05.01.15

AMSTERDAM APARTMENT / JORDAAN

vscocam-photo-1-copy

hello from amsterdam! so, i have a BIG list of things we have done so far here (so much to do!) so i will be blogging about all of that soon. but i wanted to show you guys this apartment first…

CLICK THROUGH TO SEE THE WHOLE POST…

it was funny, today i was sitting having a frittata at vinnie’s down the street from me and two of my friends that live in LA were just sitting right across from me. so random to run into people in another country! anyways, i’ve been taking it really easy the past two days. i’ve had 3 non-stop weeks of travel, walking, plane rides, eating, drinking, exploring…it was time to just stay inside most of the day. which actually is a huge reason why i end up renting airbnbs when i’m abroad. you can stay inside and relax, cook food, hang in the living room and work. it’s perfect. (you can sign up for airbnb here and get $25 off your first place!)

Processed with VSCOcam with m5 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with m5 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with m5 preset

i am staying in two different apartments in amsterdam (only 5 mins from each other) i thought it would be fun to switch it up and stay one week in each. this first one i’m in is so perfect, i am kinda sad to leave it! our host is an interior designer, and her house really shows it. we met up with her for lunch one day and had a really nice time. she also gave us a bunch of little tips about amsterdam. i’m already in talks with her about switching houses next summer!

the bedroom is a cool A frame shape, with wooden beams and beautiful decorations. her style is quite eclectic (she lives half the time in ibiza) and i really appreciated it. the houses in amsterdam are very vertical, with steep steps, but it’s not as loud when you sleep up on the top floor!

Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with c6 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with c6 preset

it’s the perfect spot for two people (my friend and i shared a king size bed.) there’s also a back patio attached to the kitchen that is really lovely to sit on when it’s sunny. i also really love that plywood look in the kitchen, it makes me want to have that in my future home.

Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset

the living room was really comfortable. we spent a lot of days napping here before dinner, after a long day of walking. you could also look out the window at all the people drinking across the street or passing by on their bikes (or if you’re lucky a guy breathing fire who is clearly stoned)

Processed with VSCOcam with c3 preset

and check this out…she covered all the edges of her books in masking tape to give them a similar dusty look. so genius. they are all bright when you take them out of the shelf, but appear to all look sunkissed or old when displayed.

Processed with VSCOcam with c7 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset

and the location is GREAT. it’s in the jordaan neeighborhood. easy walk to the nine streets. tons of bars, shops, and cafes right around there, yet this street is fairly quiet. i would seriously recommend it! looking forward to my next place, and i will update you soon with everywhere we ate, saw, etc. talk soon! –bri

Processed with VSCOcam with c3 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with c3 preset

to rent this apartment: go here
to get $25 off your first stay with airbnb: go here

photos by designlovefest

Lynn says:

I *LOVE* Amsterdam! Here are some reco’s I put together after two visits. Enjoy!

Kati says:

I hope your host puts her apartment back up on Airbnb! It looks beautiful but isn’t available anymore… :/

Perry says:

Hi Bri,
    Thanks for this beautiful post and all the Instagram photos. I’m actually going to Amsterdam this summer and thought to book this apt but the link doesn’t work. Would you mind posting a correction to the link? Thanks so much!

Wendy says:

That place is seriously PERFECT! I am going to Amsterdam in the Fall and I cannot wait! Looking forward to seeing more posts and recommendations. Are you having any language barriers there?

Erica says:

Okay okay okay!! I’m convinced! Amsterdam has definitely been added to the list of places I *must* visit. So I don’t entirely understand. Does she leave the masking tape on or places and removes so dust collects? In my head I thought masking tape is more opaque then that

Hannah says:

I’d love to stay here next time I’m in the ‘dam. Looks super cool!

Girl I want to be like you and be self-employed so I can go work in different countries for 2 weeks. Tell me your ways!

COOCOO FOR COCO

What a perfect place!!

xo Rachael / The Paraders

What an adorable space! It looks so cozy and welcoming. I love the combo of rustic and modern.

The Office Stylist

Christine says:

What a beautiful space! I love all the nature pieces.

Christine | DimesandDonuts.com

Meredith says:

THAT kitchen. So simple but so perfect. She’s a fantastic designer. Makes me want to head to Amsterdam again!

jade says:

This is the cutest little place. If/when i head back over to Amsterdam, I will be checking to see id this place is available – thanks

Gabriela says:

lovely apartmen *_*

Patricia says:

I love this one even more than the other one you’ve stayed in. If you go back to amsterdam next year, you should really come to Antwerp for a couple of days! I think you would really like it, it’s picturesque, creative and beautiful and I would love to see it trough your eyes here on the blog 🙂 xx