02.19.15

HONEY PALOMA COCKTAIL

southern california is having a heat wave, while the east side of the country is buried in snow. it might seem crazy to be thinking about tequila cocktails but with 80 degree days here in LA we already have spring and summer on our minds. for you east coasters, turn up the heat and pour yourself a drink and remember that spring will be here before you know it…cheers!

Ingredients:

• 1 cup fresh ruby red grapefruit juice
•  2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 3 ounces tequila
• ice as needed
• top with club soda
• 2 tablespoons water

Honey Paloma: in a large measuring cup ( I like to use a 4 cup measuring device for ease of adding all ingredients) pour 1 cup of fresh squeezed and strained ruby red grapefruit juice, mix in the 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice. In a sauce pan combine 2 tablespoons honey with equal amounts of water. Set over medium heat. Stir until honey dissolves. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Stir the honey syrup into the grapefruit mixture, add 3 ounces of tequila. Pour ingredients over two glasses filled with ice, leaving room to top off with club soda.

photos and styling by: Ivan Solis

Sjoukje says:

Mjum, looks good! <3

Tequila cocktails are not crazy in Winter. Nada. No way. And this one looks delicious!

Mmmm, sounds delicious. And it’s got honey in it, so it must be healthy 😉

Becki says:

Oh this looks so delicious and the colour is so pretty! Summer is far, far away for the UK sadly but I’ll definitely be saving this recipe for warmer days! xx

Rebecca says:

Could anyone tell me where I can find that amazing gold jigger?

Joanna says:

If it’s anything as good as Paloma Faith, then I’m taking it! 🙂

Kerry says:

Sounds refreshing; must try this!

This sounds delicious AND it looks beautiful. I am definitely going to be pinning this for future reference. 😀 Thank you!

xo Melyssa
    The Nectar Collective

Steph says:

This looks so awesome! Love the photos!

i would pay so many dollars to be sipping this right now.

wowsers, would be perfect for my Friday afternoon! Your photos are DIVINE! x

Wow! This drink looks delicious! I can’t wait to try it this week for a dinner party! Thanks for the recipe!

Lauren B says:

I would love to know where to buy these glasses!

Rachel says:

I’ve just made this as a working Sunday afternoon treat, and it was so refreshing. Loved the addition of the honey! https://instagram.com/p/zsSStRyPvw/