MINT MOCHA SHAKE RECIPE
hard to believe it’s already the start of spring! even though i live in los angeles where it’s never really that cold i can still feel the difference of a little more daylight and the warmer evenings that spring brings. i’m definitely going to try this simple mocha shake when i need a little caffeine kick in the longer afternoon hours. really into these coffee ice cubes, too…
Mint Mocha Almond Milk Shake with Coffee Ice Cubes
yield: 2 servings
• 2 Cups water
• 8 Tablespoons coffee, ground
• 1/2 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 1 Cup vanilla Almond Breeze Almond Milk, divided
• 2 Tablespoons fresh mint, fine chop
• 1 pint vanilla frozen yogurt or sorbet
how to make them:
• Brew coffee and let cool to room temperature.
• Pour into ice cube mold. Freeze 4-6 hours or overnight is best.
• Over a double broiler, melt chocolate with ½ cup vanilla Almond Breeze stirring constantly until melted and smooth. Stir in mint. Let cool.
• In a blender, combine frozen yogurt and remaining ½ cup vanilla Almond Breeze. Blend until thick and smooth.
Assemble by drizzling mint chocolate sauce on the bottom of a glass. Add coffee ice cubes and then pour in milkshake. Garnish with espresso beans, mint, or chocolate sauce.