BANANA ICE CREAM
i’m going to encourage you to buy an ice cream maker (we used this one!). you don’t have to, i swear…but if you do, you will not be sorry. let’s make some banana “ice cream!”
what you’ll need:
• 1/2 cup almond breeze (unsweetened or sweetened depending on your sweet tooth)
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 vanilla bean
• pinch of salt
in addition, i would recommend having the following sundae ingredients on hand to really impress your guests. chocolate syrup, chopped almonds, toasted coconut and waffle cone cookies. i skipped out on the whipped cream cause i felt like we were going for the whole non-dairy thing…but if that isn’t an issue for you, add that in, too!
for the ice cream:
now i warned you about the ice cream maker. but you will see how easy this recipe and so many others will be if you have one, and if you don’t…well i have a suggestion for you at the end, so sit tight.
• combine all of the ingredients in a blender and before you blend, slice the vanilla bean lengthwise and then run a knife down the inside of the bean to extract the seeds. add these to the other ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. transfer ingredients into said ice cream maker and voilà. it’s that easy. literally i think going to the grocery store is the hardest part of the recipe. you may want to keep the ice cream in the freezer until just before you serve. this stuff melts fast!
• if you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can slice the bananas into thin pieces and freeze on parchment lined baking sheets, preferably over night. add these and the rest of the ingredients into a blender, blend until smooth and serve immediately. this will have a bit more of a soft serve texture, but still really delicious!