03.13.14

STUDIO WALLS

my studio is coming together slowly but surely. i wanted to take my time with the decorating process, searching for pieces i really loved and that felt like me. i knew that i would be spending a significant amount of time in the space and wanted it to be inspiring, functional and relaxing at the same time. i am keeping the “sitting area” really simple because we often move around the furniture for shoots, but i did think a piece of art over the couch would be nice.

shop items seen above: pink couch by cb2, polkadot rug from ikea, white pendant lights from barn light electric, wooden side table from lulu and georgia, black and white stool from finn style, fuzzy pillows from west elm, triangle pillow from caroline hurley.

i found a couple of pieces of art from artfully walls to use around the office (especially love the painted pebbles above by garima dhawan).

the one above is by eva magill-oliver. love those natural frames too!

i debated between doing a single piece or a gallery wall above the couch (i really like both!!) but ultimately, i felt like the gallery wall would be harder to remove if we needed that wall for a shoot. sometimes functionality wins, right? i’m really happy with the britt turner piece i chose. her work has been a favorite of mine for a while. artfully walls has a cool feature on their site where you can try the art on your actual wall which helps in making these decisions for your home.

which is your preference over the couch? single piece or gallery wall?

shop this gallery wall: hora, woman, round and round, and navy geo.

(photos by sheila gimpost sponsored by artfully walls, all opinions are my own)

Viveca says:

Your space is beautiful! Love the colors, the pink couch is especially cute. I think the single piece would look best, since you’ve chosen a wonderful piece of art!

Vicky says:

I think the same of Viveca! the single piece in this wall looks amazing! the palette colour is lovely!

it’s definitely coming together bri! the bright openness of it is very inspiring, i wish i had that.

You have such a unique space + really pretty. Loving how everything just falls into place creatively. And the color palette rock.
    Ps.: The single piece rocks.

Kayleigh says:

I vote for the single piece! <3

Audrey says:

Gallery wall. Def.

Anonymous says:

I like the single piece!

By any chance, does anyone know where the wood frames are from?

Thanks!

Becca says:

Single piece for sure! One because it’s beautiful, two because I’m finding gallery walls are getting more and more overdone. This is perfect!

Christa says:

I love this piece and I prefer it on it’s own. I usually love gallery walls, but I’ve been enjoying the simplicity of the single piece recently.

xo
    Christa

jane says:

Where did you get that chair? I’ve seen it in lots of your posts. I looove it and want it for my home office!

Carly Martin says:

If you decide to go with the gallery wall I’d love to send you a few colorful prints! XO Carly http://carlymartinart.bigcartel.com/

Emma says:

I LOVE that pink couch. I think pink cam really make a room look so chic, especially when paured with whites and other neutrals like you did here. And the artwork is perfect! I’ve never heard of Artfully walls until today, and you’re the second person to write about them in a post! I think it’s a sign!

Emma
    emmabauso.com

Taylor says:

I love both options! The gallery wall makes it seem more open, but with just one piece I think it makes that awesome pink couch stand out more.

xoxo
    Taylor

Ellie says:

Personally, my first vote would be for the gallery wall (I like to have a mix of walls with one large piece and walls with a gallery), but if you know you’ll use it for shoots a lot, maybe it’s best to keep the smaller pieces in other areas of the studio and stick with one big piece.

aimee says:

That chair! Where is it from?

Paige Jones says:

love the solo Britt Bass! Looks clean and simple 🙂

Shannon says:

I love the single, large print. It makes more of a statement than the other 4 pieces.

Jourdin says:

Ditto on the single piece! Looks really clean and inspiring that way!

Abby says:

The large single piece! It makes a big statement and fills the wall really well.

Nicki says:

Gallery wall! I love that couch as well. Is your studio in Los Angeles? i may be in the market for studio space soon, so any suggestions in the area would be greatly appreciated! 🙂

maggie says:

Oooh, I am loving that single Brit Turner piece over the wall!

Evelyn Haupt says:

single piece! Make life easier for yourself 🙂 Plus it is goregous.

single piece! the gallery wall feels somewhat tired to me lately, though it’s definitely fun.

oh and *do* pass along where the thin natural frames are from. they are quite perfect!

all of the framing was done by artfully walls!

Britney says:

Who are the headphones from? They are so pretty!!!

Sosyal Medya says:

Single piece! That is really gorgeous. 🙂

Anabelle Harari says:

where are the headphones from?? LOVE!

Anna S. says:

I would absolutely go with the single piece. Simply gorgeous!

Jennifer S says:

I think I prefer the single piece as well, though the gallery wall is nice! Maybe sometime in the future. You know you’ll want to switch things around eventually!

Aleks says:

Definetly the single piece, it’s a great eye catcher 😉

For all the people out there, who are curious about her headphones:

You’re welcome, I love them, too! 🙂

P.S: I think her boy worked on them, too (?)

I love those headphones! where are they from?

I just missed the post right above mine! haha never mind, thank you!

Heidi says:

I like the single piece & I love your space– Wahoo– that’s so exciting to pick out lovely delights that will inspire you everyday… I hope you adore it completely when it’s done!

Mariella says:

I’m in LOVE with your pink couch! so perfect for your space. And, I vote for one piece of art. Obvs, the coolest one you can find 😉

I just love beautiful plants + natural light. I wanted to ask you where you purchase all of your indoor plants, specifically the fiddle fig tree?

Thank you so much!!

Britt Turner says:

that print was made for that space bri! XX

Rebecca says:

Looks amazing! You really have a flare for design its great

emily says:

I might be a little late on this post 🙂
    But my favourite is the single piece, it’s clean and simple, AND beautiful, plus it’s always convent if you only have to move one thing than a bunch for shoots. Love the photos, as always!

First, I love that pink couch, I want one myself. I surprisingly like the single piece of art, I usually like a gallery wall myself but I think in this instance it looks great with the one piece.

ALFR says:

Wonderful space. Can you please tell me where to find that pink couch?

ALFR says:

My apologies – just spotted your link. Many thanks!

Jacob says:

First off I would like to say superb blog! I had a quick question in which I’d like to ask if you do not mind.
    I was curious to find out how you center yourself and
    clear your head before writing. I’ve had difficulty clearing my mind in getting my
    thoughts out. I truly do take pleasure in writing however it just seems like the first 10 to
    15 minutes are usually wasted simply just trying to figure out how
    to begin. Any recommendations or tips? Kudos!

Look into my blog :: search engines (Jacob)

There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made certain nice points in features also.