08.13.14

FLORAL DRINKS

floral_drink_selex_59

colorful summer cocktails with flowers?! what could be better. they’d make the perfect start to a dinner party or a sweet addition to a weekend brunch or shower. cheers, friends!

floral_drink_selex_55

one note regarding the flowers – we highly recommend that you use organic flowers when using them as edibles or garnish for your food and drink. and, we did not eat these flowers, just used them as pretty accents…

rosewater lemonade

• 2 tbs rosewater water
• 1 tbs simple syrup
• 1/2 cup lemonade
• 2 oz vodka

combine all ingredients over ice and shake. top with rose for garnish. yield 1 serving.

chamomile whiskey

• 1 tbs honey
• 1 chamomile tea bag
• 1.5 oz whiskey
• 1 cup hot water

steep tea bag in hot water. stir in honey and let sit until cool. combine with whiskey over ice. add fresh chamomile for garnish. yield 1 serving.

greyhound

• 1 cup grapefruit juice
• 1.5 oz gin
• 0.5 oz simple syrup

combine all ingredients over ice and mix. add flower (these are diantus) for garnish. yield 1 serving.

into edible flowers? check out this pretty cake idea!

(photos + styling by sheila gim for designlovefest– want more food posts? go here!)

Rachael says:

Gorgeous photos – can not wait to make these for my friends this weekend – farmers market for flowers pronto!! Sheila you photos are so beautiful!!

Catherine says:

SO pretty! I think it’s worth nothing that although you aren’t necessarily eating them, it’s really important they are pesticide free as any chemicals will seep into the drinks! I know you mentioned they should be organic, but thought it was worth saying why, as people might just assume that you are just promoting an organic lifestyle.

kristin says:

absolutely gorgeous! such a lovely idea for hosting a brunch or a shower.

Okay, wow. This might be my favorite food/drink post you’ve ever done! So beautiful. Can’t wait to try!

Ashley Nathalie says:

Absolutely beautiful! Definitely want to try the rose water one, it’s such a lovely flavor that you don’t see often enough.

Chef Pri says:

lol, styling with flowers that I can’t eat is SO something I would do just because they look so darn pretty.

Nathalia says:

Yummy! It’s friday already?
    The Key Item

Stacia says:

Simply gorgeous!

Meredith says:

So beautiful! Great job! I have frozen these types of flowers in large ice cubes and put into water or sparkling water. This is for those who may want a non alcohol version. Just a thought! Love your blog dearly!

Jenna says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Can’t wait to have a girl party w/ these pretties!! Any idea where the pretty little glasses came from? Thanks!

Cori Magee says:

Beautiful photography and styling!

This is a stunning post — I’ve been obsessed with flower garnishes all summer!

Absolutely stunning and I bet they taste good, too. These are going on the “to drink” list.

heidi says:

So fancy! I would love to drink one of these with my gal pals. I featured it on my weekly roundup. http://aweekfromthursday.com/2014/08/weekender-8282014/

Thanks for sharing!

Sosyal Medya says:

Beautiful photography and styling!

Lindsey says:

Gorgeous drinks!

Excellent web site you’ve got here.. It’s difficult to find high quality writing like yours these days.

I honestly appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

Thank you, I have recently been searching for information approximately
    this topic for a while and yours is the best I’ve came upon till now. However, what concerning the conclusion? Are you positive in regards to the supply?

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all folks you really recognize what you’re speaking approximately!

Bookmarked. Kindly additionally visit my site =).
    We can have a hyperlink exchange contract between us

Nora says:

This is a stunning article – visually gorgeous, but more than that, thank you for helping spread the word on floral cocktails – I make an entire line of all natural, handcrafted floral drink mixers called Floral Elixir. Would love to collaborate! http://www.floralelixir.com

These are gorgeous! Love the colors and the flowers you chose!

Davida says:

This article will assist the internet visitors for creating new web
    site or even a weblog from start to end.