08.29.14

LITTLE LIFE LESSONS

we all have that piece of advice that someone we respected gave us, something that stuck in our minds and something that we still follow to this day. some of them are tiny little tips that don’t seem like much but we remember them forever (whether they are fully true or not!) here’s some we’ve found helpful…(and a cute notebook above to write a few down) what helpful tips have you learned along the way?

• always send a thank you note within 5 days.

• never make a big decision late at night, sleep on it.

• don’t have dairy when you have a cold.

• always take a photo of your passport before you go on a trip, in case you lose it it’s easier to go through the process.

CLICK THROUGH TO READ THE FULL LIST…

• shampoo the top of your hair and condition the bottom.

• put a penny in the bottom of your vase, the flowers last longer.

• book flights on tuesdays for cheaper prices!

• when shooting instagrams, try multiple angles. shoot overhead, close, far, etc…see what looks best.

• run a cut avocado under cold water to keep it from browning

• 68 degrees is the ideal sleeping temperature for deep sleep.

• don’t salt your eggs until they’re fully cooked.

• put rubbing alcohol on the top of a zit before going to sleep to dry it out.

• microwave a dirty sponge for 30 seconds to kill germs.

• rinse your hair and body in cold water before ending your shower to prevent dryness.

• freeze an onion for 15 minutes before cutting it to keep you from tearing up.

• save 10% of your pay check!

• try not to eat after 8pm.

• your workout is 20% less effective if you don’t stretch after.

WHAT LITTLE TIPS HAVE YOU LEARNED THAT STUCK WITH YOU??

Megan Flowers says:

This is a personal tip… Don’t take things personal. So

Christina says:

The avocado and onion tip are awesome!

– Christina http://www.cityloveee.blogspot.com

I just learned so many new things! Must work on the eating after 8pm and stretching!

Jordana says:

I’ll have to remember that avocado tip! This one is silly but useful, rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide will remove adhesive off of glass.

kim boswell says:

Hold your toothbrush like you would a pencil, it helps you from brushing too hard and forces you to spend more time brushing. Seriously, it works.

nueyork says:

I love reading little tip posts like this! I definitely agree with the sleeping on big decisions.

nueyork.blogspot.com

The penny trick sounds really random but I need to try it.

Use drugstore vaseline on your feet after a shower at night and put socks on. This one works amazing for having smooth feet, even better than any price product 🙂

Never say never 😉
    Tring new things and not fixating on a comfort life is very important. I moved to a new country (to the opposite side of the world) and it required a lot of courage and effort.

I just realized the shampoo/conditioner tip not too long ago. It really is a life saver for my hair. I have thin and fine hair and if I leave conditioner in my roots for too long, it’s hello grease!

Yolonda says:

Love all these tips. I definetly will be using some, like cutting avocado under cool water. And putting a penny with flowers.

Sarah Ball says:

ha, wonderful! Way to cover all your bases here.

One from Kate Moss-
    Imagine your ‘chin on the ledge’ when your photo’s being taken. This elongates your neck and prevents double chin.

Denielle says:

Book flights on Tuesdays–who knew?! Lots of great advice. Thanks for sharing!

Debra says:

Have you eνer thought about ϲreaqtіng an ebοоҟ οг
    ɡսеst authߋгing οn οtɦeг ѡеbѕіtеѕ?
    Ι hɑѵе ɑ blοg centeгеd օn the ѕamе idеаs ʏou
    ԁіѕcսѕѕ ɑnd ԝοսlԁ rеаllƴ lіке tο haνe ʏօu ѕɦаге ѕօе ѕtߋгіеѕ/іnfօгmɑtіοn. I ҡnoա mү aսԀіеncе աould ɑpρreϲіatе үοսr ԝoгκ.
    If yοս ɑге еvеn геmοtеlʏ іnteгеѕtеԀ,
    feеl frеe to ѕend
    mе аn е-mаіl.

Мƴ աеb blog dealѕеа
    pɑpa јοhns, Debra,

Edea Smith says:

If you put a wooden spoon on top of a saucepan it will stop the liquid from boiling over the edge. Works GREAT for thing like cooking Pasta 🙂

Sarah @ EDEA Smith

Nancy says:

If you want to move up, you have to move out. -my college professor

Anonymous says:

AN avocado.

