03.14.14

9 PLACES I’D LIKE TO TRAVEL TO

i swear, once you start traveling more often you can seriously get addicted! it’s a vicious cycle of going somewhere, longing for the comfort of home, and then itching to go somewhere else. (ahem, i JUST got back from thailand!) i haven’t had the strong desire to go back anywhere i’ve gone, besides paris, which never gets old. there’s just SO much to see. so much culture and interesting ways of living. so many colors and foods and hidden gems to find. so much planning to be done (which i love!) it’s friday, i can’t help but dream a little of where i’d like to go next…

i’d like to take a dip in the blue lagoon in iceland…

have a candlelit dinner with this view in greece…

take a long bicycle ride with flowers in my basket around amsterdam…

lounge by the pool, sipping cocktails in morocco

check in to a bungalow over this magical water in bora bora…

paris never gets old. i’d like to sit here, eat chocolate croissants and chat with a friend…

wave hello to someone from my magic mountain window in chile…

take a colorful ice cream break in tokyo…

sip baileys & get cozy in the middle of nowhere with my guy…

SO! which one pulled on you? where are you dreaming of going?

ps. i searched high and low for the photo credits. i found most of them, but unfortunately i’m missing a few thanks to the black hole of pinterest/tumblr. let me know if you have the original sources to the two i couldn’t locate. thanks!

• 1. Madeline  |  March 14th, 2014 at 4:18 am

we went to santorini and bora bora last year and I highly recommend both! the funny thing is they look exactly like the pictures.

• 2. Sophie  |  March 14th, 2014 at 4:37 am

Suuuch wanderlust! I agree that Paris NEVER gets old. And a bicycle trip around Amsterdam is definitely lovely – if you ever do get the chance though, also visit one of the islands up North. They are sooo scenic and lovely, with wild dunes and sheep and goats wandering free, and you can rent a bike for cheap and just tour an entire island in a matter of a day or two :)

• 3. mariell.  |  March 14th, 2014 at 4:38 am

these days i really want to go to california. eat the fruit and see the ocean and the forests and the beautiful nature. too bad it’s sooo far away. luckily i do have tickets for paris in april!

• 4. Annabel  |  March 14th, 2014 at 4:47 am

This could’ve been pulled straight our of my mind. Drooling with wanderlust over here!

• 5. Audrey | Miss Average  |  March 14th, 2014 at 5:37 am

Paris has always been my dream!

• 6. Dulce  |  March 14th, 2014 at 6:28 am

The picture of Chile made me dream! same as Amsterdan

• 7. Myyna  |  March 14th, 2014 at 6:36 am

These places are simply amazing… Bora Bora is also my dream :)

• 8. Amy  |  March 14th, 2014 at 6:58 am

This list corresponds weirdly to my own.. especially Iceland, Greece, Paris, and the middle of nowhere

• 9. jaclyn  |  March 14th, 2014 at 7:08 am

The last photo is from Classy Girls Wear Pearls.
    This is the link: http://www.classygirlswearpearls.com/2013/12/goodbye-holidays.html

• 10. Marissa Villanueva  |  March 14th, 2014 at 7:21 am

I’ve seriously been looking at almost the exact ones! Iceland, Greece, Morocco and of course Paris :)

• 11. rachael  |  March 14th, 2014 at 7:51 am

GO! TO! ICELAND!

• 12. Holly B  |  March 14th, 2014 at 8:08 am

I want them ALL :) We’re actually planning a trip to Japan in May though, so psyched!

• 13. carmen  |  March 14th, 2014 at 8:25 am

You would LOVE Bora Bora! I actually went there on my honeymoon and it’s absolutely magical.

• 14. Taylor  |  March 14th, 2014 at 8:30 am

I’m still finding my way around the U.S., but international travel is so alluring. I’d love to visit that Magic Mountain! So gorgeous! Also, my man and I have always had a dream about going to Ireland. And of course, Paris too (Ratatouille is our favorite movie). I hope you get to travel to all of these places!

xoxo
    Taylor

• 15. Becky  |  March 14th, 2014 at 8:54 am

Awesome list! I’ve been to Amsterdam and it’s seriously magical. I fell in love within the first 30 seconds of being there. I was only there for a five hour layover but can’t wait to go back. I have NYC, London, and South Korea on my list. I hope you make it to all nine, Bri!

B.

• 16. Sarah  |  March 14th, 2014 at 8:58 am

Of these places I’ve been to blue lagoon and Paris. Paris is of course wonderful, but Iceland looks like no other place I’ve ever been, you might as well be on the moon. I have really vivid memories of blue lagoon, going there was one of the best days of my life. I’d love to go to New Zealand, Ireland, and Belize.

