04.22.14

TULUM TRAVEL GUIDE

tulum01

tulum? WOW. seriously, wow. i have been to mexico quite a few times but this time was really special. a few months ago, 3 friends and I decided to take a girls only trip. we all find so much inspiration from travel, and wanted to just take a few days to recharge and feed off of each other’s creative energy. it was one of those hilarious & memorable short trips that i probably will never forget. here’s what we were able to do in the three days we were there, in case you are planning a trip… (ps, the ruins are supposed to be amazing, we just didn’t make it due to time)

LOVE YOU JEN, JESSE & PAIGE!

tulum03 tulum04 tulum05 Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset tulum07

SEE ALL OF THE TRIP PHOTOS & DETAILS AFTER THE JUMP…

we stayed at a hotel called the beach tulum. a lot of people told us to stay at coqui coqui, but it was all booked up during those dates. (more on that spot below) the beach was actually really amazing, we loved it. it was clean, stylish, simple, relaxing, great service, and a lovely beach front hangout. we went with the deluxe rooms which were right on the sand, and had a beautiful patio for us to hang out on. we spent a lot of time just lounging on the beds on the pretty white sand overlooking the crystal clear water. i would do anything to be back in that spot right now.

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset tulum09 Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

the first night we went to a restaurant called posada margherita. (above) ginger margaritas, an awesome setting, and delicious pasta. it was the perfect place for us to get into one of those 4 hour girl convos over drinks. boys, jobs, life, love…you know the drill.

tulum13 tulum14 Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset tulum16 tulum17

the second day we decided to spend the day at coqui coqui since we didn’t get to actually stay there. it really is an unbelievable spot. they only have 8 rooms, and everything just says RELAX. we decided to get the three hour (!) massage/bath ritual. it had an aloe vera wrap, a rose water bath, and massage. i’ve never had a better spa experience. it felt like we were in some sort of secret spot. as we got our massages, rain started pouring outside and it was so peaceful.

tulum18 Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

also, the hotel has delicious ceviche you must try. sit in the lobby and just take it all in. or walk a few steps to their perfumery. the ultimate girl fest. i bought some of the massage oils to remember the day.

tulum22 tulum24 Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset tulum26 Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

that evening we had appetizers and unique cocktails at gitano. they have neon lights and a palm tree disco ball. i was into it. and then we ate at casa jaguar for dinner.  i loved the shrimp pizza and cute environment.

tulum28 Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset tulum30

my favorite lunch was at el tábano. a friend told me the poblano pepper crepes were life changing, and she was not kidding. SO good. you have to try them. all of the restaurants we went to had a pretty eclectic vibe…great for just hanging out with a few beers and tacos.

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset tulum32 tulum33 tulum34 tulum35

dinner. MUST go to hartwood. the most memorable evening from the trip. we were warned: “go early! long lines! worth it.” the restaurant opens at 6 (closed on mon & tues) and we went at 5:15pm and just had a beer in line while we waited. we got right in once it opened, but the line quickly got VERY long. every single thing we ate here was amazing. but i can recommend the most: the PORK (i’m not even a huge meat eater, but MAN was this good.) the tomato salad and the ceviche were delicious as well.

Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset tulum37 tulum38

we ordered quite a lot from the menu and nothing disappointed. we strolled home after…with a lot of wine in our systems and had a hilarious walk down the beach back to our hotel. i loved that you could just walk so many places in tulum. it feels so small and intimate where we were. (not sure about those faces above, but i think they had to do with a drinking game)

tulum40 tulum41

tulum, i love you. already scheming how i can make it back to this wonderful place! the sand was pure white and the water was crystal clear. you have to check it out for yourself!

tulum42 Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset tulum44

photos by designlovefest, jesse chamberlin, and jen gotch
more travel posts here!

Tulum looks liks absolute paradise! It seems like it really looks just like the brochures show them with blue sky, blue water, white sand, and green trees! It looks like you had so much fun; I hope that I can visit one day! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s

Catherine says:

how fantastic! you look like you had an amazing time! so happy and glowing girl!

Julie Hoang says:

It looks absolutely beautiful!

Love all the photos! Looks like it as an amazing trip!

