04.21.14

MAKE IT / 55

my obsession with flowers and plants is no secret so when the girls of poppies and posies told me they were going to teach us how to create a hanging chandelier with eucalyptus and flowers, i was game. they have recently expanded their team to include an installation artists and will begin offering their clients more large scale installations like the one below.

i’m excited that they wanted to share a DIY on how you can make a hanging chandelier. wouldn’t this be amazing for an outdoor brunch or reception? it has such a magical quality.

what you’ ll need:

• Wire wreath frame
• Spool wire
• Straight wire (gauge 28 recommended )
• Wire clippers
• Floral clippers
• Water picks
• Silver dollar eucalyptus
• Hellebores
• Clematis

how to make it:

• Once you’ve decided how small or large you’d like your floral chandeliers to be you can attach your straight wire to three sides and attach the 3 pieces at the top to easily hang the chandelier once it is completed.

• If you’d like to have more than one tier in your chandelier attach a wire wreath frame to another with you straight wire.

• We chose to use silver dollar eucalyptus as our base because it is a hardy green that drapes nicely.

• Use your spool wire to attach small pieces of eucalyptus to the wire wreath frame until your designer look is accomplished.

• If you’d like to add flowers to your floral chandeliers you can purchase water picks to allow your flowers to continue to drink. Just weave your flowers in through the eucalyptus by sticking them into the wired eucalyptus. You can also use your spool wire again to attach the flowers.

what do you think? are you going to bookmark this one for your next event?

project by: Poppies & Posies
furniture byPatina Rentals
photography by: Trent Bailey Photography

• 1. Kevin | Thou Swell  |  April 21st, 2014 at 7:20 am

These chandeliers are beautiful, and usually I think floral chandeliers are a bit impractical but eucalyptus is practically immoral so I suppose these would last pretty long! Also, that blue velvet sofa is just fantastic. Happy Monday!

• 2. maggie  |  April 21st, 2014 at 9:01 am

Oh my gosh that is so lovely. I love eucalyptus – it is such an uplifting scent! Forget events, I am going to do this for myself when I want my home to feel extra glamorous.

• 3. Cuero&Mør  |  April 21st, 2014 at 9:07 am

Beautiful and charming!! Have to try this in our next party, people will love it!! :)

Today we have in our blog a super easy DIY for plants made with macramé!! Looks fantastic in our studio!!

• 4. Lauren  |  April 21st, 2014 at 9:58 am

Gah! This is just so lovely! Eucalyptus has such a heavenly scent. I can only imagine how wonderful this made your home smell.

• 5. einstein quotes  |  April 21st, 2014 at 9:21 pm

Have you ever considered about including a
    little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is valuable and all.

But just imagine if you added some great graphics or videos to give your posts more,
    “pop”! Your content is excellent but with images and clips, this
    site could certainly be one of the greatest in its field.

Excellent blog!

• 6. Natala  |  April 22nd, 2014 at 3:08 am

This is beautiful! The eucalyptus leaves remind me of my hometown – Canberra in the land down under :) I’m in love! x

• 7. Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's  |  April 22nd, 2014 at 4:47 am

This floral chandelier is unreal! Magical! I wouldn’t even be able to tell that it was a chandelier if not for the title of this post. Love it! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s

• 8. Adrienne  |  April 23rd, 2014 at 2:31 pm

I love those! They are really such a great idea for making your home greener for the holidays.

• 9. lina  |  April 24th, 2014 at 6:04 pm

Oh my goodness this is beautiful! how long does that project take to complete?

• 10. Bailey  |  May 9th, 2014 at 1:37 pm

What a gorgeous display! This would be a perfect “wowza” factor decoration to have at a wedding.

• 11. Alicia  |  June 21st, 2014 at 4:05 pm

That looks fab! Can you do the same but using olive branches?

• 12. christy  |  September 16th, 2014 at 1:36 pm