05.29.14

BACKYARD DINNER PARTY

i threw a dinner party last week with some of my closets girlfriends. it was a perfect evening with some of my favorite people, delicious food, and a little too much wine.

onefinestay let us host the party in a dream home for the evening, something i’d love to own one day, it was cozy and modern with the best backyard fireplace. the house had a great lived-in vibe, we all felt right at home as soon as we arrived. comfy couches, and lots of well placed art and accents.

our chef was daniel benhaim and his food was so pretty and insanely delicious.

we hosted the dinner with a company called kitchensurfing. they have locations all over the US but they’re new to LA. basically, they’re a dream come true for someone like me who loves to have people over but isn’t so much into the cooking a meal for everyone part. you can pick a chef from their list and they come to your home and prepare the meal in your kitchen, serve it and even do the dishes!

the pink campari cocktails were bright & strong. things got a little outta hand towards the end of the night….we ended up at a random beyonce tribute concert (HA!)

we kept everything really simple and fresh. laurel and wolf set the table and glasswing floral did a gorgeous job with the arrangements, such pretty combinations of pinks and earth tones. i love the chairs too!

i love how they displayed the appetizers on spoons, the beets with edible flowers were amazing.

it was one of those special evenings that are good for the soul.

photos by brittany wood for designlovefest

• 1. Rachael  |  May 29th, 2014 at 5:33 am

The florals are gorgeous! I just love the colors – brittany wood your photography is amazing as always – wonderful job at capturing the atmosphere :) So pretty!

• 2. Madeleine | The Daily Mark  |  May 29th, 2014 at 5:48 am

Thua looks so amazing! Sounds like a fantastic night too! Beyonce tribute concert hahaha!

• 3. Katrina Lane  |  May 29th, 2014 at 5:57 am

What a classy and gorgeous party, I’m amazed! The photographs are gorgeous, lucky photographer that gets to work a flawless event like this one. I’m dreaming of attending (or hosting!) a party like this one day.

• 4. Dana Kay  |  May 29th, 2014 at 6:30 am

The backyard is absolutely gorgeous! I love all the bright colors that was integrated into the decorating.
    xo,
    Dana Kay

• 5. Taylor  |  May 29th, 2014 at 7:19 am

Gorgeous photographs! It looks like the perfect dinner party spent with friends!

xoxo
    Taylor

• 6. shawnee  |  May 29th, 2014 at 10:17 am

You make me want to move to California alllll of the time. What a beautiful dinner party! So fun. Love the kitchensurfing company too! xo

• 7. maggie  |  May 29th, 2014 at 10:20 am

I am in love with that house! It looks like you ladies had an amazing time.

• 8. Maggie  |  May 29th, 2014 at 10:34 am

Love this! Beautiful, fresh, and feminine. I love dinner parties, if it weren’t for my slim wallet, I’d throw one every weekend.

• 9. Marla  |  May 29th, 2014 at 11:39 am

Beautiful! Looks like such a special night.

• 10. Jaclyn  |  May 29th, 2014 at 11:41 am

This looks so lovely! I would love to throw a party like this over the summer, there are so many great ideas to try.

• 11. JEANNE  |  May 29th, 2014 at 12:44 pm

Amazing! I love throwing little parties like this :)

• 12. simone  |  May 29th, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Wow, what an amazing evening, lucky you!

• 13. geraldine@littlebigbell  |  May 29th, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Such a beautiful house and outdoor space! A party planned to perfection! Wish I was there! ;)

• 14. Kevin | Thou Swell  |  May 29th, 2014 at 4:33 pm

What an superb idea – to host a dinner party at a house for sale! Turned out beautifully, the table was absolutely gorgeous and it looks like the food was divine (and beautiful too)!

• 15. Terri  |  May 30th, 2014 at 6:04 am

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE everything!!!! So beautiful!

• 16. Bailey  |  May 30th, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Oh heeeey, wouldn’t mind being a friend of yours!! Looks like a great time! And UM Beyonce tribute concert? Wouldn’t have minded that either!

• 17. Anonymous  |  May 31st, 2014 at 8:37 am

so confused… was this an event simply to promote the vendors used? It seems like you didn’t do the cooking, or flowers, or decorating, or host it at your home or take the photos. This just seems so contrived.

• 18. Stefanie  |  June 1st, 2014 at 7:16 pm

Gorgeous!! I’m in love with those chairs. Any idea where they’re from?

• 19. Mary Keller at Southland Avenue  |  June 2nd, 2014 at 11:13 am

This looks so wonderful! Do you care to share the recipe for the pink Campari drink you served? Looks beautiful and perfect for summer

• 20. designlovefest  |  June 2nd, 2014 at 12:56 pm

dear anonymous,

the dinner was actually not sponsored. it was simply a pretty summer dinner to celebrate life and friendship. i wanted to call out the talented people who helped put together a beautiful evening.

hope that clears up your confusion!

– bri

• 21. Daniel benhaim  |  June 2nd, 2014 at 7:46 pm

@mary keller .. Hi.The pink Campari drink. Was actually a Negroni.

It is extremely simple to make
    For 1 drink.

1 oz gin ( dry and not too floral as to not detract from other components),
    1 oz sweet vermouth (noilly Pratt or carpano antica)
    1 oz Campari
    Grapefruit or orange peel
    Mix and pour over an ice cube sphere or large block and garnish with citrus.

If you want to make a larger amount negronis are pretty much meant to be premixed and actually meld better over a little time together so you can mix equal parts of the three 750 ml bottles to suffice about 20 people…

• 22. Hope  |  June 3rd, 2014 at 6:15 am

This is so very stylish, love the pretty colours!

• 23. usualhouse  |  June 6th, 2014 at 3:05 am

The pool on the 17th image is ablolutely amazing

• 24. Amanda  |  June 16th, 2014 at 9:56 am

So beautiful. Would you mind telling me the color name of your exterior house? I love it!!

• 25. tyrant unleashed cheat  |  July 23rd, 2014 at 8:53 pm

I think what you published was actually very reasonable.
    However, consider this, suppose you composed a catchier title?

I mean, I don’t want to tell you how to run your blog,
    however what if you added a title that makes
    people want more? I mean BACKYARD DINNER PARTY | D E S I G N L O V E F E S T is a little plain. You ought to glance at Yahoo’s front page and watch how they create post
    headlines to grab people interested. You might add a video or a related pic or two to grab people excited about
    what you’ve written. In my opinion, it could make your blog
    a little bit more interesting.

• 26. nhs market  |  September 17th, 2014 at 5:09 am

Simply desire to say your article is as surprising.

The clearness in your post is simply great and i can assume you aree an expert on this subject.
    Well with your permissio allow me too grab your feed to keep
    up to date with forthcomijng post. Thanks a million and please carry on the gratifying work.

photo 2_zps8b7e2290.jpg