04.30.14

THROW A SLIDERS PARTY!

some of my favorite memories have been outside with close friends, sunshine, cold drinks and a BBQ. now that it’s getting warmer outside, how about throwing a sliders party at the park or on your porch? leslie is giving you all sorts of combinations for your mini burgers today!

Sliders with Various Toppings & Sauces
Yields: 18 patties

Ingredients:
2 lbs. hamburger meat
1 Tablespoons salt
1 Tablespoons pepper

How to make patties:

• In a large bowl, mix hamburger meat with salt & pepper.  Use ¼ cup to measure and form patties.
• Over medium high heat on an inside or outside grill, cook patties until desired doneness.

FOUR TOPPINGS AND SAUCE RECIPES…

1. Sweet and Spicy Mayo with Sprouts & Red Onion Ingredients:
• ¾ cup mayo
• ¼ cup ketchup
• ¼ cup spicy brown mustard
• ¼ cup pickles, diced
• splash of pickle juice
• 8 tsp. Sriracha sauce

Ingredients for Topping:

• 1 container sprouts
• 1 red onion, sliced thick

How to make:

Combine all sauce ingredients into a bowl and stir. Keep refrigerated. Assemble slider with a smear of sauce on both sides of the bun and add toppings.

CLICK THROUGH FOR ALL THE SAUCE RECIPES…

2. Sriracha Ketchup with Jerk Pineapple, Carrots & Red Cabbage Ingredients:

• ½ cup ketchup
• 5 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
• 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce

Ingredients for Topping:

• ½ of a fresh pineapple, large slice
• 1 Tablespoon chili powder
• 1 Tablespoon paprika
• 1 small bag shredded carrots
• 1 small bag shredded red cabbage
• ½ cup Italian Dressing

How to make:

Combine all sauce ingredients into a bowl and stir. Keep refrigerated. Sprinkle a light dusting of chili powder and paprika over sliced pineapple. Over medium-high heat on a grill, cook 3-4 minutes. In a bowl, toss together the carrots, red cabbage, and Italian dressing. Assemble slider with a smear of sauce on both sides of the bun and add toppings.

line

3. Southwest Ranch with Bacon & Grilled Peppers Ingredients:

• ¾ cup southwest ranch

Ingredients for Topping:

• 5 slices of bacon
• 5 small sweet peppers, cut into thick strips

How to make:

Cook bacon according to package directions. Over medium-high heat on a grill, cook peppers 3-4 minutes. Assemble slider with a smear of sauce on both sides of the bun and add toppings.

line

4. Steak Sauce with Caramelized Onions & BBQ Chips Ingredients:

• ¾ cup steak sauce

Ingredients for Topping:

• 1 red onion, thinly sliced
• 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
• 1 cup BBQ chips, large crumbles

How to make:

Over medium-high heat on a grill, cook red onion with brown sugar 3-4 minutes. Assemble slider with a smear of sauce on both sides of the bun and add toppings.

(recipes + photos by leslie grow for designlovefest– want more food posts? go here!)

• 1. Taylor  |  April 30th, 2014 at 5:19 am

I love this!!! They look soooo yummy! I can’t wait to try this party plan out this summer.

xoxo
    Taylor

• 2. Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's  |  April 30th, 2014 at 7:36 am

Yummm, the sauces seem really delicious! I love sliders, because then there’s enough space in my stomach to have a bit of everything :) -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s

• 3. Jen O.  |  April 30th, 2014 at 7:45 am

What a great idea! I’m always looking for creative new ways to entertain.

• 4. allison b-t  |  April 30th, 2014 at 8:15 am

i throw a burger-themed party every summer but have yet to do sliders. thanks for this year’s inspo!! <3

• 5. Ana  |  April 30th, 2014 at 9:30 am

Ohhhh my gosh.. I love them.

• 6. Colleen  |  April 30th, 2014 at 9:41 am

This is such a cute idea!

• 7. maggie  |  April 30th, 2014 at 9:56 am

I just audibly moaned at my desk as I looked at these. Dear God. Sliders. Yes.

• 8. Monica @ Mocha and Moccasins  |  April 30th, 2014 at 10:09 am

The sweet and spicy mayo sounds amazing! I can only imagine how delicious it would taste with some bacon and avocado inside of a burger!

• 9. Anouk  |  April 30th, 2014 at 11:31 am

Oh my Gosh so yummy ! Your post and your pictures are gorgeous Leslie !

• 10. Lyndsay // Coco Cake Land  |  April 30th, 2014 at 12:44 pm

oh, deep hunger pains here… ahhh it looks so delicous. love the styling as always too… the sauces sound insanely good!! ok i’m actually salivating.

• 11. Maggie  |  April 30th, 2014 at 4:11 pm

Those pictures are amazing, I never knew hamburgers could look so beautiful!

Maggie

• 12. online fashion shop  |  May 1st, 2014 at 12:03 pm

What’s up to all, how is the whole thing, I think every
    one is getting more from this site, and your views are nice in support of new visitors.

• 13. Laura (Blogging Over Thyme)  |  May 3rd, 2014 at 6:13 am

This is such a fun idea! I’d love to do this over the summer! And the photos are gorgeous.

• 14. ATasteOfMadness  |  May 5th, 2014 at 6:41 pm

I need these in my life! My stomach is rumbling :)

• 15. Rebecca  |  May 26th, 2014 at 4:48 pm

This is SUCH a great idea! I am going to use this for my house warming drinks!

• 16. taylor  |  July 29th, 2014 at 10:14 am

i love how everyone can make their own! such a great idea for an intimate get together. so fun and summery!
    ciao, xo
    taylor

• 17. kathreen  |  September 30th, 2014 at 11:26 pm

I have looked all over for perfect wording for this ceremony, this is was AWESOME! AMAZING! Thank you.

photo X9A3191-edit_zps661cdbcb.jpg