjamas! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s

Elsa says:

thanks for this post and these pretty pictures. I need some motivation to start working out regularly. During the school year I have sport class so I know I’ll be doing sports once a week but now the school year is finished do as soon as my exams are over, I want to start yoga and running.

caytlyn says:

I recently bought a pair of nike lunarglide 6 shoes and I’m obsessed! The floral pattern is so cute!

Roses says:

One of my must have’s are work out gloves, i really like Props Athletics Feedom Gloves. Additionally I also really like Adidas Boston 5 sneakers, so comfy.

I love kind bars for a post-workout snack and the dark chocolate + sea salt is also my favorite one! I have been contemplating a fitness tracker for a while now and hadn’t heard that adidas has one, so I appreciate the recommendation!

Samantha says:

The Vimmia sports bra is too cute!