MAKE IT / 52
i’ve been really into crystals lately. i love the combination of the rough texture and vibrant color. i picked up a few at the rose bowl flea market last weekend that have been living on my nightstand. today we are going to make a beautiful amethyst mirror…
what you’ ll need:
• 11 inch round wood clock face
• 10 inch round mirror
• amethyst crystals (we purchased 200 amethyst pieces from BlissCrystals on etsy)
• Loctite Go2 Glue
• Silver spray paint
• 2 small eye hooks
• Spray paint both sides of clock face. The back of the clock face will be the front of the mirror.
• Glue mirror to clock face and press surfaces together. Allow to set for 30 minutes.
• Using a generous amount of glue, attach crystal pieces around the border of the mirror, with some overlapping the mirror edge to conceal it. Let the glue cure overnight.
• Attach eye hooks to back edge of wood (pre-drilling holes makes it easier.)
• Thread wire through eye hooks and twist to tighten so that the wire is taut and not visible from the front.
and there you have it, simple and so pretty! i think this mirror would make the best gift for those hard to buy for friends. i know i sure wouldn’t mind receiving one! what do ya think?