08.13.14

FLORAL DRINKS

floral_drink_selex_59

colorful summer cocktails with flowers?! what could be better. they’d make the perfect start to a dinner party or a sweet addition to a weekend brunch or shower. cheers, friends!floral_drink_selex_55

one note regarding the flowers – we highly recommend that you use organic flowers when using them as edibles or garnish for your food and drink. and, we did not eat these flowers, just used them as pretty accents…

rosewater lemonade

• 2 tbs rosewater water
• 1 tbs simple syrup
• 1/2 cup lemonade
• 2 oz vodka

combine all ingredients over ice and shake. top with rose for garnish. yield 1 serving.

chamomile whiskey

• 1 tbs honey
• 1 chamomile tea bag
• 1.5 oz whiskey
• 1 cup hot water

steep tea bag in hot water. stir in honey and let sit until cool. combine with whiskey over ice. add fresh chamomile for garnish. yield 1 serving.

greyhound

• 1 cup grapefruit juice
• 1.5 oz gin
• 0.5 oz simple syrup

combine all ingredients over ice and mix. add flower (these are diantus) for garnish. yield 1 serving.

into edible flowers? check out this pretty cake idea!

(photos + styling by sheila gim for designlovefest– want more food posts? go here!)

• 1. Rachael  |  August 13th, 2014 at 5:14 am

Gorgeous photos – can not wait to make these for my friends this weekend – farmers market for flowers pronto!! Sheila you photos are so beautiful!!

• 2. Catherine  |  August 13th, 2014 at 5:28 am

SO pretty! I think it’s worth nothing that although you aren’t necessarily eating them, it’s really important they are pesticide free as any chemicals will seep into the drinks! I know you mentioned they should be organic, but thought it was worth saying why, as people might just assume that you are just promoting an organic lifestyle.

• 3. kristin  |  August 13th, 2014 at 6:01 am

absolutely gorgeous! such a lovely idea for hosting a brunch or a shower.

• 4. Blake Reynolds  |  August 13th, 2014 at 11:01 am

Okay, wow. This might be my favorite food/drink post you’ve ever done! So beautiful. Can’t wait to try!

• 5. Ashley Nathalie  |  August 13th, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Absolutely beautiful! Definitely want to try the rose water one, it’s such a lovely flavor that you don’t see often enough.

• 6. Chef Pri  |  August 13th, 2014 at 4:43 pm

lol, styling with flowers that I can’t eat is SO something I would do just because they look so darn pretty.

• 7. Nathalia  |  August 13th, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Yummy! It’s friday already?
    The Key Item

• 8. Stacia  |  August 13th, 2014 at 9:13 pm

Simply gorgeous!

• 9. Lauren Hughes  |  August 14th, 2014 at 5:22 am

Oh wow, these are beautiful :) xo

• 10. Meredith  |  August 14th, 2014 at 8:43 am

So beautiful! Great job! I have frozen these types of flowers in large ice cubes and put into water or sparkling water. This is for those who may want a non alcohol version. Just a thought! Love your blog dearly!

• 11. Jenna  |  August 14th, 2014 at 10:40 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Can’t wait to have a girl party w/ these pretties!! Any idea where the pretty little glasses came from? Thanks!

• 12. Cori Magee  |  August 14th, 2014 at 11:59 am

Beautiful photography and styling!

• 13. sue/the view from great island  |  August 14th, 2014 at 9:21 pm

This is a stunning post — I’ve been obsessed with flower garnishes all summer!

• 14. Amber DeGrace  |  August 17th, 2014 at 9:17 am

Absolutely stunning and I bet they taste good, too. These are going on the “to drink” list.

• 15. heidi  |  August 29th, 2014 at 12:25 pm

So fancy! I would love to drink one of these with my gal pals. I featured it on my weekly roundup. http://aweekfromthursday.com/2014/08/weekender-8282014/

Thanks for sharing!

• 16. Sosyal Medya  |  September 3rd, 2014 at 12:18 pm

Beautiful photography and styling!

• 17. Lindsey  |  September 17th, 2014 at 1:50 pm