10.20.14

COOL DRINK MIXERS

the month of october has been pretty crazy over here at the studio, lots going on and not a lot of downtime. so we took a rare quiet moment last friday and celebrated the start to the weekend with a little studio happy hour. we aren’t shy about our love for cocktails and mixing up new combinations is something we all enjoy.

we got these cool white whale mixers in the mail the other day and decided to give them a try. our favorites were the old fashioned and the tequila cocktail called the skinny dipper. we made the old fashioned slightly more seasonally appropriate by adding a pumpkin spiced rim. it’s sort of a win-win because it sounds impressive and fancy but it’s really the easiest thing in the world.

to create the rim, we mixed equal parts sugar and pumpkin spice (we bought our spice at trader joes). next, we ran the inside of a cut orange slice around the rim of a glass, flipped it over and rotated the glass back and forth until the edge was fully coated.

what’s your fall/holiday cocktails? we’re always looking for new ideas!

below is the skinny dipper, which wasn’t quite fall flavored but it was definitely refreshing – mango, lemon and tequila garnished with a lemon twist and sage leaf. hit the spot.

(photos by sheila gim for designlovefest)

Chelsea says:

Your studio looks so amazing, I love all the white and the exposed bricks- the cocktails look pretty good too;)

LOVE the packaging on those! I love this post, so much eye candy. I’m dying to get those little gold-rimmed coupe glasses too. So, so pretty, and perfect for the holidays.

Deanna says:

I love how the pumpkin spice looks like it added glitter to the already gold rimmed cup. So beautiful <3

204 Park says:

These look so good! I’m 4 days away from my due date and this post couldn’t have come at a better time – lol! I’ll be trying these sooooon! XO, Sarah

Stefania says:

Very cute gift idea (not to mention the A+ photos)! Thanks for the tip!

Em Wild says:

the names on those mixers is just perfect, and the packaging is adorable too, team that with an awesome set of cocktails and away you go!!

The only thing different is that you like our presence. Fortunately, sleek
    shelves with simple, colorful boxes can be found very easily
    and provide an easy storage solution for products that do not lead to the designing plan. Many are
    dedicated to their respective work and profession just to fulfill that goal.

Nicole Leone says:

I for sure judge a drink by the label and these bottles are beautiful! I love all the work I see from Megan and Mike at The Fresh Exchange.

For fall I like to mix up Jameson Irish whiskey, Buttershots, cider and a caramel apple sucker, yum!

If you relax your inhibitions and allow yourself to respond naturally to your thoughts,
    attitudes and emotions, your facial expressions will be appropriate and will project sincerity,
    conviction, and credibility. Large kitchen appliances can indeed be worthy investments, so try to make
    sure you have the works: lifetime guarantee, service warranties, spare parts warranties, etc.
    The Sony XDR-S10HDi – P is a stylish HD clock radio that allows you to listen to
    the tunes stored in your i – Phone by using the integrated docking station.

Lori says:

I know this is all about the mixers but WHERE di you get the gold cocktail shaker from?? That is amazing! x

Katie says:

The minds behind White Whale rock! I live in North Carolina, so I’ve been enjoying their mixers for over a year. My favorite is their new Skinny Dipper mixer!

P&F says:

Very nice pictures and the drinks looks delicious!
    Cheers!
    preppyandfunny.wordpress.com

Alyne says:

Hello! Please, where did you get those gold-rimmed coupe glasses? Thank you in advance! Xoxo from Brazil!

great points altogether, you simply gained a logo new reader.
    What mmay yoou recommend in regards to your publish that you simply
    made a few days in the past? Any positive?