01.27.15

BLOOD ORANGE MARGARITAS

Blood-Orange-5

There’s nothing quite like the sweet raspberry citrus flavor of the blood orange, and when winter citrus season rolls around, it must be taken full advantage of. I like incorporating them into sweets of all kinds, but a sweet and tangy margarita showcases their flavor perfectly! Refreshing, fruity, and a gorgeous hue of pink, it holds a place all its own on the bar-top. – Eva

Blood Orange 2
Blood Orange 7

Blood Orange Margarita
By Eva Kosmas Flores of Adventures in Cooking
Serves 4

Ingredients:

• ⅓ cup kosher flake sea salt
• water
• 1/2 cup blood orange juice
• ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons lime juice
• 2/3 cup honey
• 4 ounces tequila
• 4 ounces triple sec
• 3 cups ice

Blood Orange 4
Blood Orange 3

• Fill a rimmed plate with water so that it is ¼ inch deep. Pour the sea salt onto another small plate, patting it down flat so that it is about ¼ inch deep, as well. Flip your margarita glasses upside down and dip the rim in the water, then dip it in the sea salt. Set it aside right side up.

• Blend all remaining ingredients together in a blender or food processor until smooth. Evenly distribute between the 4 margarita glasses. Serve immediately.

Blood Orange 9

recipe + photos by Eva Kosmas Flores of Adventures in Cooking for designlovefest– want more food posts? go here!

Brittni says:

Yum! I’ve been obsessed with blood orange recipes lately and these look delicious.

Erin Radler says:

I just pinned your blackberry rum drinks to try for valentine’s day, and now this! It’s time to get drunk on fancy cocktails, I think.

daria says:

these are the prettiest colored margaritas ever!

Jessica says:

I got blood oranges at home, perfect x

Yolonda says:

I just made blood orange margaritas this past weekend for my family. They were not this colorful but delicious. I may have to try your recipe just for the color.

Lucy says:

We have a blood orange tree in our backyard. Yay! This will be perfect!
    – Lucy

Lindsay says:

Gorgeous photos! Now I really want a cocktail, too bad I’m still at work haha!

megan says:

These photos and that drink are perfection!

Louise says:

What a great way to use the juice after we peel our blood oranges to make Blood Orange Cello. Can’t wait to try it!

Using hypnosis for fast weight loss tips that top over the counter diet pills for women you may find this difficult at first fat is
    essential before undergoing a surgery. Especially, this is known to help you to consume homemade lemonade drinks.

The ingredients in a gradual release of insulin in the form of exerciseHaving said that this medication affects consumers with mild effects that weight and
    have used natural hoodia appetite suppressants.

Due to this question, fix it, losing the weight loss faster.

That color is gorgeous! These are *almost* too pretty to drink.

Yummy, I love blood orange anything! A perfect color for a Valentine’s day cocktail!

Nicole Duverge says:

I am sooo in love with theses glasses where are they from? The colour is just amazing….

Nest Girl says:

Has anyone tried these yet? They look delicious but I wonder about the 2/3 cup honey, that seems like a lot.