• 17. Jo  |  March 14th, 2014 at 9:08 am

Iceland and Japan are definitely on my wanderlust list, Glasgow is on top of that list, seems so magical! No harm in dreaming, one day…

• 18. Deniz  |  March 14th, 2014 at 9:09 am

Ha I always list “places to go”. And this summer, after I get marry, we’ll go to Santorini for a romantic holiday :)
    I also crave for these places:

-Rome (I went there 3 times but miss so much)
    -Paris (again and again…)
    -Thailand (Ko Lanta, it’s added to my list thanks to you)
    -Nepal (for a peaceful journey)
    -Los Angeles — and a Californian road trip for the next summer!!

And I highly recommend Istanbul for sure!! :)

• 19. Dana Kay  |  March 14th, 2014 at 9:13 am

These picks are awesome! My dream vacation is Bora Bora and the blue lagoon in Iceland has been added to my bucket list now. Thanks for sharing.
    xo,
    Dana Kay
    danakay16.blogspot.com

• 20. Lindsey Tullis  |  March 14th, 2014 at 9:21 am

Go to Iceland. Seriously. Actually, everyone, go to Iceland. It is a must. Most beautiful country.

• 21. dom  |  March 14th, 2014 at 9:24 am

wow. such beautiful photos. that ice cream looks fun. that’s where i want to be right now!

• 22. Emma Miller  |  March 14th, 2014 at 9:40 am

I hear you with the addiction to travel. My goal is to have visited as many countries as I am years old! I have a trip next month to Japan & Bali, Indonesia; I cannot wait to absorb and learn about those very different cultures. That being said, I still have my eye on trips after that —Iceland FTW!

• 23. maggie  |  March 14th, 2014 at 9:42 am

This makes me so excited for my upcoming Italy trip with my Dad and sister. It’s not until August, but still! Feeling very wander-lusty after this post.

• 24. Sara  |  March 14th, 2014 at 10:16 am

ah I feel the same way! I literally cannot stop traveling, and you’re right – as soon as I get back home, I’m ready to go back out again. That blue lagoon is looking pretty good to me right now.

That last photo is an instagram from Sarah Vickers http://instagram.com/sarahkjp

• 25. Tori / My Om Life  |  March 14th, 2014 at 10:36 am

I’m itching to be in the middle of nowhere with my guy in a beautiful natural setting!! Sounds amazing! And Paris, always. I haven’t been yet but that’s my next big travel destination when I do decide to take off!

Much love,
    Tori

• 26. Mason  |  March 14th, 2014 at 10:38 am

Wow, we are so on the same wavelength or something! I have such a travel bug right now and Iceland is calling me. It looks so magical! xo

• 27. cristina  |  March 14th, 2014 at 10:40 am

the pic from iceland is by fabio volo

• 28. Isamour  |  March 14th, 2014 at 10:53 am

My life will be my dream life when I’ll be able to travel 2 times per year !!

My fashion blog: http://www.isamour.com

• 29. Maelle  |  March 14th, 2014 at 11:09 am

Iceland is MAGIC. I went there 7 years ago and definitely plan to go back one day. I’d say go during summer, the sun almost never sets and you have the most amazing dreamy light – photographers will love it! Bora Bora looks super relaxing, and the picture for Chile is so intriguing! I have lived in Paris for 3 years and that most definitely cured me from my itch… well, i sorta have a love/hate relationship with this city. :) Your post actually made me realise how lucky i am to be living in Europe, so many different and beautiful places to visit within short distances… I need to travel more!

• 30. sara  |  March 14th, 2014 at 11:19 am

Yeahhh, great places!!!!
    You are welcome to Morocco whenever you want!!! xx

• 31. Tineey  |  March 14th, 2014 at 11:27 am

This is me in a nutshell right now! I’ve caught the wanderlust bug and its coals has been fanning itself daily. I’m going to Iceland and Paris next month (relief)!! But it’s so true, the more you travel, the harder it is to keep the itch away.

• 32. Judith  |  March 14th, 2014 at 11:41 am

indeed!! i just came back from a three week vacation and i’ve been researching already! bad bad…

• 33. Gina  |  March 14th, 2014 at 11:45 am

Iceland is amazing! I lived there for a month last year and I can’t wait to go back. I also got engaged there so it holds a special place in my heart.

• 34. rox  |  March 14th, 2014 at 11:56 am

iceland is hands down the most magical place ever! we lived out of a camper there for two weeks on our honeymoon….