Sally says:

This looks like the most perfect holiday ever, and so much fun! I keep seeing beautiful photographs of Tulum on instagram at the moment too, it’s pretty high on my places to visit list!

oh my gosh! this looks so incredible. i want to go!!
    lovely as always bri!!

I just came back from the Mayan Riviera (so close to Tulum) and am KICKING myself for missing these spots!

I’ve been seeing Tulum everywhere recently, so it must be amazing!! And after reading this post, I’m even more convinced that I should add this to my travel list. Looks so incredible!

cheyenne says:

wow, it looks amazing!
    xo, cheyenne

Rachael says:

Gorgeous! Looks like ya’ll had so much fun – love girl time :)

these photos are gorgeous! love all of the vibrant colors. definitely adding tulum to my must-travel list. xx

This is amazing! Jason and I are going to Tulum in July and now I’m even more excited for our trip.

arin says:

omg amazing amazing photos! i am beyond jealous! you girls look like you’re having the best time ever, in style too! love those shoes! HeartofChic.com

Amanda says:

Oh goodness, girl. You make me want to jump on a jet plane right now. These pictures are incredible. So awesome you could get some quality girl time and just relax. Your travels lately are making me have wander lust. I need to get to a beach! :) Keep smiling and when you’re feeling stressed remember those incredible beach moments!

Jen L. says:

What’s your thought on traveling to Tulum with kids? I’d love to see what my 9-year old would think of such a tropical, chill location.

Thoughts? If you can, please email me (as when I subscribe to the comments, I get all of them! Oh, my!).

Jen

Taylor says:

Absolutely stunning photos! Tulum sounds quite incredible and you having me swooning over those beautiful beaches! (Also, could totally go for a 3 hour spa service)

xoxo
    Taylor

So, this is officially going in my top ten of places I still need to visit. What a perfectly relaxing time! I’m totally going to be daydreaming about that spa tub and the ceviche…

ivette says:

pretty pics!..I’ve been living in tulum for the past couple of years..moving here, leaving everything else…my past life behind..is the best thing I have ever done…couldn’t be happier living in this paradise. Glad you enjoyed your stay, visit us soon again!

TheLoverList says:

Girls trip! Does life get any better? I’m planning a trip to Tulum later in the year so loved looking at your pics babe xx

Abbey says:

All of these photos are so beautiful. Those seashells and coral are insane! Love the colors, and I am absolutely adding this spot to our travel list. Thanks for sharing and being inspiring as always!

laura says:

awesome!

www.q8hd.net says:

I do not know if it’s just me or іf everybody
    еlse experiencing ρroblems ԝith уοur website.
    Ӏt ѕeems like somme ߋf tҺе written text ߋn уοur posts
    аге runniong off
    tҺе screen. Can somebody еlse рlease provide feedback ɑոd leet
    mе ҡnow if tҺis iss happening tߋ tҺеm too?

Тɦіs might Ƅе a issue with
    my browser because I’ve ɦad tɦis happen ρreviously.
    Cheers

Ѕtop Ƅy my weblog … cleaning tips; http://www.q8hd.net,

Well if this isn’t the ultimate girls’ trip to end all girls’ trips!! Tulum looks absolutely dreamy. Thanks for sharing, Bri!

Christa says:

Gorgeous breakdown, I definitely need a girls trip there someday as well! So amazing!

xo // Christa

Casey says:

Bri I love love LOVE your travel posts. Great recs, beautiful pics, and lovely personal reflections. Keep ’em coming!

Lindsay says:

OMG – Awesome pictures! I LOOOVE Mexico (going in a couple weeks actually :) but Ive never been to the gulf side so this is good incentive to go! Did you and your friends buy the dresses down there – I love them! <3

Thanks for posting this! I’ve been thinking about heading there for my next adventure and I was hoping you’d share some tips. Looks like a blast!

Tessa says:

Oh what beauty! I followed all of you on instagram while you were in paradise and I loved it! Your travel posts are my favorite!

Bethany says:

So glad I stumbled upon this – beautiful photos and a cool lookin’ group of gals.

I’m voyaging out to Tulum (for my 2nd time) next weekend and can’t wait to bask in its glorious-ness once again.

