07.23.14

OFFICE LUNCHING

IMG_905211

lunch time can be tricky around the office. we get busy and put off talking about what we’re going to eat until 2pm and by that time we’re hungry and inevitably grumpy and chow down on whatever is easiest (and that usually means unhealthy.) we get tired of the same take-out spots, and there are only a couple of options to walk to in the area…

IMG_88702

cue, blue apron. such a good idea. they send you a box of food that it perfectly measured to the amount you need that allows you create delicious, chef-designed recipes at home or at the office. all blue apron recipes are delivered in a refrigerated box so ingredients were fresh even though we weren’t at the studio right when it was delivered. and the shipping is free, so that’s cool too.

IMG_89702
IMG_8988-550x794

we asked for meals that didn’t have meat and they sent us the most delicious fish, these roasted poblano & quinoa sopes and a pasta dish. the instructions were so straight forward, they even had pictures. but i also appreciated that the meals took some time to prepare, sometimes you want to cook in your kitchen or make a meal for your friends or family but you just don’t have the time to do all of the prep before hand (finding a recipe, grocery shopping…) i made the fish at home with my roommate and we had fun cooking together.

IMG_8898-550x392
IMG_8935-550x749
IMG_9000-550x811

meals are $9.99 per person and there is no commitment involved which is ideal for me as my schedule is constantly changing and i need the flexibility to opt out whenever. i liked that they sent recipe combination that were new and inventive (at least for me). i’m can get pretty stuck in the brown rice with black bean rut when cooking at home so it was nice to break out of that for a bit.

IMG_90962

we’re definitely going to be using them more often and, if you’re interested in trying blue apron, they’re giving two free meals on your first order to the first 250 people who visit their site, here (hey, that’s two dinners that you don’t have to plan for!).

IMG_8877-550x787

(photos by sheila gim for designlovefest. this post is sponsored by blue apron. thank you for supporting the designlovefest sponsors that allow this blog to create original content for you!)

Emily says:

Ok, that looks delicious! I’ve seen Blue Apron here and there online, and it looks like a very interesting concept. As someone who struggles with following recipes, we’ll see how it goes. xo Em

Andrea says:

I ADORE Blue Apron! I always have so much more than just 2 portions. You are right… so great for lunch!

Chy says:

Blue Apron is the best thing we ever decided to do, it definitely frees up some major time during the week and keeps us eating healthy! Glad to see you gals love it too!

Taylor says:

Such an awesome concept! I love it!

xoxo
    Taylor

Erin says:

We’ve been ordering Blue Apron for a few months now and we love it because we waste less food, it’s healthier than take out, I never have to go to a grocery store but most importantly, I feel so darn smart in the kitchen! I upped our weekly order to 4 people for when my parents were visiting and we had a restaurant quality meal at home. It was so lovely! Anyways, we’re big supporters of Blue Apron! Glad to see someone else enjoying it!

Anna says:

Looks yummy, and what a great business idea. I’d love to try it (but I’m in New Zealand).

I have to say this concept is totally new for me but would solve all of my lunch needs at school. Yes, I’m a teacher. We only have 25 minutes before the next class comes so I struggle eating healthy. Great solution. Thanks.

204 Park says:

This is such an awesome idea – such a great way to try a new recipe where you might not have all of the ingredients laying around! Those look so good, now I’m hungry and it’s only 8am, haha! XO, D

Sarah says:

Beautiful images, as always, but the misspelling of “poblano” in bold on your lead image is killing me.

Allison says:

Am I missing something? “we asked for meals that didn’t have meat and they sent us the most delicious fish..” that seems like meat to me…

Bailey says:

This would be perfect for me – I hate cooking/preparing food but love eating healthy and hate how fast food makes me feel.