03.13.14

STUDIO WALLS

my studio is coming together slowly but surely. i wanted to take my time with the decorating process, searching for pieces i really loved and that felt like me. i knew that i would be spending a significant amount of time in the space and wanted it to be inspiring, functional and relaxing at the same time. i am keeping the “sitting area” really simple because we often move around the furniture for shoots, but i did think a piece of art over the couch would be nice.

shop items seen above: pink couch by cb2, polkadot rug from ikea, white pendant lights from barn light electric, wooden side table from lulu and georgia, black and white stool from finn style, fuzzy pillows from west elm, triangle pillow from caroline hurley.

i found a couple of pieces of art from artfully walls to use around the office (especially love the painted pebbles above by garima dhawan).

the one above is by eva magill-oliver. love those natural frames too!

i debated between doing a single piece or a gallery wall above the couch (i really like both!!) but ultimately, i felt like the gallery wall would be harder to remove if we needed that wall for a shoot. sometimes functionality wins, right? i’m really happy with the britt turner piece i chose. her work has been a favorite of mine for a while. artfully walls has a cool feature on their site where you can try the art on your actual wall which helps in making these decisions for your home.

which is your preference over the couch? single piece or gallery wall?

shop this gallery wall: hora, woman, round and round, and navy geo.

(photos by sheila gimpost sponsored by artfully walls, all opinions are my own)

• 1. Viveca  |  March 13th, 2014 at 4:26 am

Your space is beautiful! Love the colors, the pink couch is especially cute. I think the single piece would look best, since you’ve chosen a wonderful piece of art!

• 2. Vicky  |  March 13th, 2014 at 5:35 am

I think the same of Viveca! the single piece in this wall looks amazing! the palette colour is lovely!

• 3. gloria waters  |  March 13th, 2014 at 5:42 am

it’s definitely coming together bri! the bright openness of it is very inspiring, i wish i had that.

• 4. Chelsea - Brand Stylist  |  March 13th, 2014 at 6:19 am

You have such a unique space + really pretty. Loving how everything just falls into place creatively. And the color palette rock.
    Ps.: The single piece rocks.

• 5. Kayleigh  |  March 13th, 2014 at 6:26 am

I vote for the single piece! <3

• 6. Audrey  |  March 13th, 2014 at 6:32 am

Gallery wall. Def.

• 7. Anonymous  |  March 13th, 2014 at 6:38 am

I like the single piece!

By any chance, does anyone know where the wood frames are from?

Thanks!

• 8. Becca  |  March 13th, 2014 at 6:59 am

Single piece for sure! One because it’s beautiful, two because I’m finding gallery walls are getting more and more overdone. This is perfect!

• 9. Christa  |  March 13th, 2014 at 7:15 am

I love this piece and I prefer it on it’s own. I usually love gallery walls, but I’ve been enjoying the simplicity of the single piece recently.

xo
    Christa

• 10. jane  |  March 13th, 2014 at 7:35 am

Where did you get that chair? I’ve seen it in lots of your posts. I looove it and want it for my home office!

• 11. Carly Martin  |  March 13th, 2014 at 7:38 am

If you decide to go with the gallery wall I’d love to send you a few colorful prints! XO Carly http://carlymartinart.bigcartel.com/

• 12. Emma  |  March 13th, 2014 at 7:53 am

I LOVE that pink couch. I think pink cam really make a room look so chic, especially when paured with whites and other neutrals like you did here. And the artwork is perfect! I’ve never heard of Artfully walls until today, and you’re the second person to write about them in a post! I think it’s a sign!

Emma
    emmabauso.com

• 13. Taylor  |  March 13th, 2014 at 9:10 am

I love both options! The gallery wall makes it seem more open, but with just one piece I think it makes that awesome pink couch stand out more.

xoxo
    Taylor

• 14. Ellie  |  March 13th, 2014 at 9:14 am

Personally, my first vote would be for the gallery wall (I like to have a mix of walls with one large piece and walls with a gallery), but if you know you’ll use it for shoots a lot, maybe it’s best to keep the smaller pieces in other areas of the studio and stick with one big piece.

• 15. aimee  |  March 13th, 2014 at 9:20 am

That chair! Where is it from?