Hilary says:

This trip looked phenomenal! And what a beautiful part of the world. Every day looked like perfect weather. I need an escape to something like this immediately! I am craving the beach!

@shopwhiteplum

Isabel says:

I was obsessing over the tulum hashtag you guys created on instagram. May I ask where you got that beautiful dress that says “El Salvador”? I’m Salvadoran myself and would love to know the story behind that piece of my country!

Jessica D. says:

You have inspired me to travel! Now to convince my boyfriend.

Julia says:

Ah, I want to go to there! Another style question here: may I ask where that blue and white dress (with the button detail in the back) is from? I know I’ve seen it before. Thanks!

Itsjustme says:

Yes, Tulum stole my mind, body & soul 7 years ago. It is a must at least twice a year to rejuvenate. Beautiful capture of the “hot” spots of Tulum. Love your outfit selections.

You’ve inspired me to book a few days away with my girls. Tulum looks like heaven!

Hilary says:

Beautiful photos of Tulum. We made it there last year on a 3 day trip to Cancun. I fell in love with the crystal clear waters! Seriously one of the best beaches I have ever had the pleasure to visit. I’m glad you enjoyed your trip!

Ashley says:

My husband and I just started out on an 8 month South East Asia trip so I also LOVED looking at your Thailand pics. Travel is so good for the soul.

megan says:

Tulum has been everywhere lately!
    You’re photos definitely inspired me to book a trip.
    I’ll be going in about 2 weeks for 6 days… ALL BY MYSELF! Scary but exciting as well.
    Thanks for the post, I will be visiting all the places you listed :)

Amazing photos! Great job bringing Tulum to life! One of my favorite places in the world, heading back down next week in fact!

Pingback: そこ

Hey, just wondering, did you rent a car, take shuttles, or were you just able to walk everywhere? Trying to plan my own trip…Thanks!

The only confusion will come from a dead-heat, when two or more animals are tied on the finish line.
    In this case, the elixir was a “bundle” of badly written mortgages, meaning mortgages that shouldn’t happen to
    be granted, along with the bet was that those mortgages couldn’t survive paid.

Most individuals don’t realize how easy it could be to get
    swept up with putting money documented on games and walking away with greatness.
    I’m not only a betting man but I will perform something where statistics are on my own side.

There are many factors that has to be considered but for that you just have to find out the basketball
    primarily and carry out some study for the winning performances for the last season. I wouldn’t doubt it when a lot of tourism for the Oregon Coast
    may be suffering the previous few years due to America’s economic downturn and plight over gas
    prices.

It’s genuinely very complex in this full of activity life to listen news on TV, therefore I
    just use world wide web for that reason, and get the latest information.

Alessandra says:

My husband and I are going there in a few weeks. Would you suggest renting a car or can you walk everywhere?

Wonderful site you have here but I was curious about if you knew of any discussion boards that cover the same topics discussed
    in this article? I’d really like to be a part of community where I can get comments from other experienced people that share the same interest.
    If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Appreciate it!

domain says:

Amazing! Its in fact remarkable piece of writing, I have got much
    clear idea regarding from this piece of writing.

Stewart says:

I don’t even understand how I finished up here, however I assumed this submit was good.

I do not recognise who you might be however certainly you
    are going to a well-known blogger in the event you aren’t already.
    Cheers!

Viaggio says:

It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d without a
    doubt donate to this fantastic blog! I guess for now i’ll settle for
    book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.

I look forward to fresh updates and will talk about this site with
    my Facebook group. Chat soon!

Marion says:

Hi!! I loved this article you made! I actually live in Tulum and I have now 6 years here and I am about to have a blog on it as I love it so much!! I just have launched a small agency which specify in house rentals on the beach and can also help you plan your travel in the area. So don’t hesitate to contact me for anything you need! I will be happy to help.

Though they may seem like a bunch of words put
    together, but their length does not influence their effect.
    Just make sure it’s an occasional treat and don’t go overboard, and you’ll be fine.
    They took me to a beautiful open-air courtyard restaurant with terracotta tiles, whitwashed walls and plants everywhere.

