03.04.14

STYLE 113 / FREE PEOPLE

Q51A5572-1
BRI_FP-1

i have always loved free people’s clothing for its laid back bohemian appeal. the editorial spreads in their catalogs make me want to transport myself to a bungalow in the woods and wear free flowing dresses with bare-feet. we took an over-night trip to Topanga Canyon where heather captured some of my favorite looks from their current collection. it was the perfect location for the shoot: colorful houses, tree forts and all sorts of quirky details.

Q51A5461-1
Q51A5465-1

the looks we’re sharing today involve the same crochet dress in two colors. this dress is part of my ideal summer wardrobe, loose and easy. i took the white version with me on my recent trip to thailand and it was the perfect post-beach dress to throw on over my bathing suit. the first look we styled with an open cardigan sweater (that was so cozy it felt like a blanket!).

Q51A5519-1 copy
Q51A5556-1
Q51A5498-1

shop this look: free people zig-zag stripped sweater with fringe, original is sold out, similar option available here. worn over free people slip dress in white with charm necklacemoccasins by vans.

Q51A5606-1

the versatility of this dress is also great, i am really into purchasing pieces that can be worn multiple ways. party dresses are fun but sometimes you just need to invest in pieces that are functional. for the second look, we layered the dress with an oversize long-sleeved tee. i’m normally hesitant about wearing too many shapeless items but somehow these pieces offered enough structure to make it work with all of the layering.

Q51A5702-1 copy
Q51A5791-1

shop this look: crochet slip dress in orange paired with oversized long sleeved tee, similar option by free people found here. moccasins by vans.

Q51A5757-1
Q51A5820-1 copy
Q51A5691-1
Q51A5832-1

i’ll be sharing four more looks in two style posts over the coming week so stay tuned!

Q51A5486-1 copy

photos by: heather gildroy
hair by: alicyn blackman
shop the look at free people

more style posts: right here

• 1. Ocean Jewel  |  March 4th, 2014 at 6:04 am

Beautiful images, Love the clothes, and I love the light shining.

• 2. novella @ 9lla.it  |  March 4th, 2014 at 6:27 am

Love these pictures!
    They make me dream :)
    xx
    Novella

A fashion & DIY blog…

• 3. Tina  |  March 4th, 2014 at 6:36 am

Ahhh I am obsessed with Free People dresses!!! So gorgeous

• 4. kelsey  |  March 4th, 2014 at 7:05 am

these photos are insanely gorgeous!

• 5. Jade Rogers  |  March 4th, 2014 at 8:03 am

You seem so ‘at home’ here. Bungalows and free flowing dresses suit you!

• 6. Blake Reynolds  |  March 4th, 2014 at 10:12 am

Love these Bri! My favorite brand + my favorite blogger. Doesn’t get better than that! Excited to see future collaborations!

• 7. Liz  |  March 4th, 2014 at 10:13 am

Such dreamy photos and looks. My favorite photo and styling is the coral outfit where you’re resting your hand on the railing. Catalogue shots, for sure! I’m excited to see the next looks!

Liz

• 8. chanel  |  March 4th, 2014 at 11:05 am

love this.

• 9. Catherine  |  March 4th, 2014 at 11:35 am

oh so pretty! so now you are one of their girls in the cabin in the woods! that must’ve been so fun to work on. i love the pink coloured out fit you have on, so relaxed and cosy looking

• 10. Hannah  |  March 4th, 2014 at 2:25 pm

Yeesh, I need to be here now. The dreamiest place I ever did see, and I love the second look with the long sleeves and poppy red dress. Beaut!

• 11. Maddy  |  March 4th, 2014 at 2:25 pm

Love love love the lighting in these pictures. And, of course, the clothes!

• 12. Melissa  |  March 4th, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Beautiful Bri! Wondering, what is your height? Would be helpful to visualize where that dress would hit on the leg. Thanks for sharing!

• 13. Jackie Lamas  |  March 4th, 2014 at 5:43 pm

I love this photoshoot!! i follow you on instagram and couldn’t wait until the photos were out! what an amazing place!

• 14. Sosyal Medya  |  March 4th, 2014 at 6:04 pm

These photos are insane!

• 15. Mia Arp  |  March 6th, 2014 at 1:30 am

I love their clothes. So amazing and FREE! It totally points at my style ;-)

/ Mia

• 16. Sarah LoCascio  |  March 10th, 2014 at 5:30 pm

Gorgeous! Free People is my all time favorite clothing company and you wear it beautifully. I absolutely love the white crochet dress…looks totally versatile, just the way that you described. Fun Fun!!

photo 2_zps8b7e2290.jpg