03.17.14

MAKE IT / 52

i’ve been really into crystals lately. i love the combination of the rough texture and vibrant color. i picked up a few at the rose bowl flea market last weekend that have been living on my nightstand. today we are going to make a beautiful amethyst mirror…

what you’ ll need:

• 11 inch round wood clock face
• 10 inch round mirror
• amethyst crystals (we purchased 200 amethyst pieces from BlissCrystals on etsy)
• Loctite Go2 Glue
• Silver spray paint
• 2 small eye hooks
• wire

• Spray paint both sides of clock face. The back of the clock face will be the front of the mirror.

• Glue mirror to clock face and press surfaces together. Allow to set for 30 minutes.

• Using a generous amount of glue, attach crystal pieces around the border of the mirror, with some overlapping the mirror edge to conceal it. Let the glue cure overnight.

• Attach eye hooks to back edge of wood (pre-drilling holes makes it easier.)

• Thread wire through eye hooks and twist to tighten so that the wire is taut and not visible from the front.

and there you have it, simple and so pretty! i think this mirror would make the best gift for those hard to buy for friends. i know i sure wouldn’t mind receiving one! what do ya think?

project by: bramble workshop for designlovefest
photos by: brittany wood
more DIY projects here

• 1. Madeline [madelinemade]  |  March 17th, 2014 at 7:49 am

so lovely dlf! great etsy source.

• 2. Vicky  |  March 17th, 2014 at 9:07 am

lovely idea!!!! good job! :) I invite you and all your followers to participate in my new post! xx

• 3. Rebecca  |  March 17th, 2014 at 9:16 am

Awesome DIY!

• 4. laura redburn  |  March 17th, 2014 at 9:22 am

i totally thought those were petals! certainly makes for a unique mirror.

• 5. maggie  |  March 17th, 2014 at 10:07 am

I am obsessed with crystals. I have actually started making prayer candles with small pieces of fluorite in them because they are known for helping with so many things – prioritizing, calming, focus, honing intuition, etc. Love this mirror!

• 6. Tori / My Om Life  |  March 17th, 2014 at 11:59 am

I’ve been super into rose quartz lately!! It has the prettiest, softest pink color–I can’t get enough!! This seems like a great diy to add to my rose quartz collection. Thanks!

Much love,
    Tori

• 7. hair clipper oster hair clippers  |  March 17th, 2014 at 1:27 pm

I’d like to find out more? I’d love to find out some additional information.

my web site; hair clipper oster hair clippers

• 8. Ana  |  March 17th, 2014 at 2:29 pm

This is the best diy this year so far! It looks so pretty and you can decorate it so many ways. Thanks for sharing this one!

• 9. Mama Leone  |  March 17th, 2014 at 2:50 pm

Sooooo beautiful! AwEsome! Thx for sharing bri!

• 10. Iquo  |  March 17th, 2014 at 4:33 pm

This is gorgeous! I love it! Purple is my favorite color! That glue is pretty awesome by the way! I use it for my crafts as well!

Iquo

• 11. Emily  |  March 17th, 2014 at 7:51 pm

This is lovely! I love how the light makes the crystals shine. I love how customizable this is. You could mix different tones of the same color crystal and it would look awesome too!

Emily
    eageremily.blogspot.com

• 12. sarah  |  March 17th, 2014 at 9:55 pm

love crystals so much… keep me away from rock shops! this turned out *so* beautifully.

• 13. erin  |  March 17th, 2014 at 10:26 pm

love love love! this is stunning.

• 14. cheyenne  |  March 17th, 2014 at 11:07 pm

this looks so so pretty!
    xo, cheyenne

• 15. Kelby  |  March 18th, 2014 at 8:05 am

What a BEAUTIFUL mirror! This is most definitely a DIY I want to try! Also looks lovely against the white brick.

• 16. Cuero&Mør  |  March 18th, 2014 at 8:10 am

Awesome idea and amazing result!!

• 17. riris  |  March 18th, 2014 at 8:33 am

This is so amazing.. I think I already pin this DIY on my pinterest, and try to make my own when I redecorate my room ASAP. Thank you for share..

• 18. Birdy  |  March 18th, 2014 at 6:52 pm

This is a very cute idea! ^_^
    I am obsessed with crystals, they’re so beautiful and each one is unique.
    x

• 19. Anna S.  |  March 19th, 2014 at 8:46 am

This is the first DIY Mirror I have seen that someone actually put a bigger wood circle behind it to add the border, everyone else just puts it on the actual mirror. Love it!

• 20. nina  |  March 20th, 2014 at 11:38 am

Lovely DIY idea!
    Featured your tutorial in an article on my handmade blog.
    Hope you don’t mind the bloglove!
    Xx Nina

• 21. Sabrina  |  March 20th, 2014 at 4:11 pm

Love this idea! I just stumbled upon your blog and have fallen in love! Thank you for all your tips and tricks for bloggers-

Have a beautiful week!

-S

• 22. Emma  |  March 21st, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Love this!

Emma| With A City Dream

• 23. Bailey  |  March 22nd, 2014 at 5:43 pm

I absolutely love this project idea!! My boyfriend is a geologist, so a gemstone mirror would actually be really fitting for our home. Thanks for the how-to!!

• 24. Robin  |  March 26th, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Love this! And really love that brass whale in the 2nd to the last photo. Can you please tell me where you got it? thanks.

• 25. Amethyst crystal  |  March 28th, 2014 at 7:38 am

I like the way you explained everything in your blog and I want to tell you that all of your methods are very easy to follow.

• 26. paule de 1000 lieux  |  March 28th, 2014 at 11:07 am

Very good idea!!!

• 27. The DIY Homegirl  |  June 18th, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Hello! I featured your mirror in my monthly blog series, Get Your Color On!. Each month I select a color, provide tips on how to decorate with it, and feature other bloggers with their projects that relate to this color.

This month’s post is all about purple, so your project was perfect! Feel free to grab a featured button and check out my post at Get Your Color On! Purple. Thanks for sharing your wonderful creativity!

• 28. Anonymous  |  July 8th, 2014 at 2:08 am

so beautiful mirror

• 29. Robin  |  July 8th, 2014 at 8:16 am

Yes, please tell us where we could find such a cute lil whale, ceramic, metal or otherwise.

• 30. vitor  |  July 8th, 2014 at 4:16 pm

I`d like to know about the whale too.

• 31. #beauty Tips  |  August 6th, 2014 at 12:21 am

Right here is the right web site for anybody who wishes to find out about this topic.
    You understand so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that
    I personally would want to_HaHa). You certainly put
    a new spin on a subject that’s been written about for decades.
    Wonderful stuff, just wonderful!

My weblog; #beauty Tips

• 32. www.eplumbing417.jigsy.com  |  September 2nd, 2014 at 3:51 am

Great delivery. Great arguments. Keep up the amazing spirit.

Lookk at my site :: moeern remodeling stevbe – http://www.eplumbing417.jigsy.com,

photo 2_zps8b7e2290.jpg