First off I want to say fantastic blog! I had a quick
    question in which I’d like to ask if you don’t mind.
    I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your thoughts
    prior to writing. I’ve had a difficult time clearing my
    mind in getting my thoughts out there. I truly do enjoy writing however it just
    seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes tend to be lost just trying to figure
    out how to begin. Any suggestions or hints? Thanks!

fer says:

I really like your pictures and the great experience you lived in Tulum, I think that all the great people that come to Tulum change on the good way and are more responsible with the mother nature, and this is all about, live, enjoy, have fun. learn something diferent and share just like you did.
    If someone want to try the Tulum experience i recommend you http://www.tulumcard.com, hope you like it and continue being your self.
    thank you fore share, by the way sorry about my english.

Malin says:

Great guide!! I’m going to Tulum in a week and I’m super excited. Check out traveling guides on my site for Ibiza, Mykonos etc. btw! xx

Malin says:

Oh! I though the url would show. It’s http://www.theblondeyogi.com :)

Anonymous says:

Absolutely amazing! I have yet left the US, but oh the places I will go when I graduate college. I am totally adding this to my list. All you girls are so adorable too!

Emily says:

hello! thanks for a beautiful travel guide! I am planning a trip to the Caribbean and am seriously considering Tulum (thanks to this post), do you have any recommendations as far as getting to Tulum? IE- is flying into Cancun and driving to Tulum the best option? Thanks :)

Kristi says:

Love this travel guide!

You’ve sparked my interest to go to Tulum for sure.

Amanda says:

Hey! Going to Tulum! You made me do it. I’m so excited! You mentioned everything being walk-able? (We are going to Tulum for at least a day – wish I discovered your post before booking. How far is Posada Margherita from Coqui Coqui? And Hartwood! Are the three within walking distance? And we want to go to the ruins – so can we walk to the restaurants/shops from there?? Thanks! Can’t seem to grasp the distance of things in Tulum. Some say walk, some say taxi, some say rent a car 😮

Since the popularity of saltwater fly fishing has increased
    over the past years, bonefish anglers from around the
    world are captivated by the Republic of Kiribati.
    In hermetically sealed compressor, in one
    side of the enclosed casing the various parts of the compressor like cylinder, piston, connecting rod and the crankshaft are
    located. 2) The whole condenser unit of the refrigeration or the air conditioning unit comprising of the condenser and the compressor can be
    moved easily from one place to the other.

Lisa K. says:

Is there a way to make a reservation for massages at coqui coqui?

Debbie says:

What can I say? COOLEST HOLIDAY EVER!

Carmen Evans says:

My Husband and I have booked a trip to Tulum based on your post. I want to know if I should take my wedding ring. I know at resorts your jewelry is always safe, but is it entirely safe to take your jewelry or even a designer handbag?

Jenna says:

I just got back from a trip to Tulum and have your travel guide to thank for such a wonderful trip! My boyfriend and I stayed at The Beach Tulum after seeing your photos, and absolutely loved it. Loved Posada Margherita as well! I actually just posted a Tulum Travel Guide on my blog as well. Oh, what I would do to be back!

Great post.Thank for sharing the information.
    I’m going to travel to this palces,so it’s very helpful to me.

Coman says:

When is the best time to go in tulum ?
    I am planning to go in December it’s ok?

Vanessa says:

Cutest blog ever! My three girlfriends and I are planning a trip to Tulum and we really want to stay at The Beach. Just wondering: Did the four of you stay in one room or were you obligated to get two rooms?

Thanks for your help!
    V

Loved your guide. Very helpful when I was planning my vacation. Here’s a post I wrote, too. http://www.whitneyanderick.com/why-you-should-go-to-tulum/

Frederique says:

Thanks for the great info on Cozumel, Mexico. My friends and I have booked our cabins for a 5-day cruise Oct 31-Nov 5, 2016. We sail from Tampa, FL > Key West > Cozumel, Mexico > Tampa, FL. I AM SO EXCITED. We got our tickets here: http://www.melissaetheridgecruise.com. I can picture us with our green coconut drinks like you guys. PARTY TIME!!!

Shruthi says:

This is beautiful! Such a paradise :)

Where did you buy those shoes?

Shruthi

zuleika says:

I’m going for Easter and cannot wait! Especially after seeing these pics :) Thanks for all the tips!