Hande says:

Always great to discover new tips! Here’s a few that stuck with me:
    – If it’s not going to matter in 10 years, it doesn’t matter now. (from one of my high school teachers)
    – Sand at the beach doubles as great body scrub.
    – Don’t brush when it’s wet – wait until it’s almost dry to detangle and blow dry.

Catherine says:

oh the Avocado one is a favourite! Someone once told me to leave the stone in but that never worked…
    My tip, is also with Vaseline. Rub a good amount on the inside of your new shoes (heel and toes)to stop the friction that will cause blisters. The Vaseline will naturally wear away by the time the shoe has stretched to fit your feet! works with both leather and vinyl shoes!

Oh darn, why is it that I always wait until 3AM to get my life in order? -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s

Alix says:

Add a tablespoon of cornstarch to your batter for super moist chocolate chip cookies.
    Always put a bit less sugar than what’s in the recipe: you won’t taste the difference, but it’s a bit less sugar at the end of the day.

Colleen says:

I’m going to have to try that onion tip because I seriously always sob when I cut onions. It’s gotten so bad that I use chemistry goggles!

Stevie-Ella says:

Clear your cache or use chrome’s incognito tabs when booking flights if you’ve been browsing for flights recently. They hike up the price if they can tell you’ve been looking!

Anna says:

loved this post!! so many things i didn’t know!!

Caitlin says:

This random bit really stuck with me:
    When using public restrooms, the stall closest to the door is usually the cleanest.

Susan Williams says:

Really enjoying this sight.

Five minutes of exercise is better than none at all. And you’ll probably feel better afterward.

Keri Oliff says:

Enjoyed reading this. Here is my biggest tip that has changed my life: People will like you more if you don’t talk about yourself, but instead ask about them.

Jess says:

Don’t make decisions when you’re emotional! This ties in with sleeping on it 🙂

Novelisa says:

love all of those tips <3

Landon says:

If some one wants expert view concerning blogging and
    site-building afterward i suggest him/her to pay a visit this weblog, Keep up the good
    work.

KayBe says:

dry you hair with an old cotton tshirt. This keeps my wavy hair from being a poof ball.

tasha says:

This are really good. I am going to try the food tips. Really good.

If yоu search “how to buy made in prc products” in Google, уοu
    ѡill find thіs stlre in tɦe froont to tҺе searching гesults.
    Іnstead of focusing оn whwt they аrе ɗoing wrong οr гight, or how sick they mayy ƅecome if they ԁo not
    make сhanges, channel үߋur energy іnto helping ߋthers together.
    Encouraged Ƅy ɦеr Ƅеst ally Ellle and Һеr asst
    Laurie, Jules tries tօ enter ƅack іnto
    thе datinbg scene.

ңere is my blog plenty of fish dating Agency customer service

Bailey says:

Well this is quite a useful little rundown, thanks for sharing!

I’m pretty pleased tߋ discover
    tҺіs ǥreat site. І ѡant to tο thank уߋu fօr ʏοur time fοr tɦіs ρarticularly wonderful read!!
    І Ԁefinitely enjoyed еvery part of іt and Ι have
    уοu saved аs a favorite tо see neա
    stuff οn youjr site.

Libby Boyle says:

When I was going through a very stressful period of my life, my sister said to me … You don’t know if you’re making the right decisions in life, you just have to make them. Helped me heaps then and still does now.

Stephanie says:

1. Cut warm brownies with a plastic knife instead of metal. Keeps them from tearing and crumbling. My mom’s mom told me that and it works brilliantly!

2. Wash starchy dishes in cold water and oily dishes in hot water for maximum ease of leftover grime removal. That one’s from my dad, from HIS mom!

Grandmas are the best <3

Kathryn Walters says:

-To keep perspective, ask yourself, “Will this matter in 10,000 years?”
    -Stressing about every decision is no way to live. Make the best decision you can with the information you have, and then own it – consequences and all.
    -Every purchase you make is an investment. Invest well.
    -When dating seriously, ask yourself, “Would you be proud to have a son/daughter like your significant other?”

Lisa says:

I love these and a lot of them are also “one-liners” that have stuck with me!