04.18.14

ASHKAHN’S COOL CARDS

you don’t often think of a dude as a greeting card designer and that’s exactly why we think ashkahn is so cool. he designs all of his own cards and each one is letter pressed with ink and foils on french cotton paper by a master printer in LA. he works downstairs in our studio building and we’ve loved getting to know him!

his goal is to make sure none of his cards ever see a trash can. (a very possible goal, i think) his graphics are clever, witty and make you smile. i know i would DEFINITELY smile if i received one of these on my doorstep, wouldn’t you?

a little Q&A with ashkahn:

what’s your favorite card you’ve ever made?
“my favorite card i ever made is TO ME YOU ARE A WORK OF ART” (below)

what’s your process for coming up with your phrases?
“i sit down and stare at a fluorescent colored wall for 6 hours before picking up a pencil and notepad.”

if you weren’t making greeting cards what would you be doing?
“i’d be a bum drinking at a tiki bar on a far away beach where names don’t exist.”

shop ALL of ashkahn’s cards here!

miss

photos by: sheila gim for designlovefest

These are absolutely adorable! Next time I’m in a rut, I may try staring at a fluorescent wall. 🙂
    xx Lexi, Glitter, Inc.

Rachael says:

This interview made me smile – Love his wit and fantastic photos sheila!! Love how you used fluorescent backgrounds and angles. Pure Talent!

I know this web site gives quality based content and additional
    information, is there any other web page which presents these kinds of things in quality?

Check out my blog … Air compressor

shayna says:

Great Cards, thanks for sharing! Just an FYI, Letterpress is one word. Letterpress is not a verb (it is an adjective) The correct phrasing would be “letterpress printed” – these are common mistakes, but as a letterpress printer myself I like to make sure the language is used correctly.

Dana Kay says:

I love the today is your day card because when my boyfriend and i cant agree on what we want to do he always says “today is your day!” so i have to pick something.
    Thanks for sharing.
    xo,
    Dana Kay

Jessica says:

Love his cards; I’ve been a fan for a while! Thanks for sharing!

Jen Wong says:

How funny! I bought the “Today is your day” card at the Unique Space grand opening party and have it on my wall as a piece of art!! I love it and it always reminds me to live it up each day.

Cuero&Mør says:

Love it!! I never heard about them but definitely we´re buying a few of them, the message are awesome!! 🙂

Are you craving sweet?? Today we have a super healthy and quick recipe in our blog!!

Taylor says:

I’m a sucker for a good card and these are gorgeous!

xoxo
    Taylor

Such beautiful stationary!

Such simple cards, but they are so fun and witty! Love it 🙂

marie t. says:

I love the one with the man and his hat!! Thank you for sharing!!

maggie says:

I love the please forgive me one, it seems very real.

Anna says:

These are awesome!

Allie Mackin says:

Ah so wonderful to see people follow and realize their dreams. And it is not just the designs that are good but the ideas too!

Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

Madeleine says:

Super adorable and full of positive vibes! Love them!

Tabitha says:

Wow! These are fantastic! I love buying cards that double as art and they often end up on my walls!

OMG, this cards are just super great!

Lucy says:

I LOVE these cards! They are so up my street and adorable! 🙂

Mo Ray says:

Omd! I only just discovered your blog (I have no idea how I missed it but I am following no so it’s all good lol) and I love it already! Though the cards speak for themselves I feel I still need to say that they are amazing. I definitely wouldn’t mind receiving or sending one or all of his cards 🙂

Mo x

Donnell says:

Hi there to every , as I am genuinely eager of reading this blog’s
    post to be updated daily. It consists of good data.