03.06.14

A BEAUTIFUL BRUNCH

i really loved the decor at our last austin blogshop that was created by emily and sarah at bird dog wedding, so i’m excited to bring you more beauty from them. they created a gorgeous foraged brunch at the stunning josephine house that they will be sharing with us today along with tips on how to throw your own. i always love a good brunch and this one is spot on!

here are a few ideas to get you started on your own foraged brunch:

• Wander around your neighborhood and see what speaks to you. Here we used silver leaf, dark privet berries, and nandina foliage which has a beautiful red hue in the winter months. Then choose flowers that will compliment what you foraged. The flowers we incorporated here are a mix of locally Texas grown and bunches we got from the super market!

IMG_6119

• Make it personal and keep it unfussy. Pulling the flatware, napkins, and vessels from your own stash is the whole point. To create this look we gathered a bunch of mix-match vessels that we already had on hand. It kept everything from looking a little too perfect.

• Get your friends to pitch in! If someone has an eye for a perfectly styled table-scape, let them at it. The more involved they can be, the more personal and unique the whole event will be.

The Southwestern Rose Champagne Cocktail

• Start with 1/2 oz. St. Germain at the bottom of your flute
• Add Gruet Rose until flute is 3/4 full
• Top with Topo Chico
• Add lime circle for garnish

IMG_5939
IMG_6221

• Buy local. We found our flowers and the final touches for our drinks from local vendors. Take the chance to explore and be inspired. Let your event evolve naturally from what you discover!

For this brunch we collaborated with a team of awesome individuals and vendors. Mia Carameros created the insanely gorgeous menu and place cards, Kate LeSueur snapped the dreamy photos, and our favorite restaurant Josephine House hosted us.

entertaining story by: bird dog wedding

this is so pretty! i’m not one to ever ask but i just love those napkins. anyone know where they came from? thank you!!

Lora Demode says:

I love your blog, your post, your style…. well I have a problem I think I like all of you hehe. This post was the perfect inspiration I needed to make some choices for my #wedding. Thank you!

____________ says:

Very good post! We are linking to this particularly great post on our website.
    Keep up the good writing.

my web blog; ____________

As usual, your photos are amazing! I want to host a brunch now 🙂

Dana Kay says:

Your brunch looks beautiful and I loved all the tips! You’ve inspired me to host my own brunch. Thanks for sharing.
    xo,
    Dana Kay

Divine! Bubbles ‘n Honey. Please post where you picked up that sweet glass honey pot with the metal base????

maggie says:

Stunning, as always. I am aching to go to my local flower market and I think this post just gave me the extra push I needed to go this weekend.

LA Brunchers says:

We absolutely adore this brunch! If you’d ever like to recreate it here in Los Angeles please let your LA Brunch Gurus (ahem, us) know! http://www.labrunchers.com xoxo Kate & Leah

patricia villamil says:

What a beautiful setup this was. I especially loved those wooden chairs against the white table. May I ask where the chairs are from or what’s their design name, if any? Thanks in advance.

Cleshawn says:

This is absolutely stunning and inspiring! I haven’t thrown a gathering in ages and now I feel like I must!

xx/ http://www.hometohem.com

Sosyal Medya says:

What a beautiful setup this was. I want to host a brunch now! 🙂

Vicky says:

beautiful ALL! the objects, colours, flowers… love it!

Jackie Beale says:

Just lovely! Lovely pictures, lovely set up, lovely flowers! I was wondering if you knew where those plates and bowls were from? Sounds kind of funny but I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect white set, not shiny, not too elaborate, but not too plain either. I really like these with the colored rim for accent! -jb.

Pomai Weall says:

Love this post! So much light and beauty. Brunch is one of my favorite things.

Bailey says:

What a gorgeous spread!! I need to be friends with people who throw brunches like this 😉

metal says:

This is a topic that’s close to my heart… Best wishes! Where are your contact
    details though?

Great article. I will be facing some of these issues as
    well..

hi!,I really like your writing very a lot! proportion we keep
    in touch more approximately your article on AOL? I need a specialist on this space to unravel
    my problem. Maybe that’s you! Looking forward to see you.

Ciao __, penso che ho visto che hai visitato il mio blog
    sito web cos

Rae says:

is it possible for you to let me know who made the plates and bowls from this brunch? The set is lovely. Are they Edith Heath?

Pingback: Strawberries Blog