EGGS THREE WAYS!
eggs and toast is one of my morning staples. but i recently went on a two week cleanse where i wasn’t eating gluten, so i had to switch up my routine. these are a pretty and colorful breakfast option for those days when you want to keep it light…and they look cool too, right??
• red, orange + yellow bell peppers
• red onion
• maldon salt
• black pepper
• green onion
• olive oil spray
(optional: hot sauce or sriracha)
how to make them:
• pre-heat the oven to 275°F. grease a cookie sheet, slice the avocados in half and scoop on the inside of the circle to make room for the egg and place on the pan. crack an egg and carefully place inside the avocado. we propped the avocados up against each other so they wouldn’t tip over and spill the egg out the side. cook for 35-40 minutes, check on them occasionally.
• cut the red onion onion in half at the widest part and then cut each side again to make 1/4 -1/2″ thick pieces. pull out the largest outer rings. place a frying pan over medium-high heat and grease with oil. place the red onion in the pan, cook on one side for 2 minutes and then flip over. next, crack an egg in the center. some of the egg many spill out from under but don’t worry, you can peel that off later. cover with a lid and cook until desired consistency.
• for the peppers, wash and dry them – start at the bottom and move up an 1 1/2″ and cut. creating a cup with the bottom of the pepper. then cut the remaining pepper into 1/2- 3/4″ rings. clean out the seeds and any white flesh. place in a greased skillet over medium-high heat. cook on one side for 2-3 minutes and then flip over. crack an egg in the center and then cover with a lid. cook until desired consistency.
• crop green onion + parsley. serve in bowls along side salt, black pepper and hot sauce as toppings and garnish. delicious!