04.01.14

MAKE IT / 53

DIYVase015

make some of these pretty wooden vases for your plants or flowers. i love the look of these!

DIYVase014
DIYVase002

what you’ ll need:

• 40 craft sticks
• 4 square dowels (3/16×3/16”), each 6 ½” long
• acrylic paint: white and teal
• water for diluting paint
• sharp scissors or jigsaw
• blue tape if using jigsaw
• sponge brush
• sandpaper
• rectangular glass vase (6”long x 4”wide x 6”high) available at JoAnn • fabrics
• measuring stick

DIYVase005
DIYVase007

how to make them:

• Cut craft sticks into these lengths: 18: 3” long, 20: 4 ¾” long, 2: 2 ¼” long

• If you’re using the jigsaw to cut the sticks, you can bundle them in stacks of 9 or 10, mark the length with blue tape, and cut through the whole stack at once.  If you’re using scissors, measure, mark and cut each stick individually.

• Line up two of the 6 ½” wood dowels so that they are about 2 ¾” apart and attach nine of the 3” sticks.  Glue the top and bottom sticks first to keep dowels aligned.

• Repeat with second pair of dowels and group of nine 3” sticks so that you have two sides.

• Connect the two sides with nine 4 ¾” sticks.  Again, glue the top and bottom sticks first to hold structure in place.  Repeat on opposite side.

DIYVase008
DIYVase010

• On the top of the vase, glue two 4 ¾” sticks on two sides and then glue the two 2 ¼” sticks underneath them by reaching in through bottom of structure.

• Sand corners by hand or with a hand sander to even out the rough edges.

• Paint a gradient from white to teal by adding increasing amounts of teal to the white.  Top of vase is 100% white and bottom is 100% teal.  Dilute the paint slightly with water so that it is more transparent and the wood grain remains visible.

DIYVase011
DIYVase013

• Slide vase over the glass vessel and fill with water and foliage.

DIYVase017
DIYVase016

project by: bramble workshop for designlovefest
photos by: brittany wood
more DIY projects here

Mama Leone says:

Awesome idea! Love the cooolors! Thanks for sharing l def will do that!

Cuero&Mør says:

Sweet!! Love the color you chose and how easy it is!! Thanks for sharing 🙂

We also have a diy project for this week very special, an easy way to renovate your living room…come and check it out!!

This is super cute. What a fun project! Thanks for sharing.

I love this! It reminds me of the popsicle stick jewelry boxes I made a kid but all grown up and way more chic.

maggie says:

Oh my God, I LOVE THIS. Doing it this weekend, for sure!

Kelly Brito says:

This is absolutely adorable! Can’t wait to try this. I’ll have to hold myself to make no more than 2-3 of these. =D

Love everything about this project… ombre, indoor plant, diy vase/pot – you are totally speaking my language – thanks for sharing this fab idea :)!!. Tina

Taylor says:

I love this craft! so fun!

xoxo
    Taylor

WOOOW! Awesome! Love this idea and ombre colors! Super pretty 🙂

Wendy says:

Stop it! These are amazing! I love how you gave new life to such ordinary objects — so inspiring. Thank you!

Iquo says:

These are gorgeous! So bright and fun! I love em!

Iquo

sarah says:

cute and easy – I’ll be trying this.

Kait says:

These are so pretty and simple!! Def going to be making a few for myself and as gifts.

It’s the best time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy.
    I have read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or tips.
    Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article.
    I desire to read more things about it!

Montse says:

Muy bonito, un jarrón muy original y poco visto. Un diez!

Mae says:

Fіnd time to be on your own, even if ʝust
    foг the odd half hour. Definitive repair methods fоr basement waterproofing vary,
    ɑnd will аlways depend on yօur unique situation, leading aat times tо not оne method Ƅeing used
    but νarious, іn οrder tо ѕuccessfully repair
    ʏοur damaged basement. ΤҺіs іs
    a dependable, fixed location that ԝе can return tօ ɑll
    week to hlp remind us оf ߋur schedules.

Hi there would you mind letting me know which web host you’re using? I’ve loaded your blog in 3 completely different browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most. Can you recommend a good web hosting provider at a fair price? Thank you, I appreciate it!