04.28.15

TUSCANY

i am posting a little out of order for my trip, but oh well! let’s start with tuscany…i took a plane into florence, took a shuttle bus about 5 minutes to the train station and there was a train to montevarchi every 30 mins or so. it’s super easy to just buy a ticket at the machine in the station (don’t forget to validate it) and hop on the next train out. it took me about 40 minutes to get there…

SEE THE WHOLE POST AFTER THE JUMP…

i was invited by the ladies from italian eye (an event design company based in london & tuscany) to attend a little blogger retreat they put together. i decided it was the perfect addition to my trip! i got to meet other amazing bloggers from around europe and take part in the real way of life in tuscany.

we stayed at this villa, which you can rent out for the week! if you get a good group (10-14 people) it ends up being SO affordable.

we learned how to make ravioli from scratch, made flower crowns in the open fields, ate delicious pastas outdoors, and relaxed by the pool that was sadly too cold to go into.

one night we made pizzas and everyone added a secret ingredient from their country. my favorite was the lardo & rosemary pizza. so delicious!

and a dinner place i LOVED visiting (we had our meal in the wine cellar!) was canto del maggio. fusili with bacon for the win.

symmetry breakfast made us our morning meals, and presented them beautifully at that! his tuscan ricotta toast was quite memorable.

loved our family style meals! we had meat & wine tastings in the sunshine…

we also visited the ferragamo estate and had lunch there, which was really cool.

and a picnic at the villa…

and how cute are these cakes by lily vanilli?! (her bakery is london based) we had a cake & tea break in the garden where the movie Life Is Beautiful was filmed!

so, would I go back to tuscany? to be honest, it was really fun because we had a big group of people and an itinerary with lots of activities. the villa also made it really comfortable and relaxing. but by the end of my 5 day trip i was really missing city life. it’s a great escape, but i wouldn’t go for much longer than a few days unless you are a chiiiiillllll person. ha. but it WAS beautiful, and i am happy to have the experience and memories.

thank you so much italian eye for planning this lovely trip!! see more details on the #kaleidotour hashtag!

all photos by bri emery of designlovefest

jaclyn says:

Looks amazing and like the perfect place for myself.

I’m the opposite of you though in regards to city love. I like big open spaces, with little dirt roads to just drive around and appreciate the scenery. Under the Tuscan Sun is my idea of perfection!

allie rogowski says:

What a beautiful trip! Thanks for sharing!

cloro says:

awww! you were in my country, really really close to my town… if you come back i’ll bring you in the city! <3

I love this so much I can’t even take it! The food, the drinks, the scenery – everything looks to die for!

xo Megan, Lush to Blush

Gorgeous photos! I’ve always wanted to visit Tuscany and these pictures just make me want to go there more. Delicious food, fun people, and great memories.

The Office Stylist

Veronica says:

The trip looks amazing, especially the villa!

Looks like an incredible place to feel inspired with other creatives! The lavendar and pops of color in your captures are super fun. Now I’m going to eat pasta… lots of pasta! I love these updates from your travels, Bri!

Tara says:

WOW! What a gorgeous party for the senses! Thank you for sharing. LOVE the formal Italian gardens – clipped hedges with flowering plants behind. The wisteria shot is stunning. I LOVE it when my design clients want to recreate Tuscan gardens!

Tara

Kiki says:

Fantastic photos. Each one more gorgeous than the next. That’s Italy! Enjoy. Safe travels.

Varsha says:

Lovely pictures! they capture the vibe of your time there beautifully. Enjoy the rest of the trip ! cant wait to see the other city pics.

Jacquelyn says:

The lack of this publicity contributes directly to the amount of the population that watches other sports instead of
    soccer. You are the one that controls your fate and the
    winning numbers are your fate. I obviously can’t go to all those different campuses whenever I
    want to buy fan apparel, so I shop for my official NCAA football gear online.

Kaye says:

Such beautiful photographs! and it looks like an amazing place. I am off to Tuscany this year and now I am a little bit excited x

Rachel says:

Beautiful photos! Makes me want to travel on holiday somewhere soon!

you really captured beautiful pictures!
    loved the fanciness and the rustic pics!
    god the food!!!

i adore tuscany! when we go we go for 2 full weeks. we picnic in vineyards and drive from village to village.
    wine, cheese, bread, pesto, fresh fruit. can pretty much do that every day the whole time and never get sick of it.
    thank you for sharing your trip!

Brianna says:

Cooking in Italy must be fantastic!
    And those flowers are impeccable!

Ripped Jeans

Dalalba says:

I love Italy!!!! And the picures are really cool! Nice!

Oh my gosh, I would LOVE to go to Tuscany. I’ve always wanted to go there after I saw Under the Tuscan sun lol. What ingredient did you choose to represent America?

Margery Ho says:

This looks absolutely beautiful! x

Blog A Girl with a Camera
    Youtube A Girl with a Camera

Carrie Leber says:

This post is so inspiring and amazing – what a great and inspiring collection of images! Hope you’re having a blast.

Leah - Miami says:

I just love that tea party. You captured your visit well. 🙂

fira says:

oh wow these are all soooo lovely!! such a dream retreat.. wonder if the ferragamo estate is open to the general public?

Ronnie says:

Your photos show off so beautifully why I want my guests to experience Tuscany trips
    Thank you for sharing such brilliant pictures for all to see!

It’s very effortless to find out any matter on web as compared to books,
    as I found this piece of writing at this web site.

Mia says:

Looks like a beautiful place!
    I am delighted with your table decorations, especially the cake looks perfect.
    Flowers are everywhere …. is not that beautiful!

Mia 🙂

Obiraf says:

I love Italy .. Thank you for sharing pictures …

nenad says:

The best place in Europe. Beautiful article

Courtney says:

The Tuscan region is my favorite! I lived there and studied art in college. And at roughly the size of New Jersey, it has most everything (from beaches to hills) so there is something for everyone. What part of Tuscany did you visit? If you’re more of a city person I’d skip the countryside towns and head straight to the capital of the region-Florence (Firenze)-it’s one of my favorite places ever.