MAKE IT / 55
my obsession with flowers and plants is no secret so when the girls of poppies and posies told me they were going to teach us how to create a hanging chandelier with eucalyptus and flowers, i was game. they have recently expanded their team to include an installation artists and will begin offering their clients more large scale installations like the one below.
i’m excited that they wanted to share a DIY on how you can make a hanging chandelier. wouldn’t this be amazing for an outdoor brunch or reception? it has such a magical quality.
what you’ ll need:
• Wire wreath frame
• Spool wire
• Straight wire (gauge 28 recommended )
• Wire clippers
• Floral clippers
• Water picks
• Silver dollar eucalyptus
how to make it:
• Once you’ve decided how small or large you’d like your floral chandeliers to be you can attach your straight wire to three sides and attach the 3 pieces at the top to easily hang the chandelier once it is completed.
• If you’d like to have more than one tier in your chandelier attach a wire wreath frame to another with you straight wire.
• We chose to use silver dollar eucalyptus as our base because it is a hardy green that drapes nicely.
• Use your spool wire to attach small pieces of eucalyptus to the wire wreath frame until your designer look is accomplished.
• If you’d like to add flowers to your floral chandeliers you can purchase water picks to allow your flowers to continue to drink. Just weave your flowers in through the eucalyptus by sticking them into the wired eucalyptus. You can also use your spool wire again to attach the flowers.
what do you think? are you going to bookmark this one for your next event?