• 16. Paige Jones  |  March 13th, 2014 at 9:34 am

love the solo Britt Bass! Looks clean and simple :-)

• 17. Shannon  |  March 13th, 2014 at 9:39 am

I love the single, large print. It makes more of a statement than the other 4 pieces.

• 18. Jourdin  |  March 13th, 2014 at 9:59 am

Ditto on the single piece! Looks really clean and inspiring that way!

• 19. Abby  |  March 13th, 2014 at 10:04 am

The large single piece! It makes a big statement and fills the wall really well.

• 20. Nicki  |  March 13th, 2014 at 10:26 am

Gallery wall! I love that couch as well. Is your studio in Los Angeles? i may be in the market for studio space soon, so any suggestions in the area would be greatly appreciated! :)

• 21. maggie  |  March 13th, 2014 at 11:16 am

Oooh, I am loving that single Brit Turner piece over the wall!

• 22. Evelyn Haupt  |  March 13th, 2014 at 11:33 am

single piece! Make life easier for yourself :) Plus it is goregous.

• 23. Dana @ Discreet Charms  |  March 13th, 2014 at 11:44 am

single piece! the gallery wall feels somewhat tired to me lately, though it’s definitely fun.

oh and *do* pass along where the thin natural frames are from. they are quite perfect!

• 24. designlovefest  |  March 13th, 2014 at 11:50 am

all of the framing was done by artfully walls!

• 25. Britney  |  March 13th, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Who are the headphones from? They are so pretty!!!

• 26. Sosyal Medya  |  March 13th, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Single piece! That is really gorgeous. :)

• 27. Anabelle Harari  |  March 13th, 2014 at 4:34 pm

where are the headphones from?? LOVE!

• 28. Anna S.  |  March 13th, 2014 at 5:43 pm

I would absolutely go with the single piece. Simply gorgeous!

• 29. Jennifer S  |  March 13th, 2014 at 6:19 pm

I think I prefer the single piece as well, though the gallery wall is nice! Maybe sometime in the future. You know you’ll want to switch things around eventually!

• 30. Aleks  |  March 14th, 2014 at 5:25 am

Definetly the single piece, it’s a great eye catcher ;)

For all the people out there, who are curious about her headphones:

You’re welcome, I love them, too! :)

P.S: I think her boy worked on them, too (?)

• 31. Cotton & Rust Jewelry  |  March 15th, 2014 at 12:52 pm

I love those headphones! where are they from?

• 32. Cotton & Rust Jewelry  |  March 15th, 2014 at 12:52 pm

I just missed the post right above mine! haha never mind, thank you!

• 33. Heidi  |  March 17th, 2014 at 12:04 am

I like the single piece & I love your space– Wahoo– that’s so exciting to pick out lovely delights that will inspire you everyday… I hope you adore it completely when it’s done!

• 34. Mariella  |  March 18th, 2014 at 8:41 am

I’m in LOVE with your pink couch! so perfect for your space. And, I vote for one piece of art. Obvs, the coolest one you can find ;)

• 35. Hannah Martindale  |  March 18th, 2014 at 6:39 pm

I just love beautiful plants + natural light. I wanted to ask you where you purchase all of your indoor plants, specifically the fiddle fig tree?

Thank you so much!!

• 36. Britt Turner  |  March 19th, 2014 at 8:24 am

that print was made for that space bri! XX

• 37. Love Imbrochori  |  March 27th, 2014 at 1:58 am

gallery wall!

• 38. Rebecca  |  March 30th, 2014 at 11:09 pm

Looks amazing! You really have a flare for design its great

• 39. emily  |  April 7th, 2014 at 10:17 pm

I might be a little late on this post :)
    But my favourite is the single piece, it’s clean and simple, AND beautiful, plus it’s always convent if you only have to move one thing than a bunch for shoots. Love the photos, as always!

• 40. Chantal {luxxury livving}  |  May 27th, 2014 at 8:01 pm

First, I love that pink couch, I want one myself. I surprisingly like the single piece of art, I usually like a gallery wall myself but I think in this instance it looks great with the one piece.

• 41. ALFR  |  June 26th, 2014 at 2:37 pm

Wonderful space. Can you please tell me where to find that pink couch?

• 42. ALFR  |  June 26th, 2014 at 2:38 pm

My apologies – just spotted your link. Many thanks!

COOL BEACH TOWEL…