• 35. Bitty Berlinghoff  |  March 14th, 2014 at 12:27 pm

All of these places seem just right. You’ve nailed it again, Bri!

• 36. claire  |  March 14th, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Lovely post, so many places I want to go to. Iceland is brilliant, it’s the only place I’ve been to where I started planning my next trip back before I left for home.

• 37. Megan @ Lush to Blush  |  March 14th, 2014 at 12:53 pm

Ahhh these all look so amazing. To be honest, I’d be happy to travel ANYWHERE!

xo Megan, Lush to Blush

• 38. Brooke K  |  March 14th, 2014 at 1:17 pm

I may be mistaken but it looks like the Greece photo was originally taken by Katarina Mansson and people have edited it since. I found it on her photography website: http://www.katarina-mansson-photography.com/-/katarina-mansson-photography/gallery.asp?LID=&cat=179655&pID=1&row=15&photoID=13290773

• 39. Kelly Brito  |  March 14th, 2014 at 1:52 pm

All places are beautiful and unique. But that blue lagoon is something else, isn’t it? Looks like a man-made out-of-a-movie thing!

• 40. Allison  |  March 14th, 2014 at 4:02 pm

My fiance and I are going to Iceland for part of our honeymoon. Icelandair just started flying out of Edmonton and it’s very affordable! I can’t wait for the geothermal pools!

• 41. Sosyal Medya  |  March 14th, 2014 at 6:20 pm

You shuld see Koh Samui! Btw these all look so amazing :)

• 42. Nicki  |  March 14th, 2014 at 10:57 pm

This is my wish list almost exactly! Your Thailand trip got me wanting to go there too. I highly suggest adding Machu Picchu Peru to your list- it’s the most breath-taking thing I’ve ever laid eyes on! Happy travels :)

• 43. 2moiselles  |  March 14th, 2014 at 11:31 pm

I’d like to be in all those places too!!

• 44. gris-noir chic  |  March 14th, 2014 at 11:42 pm

Santorini, Iceland and Tokyo I’m dreaming of !
    Santorini I will maybe travel to this year. :)

• 45. Rachel  |  March 15th, 2014 at 3:07 am

What a great round up – I’m going to the lagoons this Summer!

• 46. Alessa  |  March 15th, 2014 at 9:06 am

Mountain in Chile looks great! I’d like too….!

• 47. gina  |  March 15th, 2014 at 11:50 am

those pics all look amazing!!
    i want to go to croatia, miami, cuba, boston.. the list is actually endless!
    vegas and san fran are next tho!

• 48. Anthea Lau  |  March 15th, 2014 at 12:09 pm

oh goodness many of these are my dream travel destinations too – I need to bora bora someday the water is just too beautiful there <3

Check out my new outfit post and share your thoughts! :)
    AL xx
    RASSP blog

• 49. Hilary  |  March 15th, 2014 at 1:12 pm

It’s got to be the hot spring in Iceland! I hope you take Blogshop to all these places so we can come with you!

• 50. The Beauty Break  |  March 15th, 2014 at 3:46 pm

All of them please!
    The next ones on my list are India and Botswana! As much as I love Paris (and I do) I like more “unusual” destinations
    The Beauty Break

• 51. Lauren  |  March 15th, 2014 at 7:58 pm

I believe the last pic is from sarahkjp’s Instagram. She is the classy girls wear pearls blogger.

• 52. cheyenne  |  March 15th, 2014 at 10:24 pm

now i’m getting the travel bug as well! i’d love to visit santorini and morroco, and the other places look amazing as well. and definitely come to amsterdam, it’s such a great city!
    xo, cheyenne

• 53. Sonja  |  March 16th, 2014 at 12:03 am

Hi, I am based in Europe, but have been to the US in SF, NYC, Boston and East Coast, SLC and New Orleans (prior to Katrina)and a lot of cities in Europe. I cuurently live in Sweden, approx.2.5 hours north of Stockholm (which is a wonderful city!!).
    My bucket list for traveling right now:
    England country side (I have only been to London & Oxford)
    Provence, France
    Shanghai, Bejing or Hongkong
    Lisboa
    Moskwa
    Ireland
    Chicago
    Iceland
    Australia
    next year I might have the opportunity to go to Xian, China (fingers crossed!!)
    Africa to see the big five maybe??
    I do not know, I would travel everywhere if I had the money :)

• 54. Rosario  |  March 16th, 2014 at 12:29 am

You either discover their whereabouts peeking inside the bag of tiles, slacking drawing
    tiles out, or placing words on the board but being can not define them.
    As my brother Jamar Booker explained, men value young, attractive,
    healthy, faithful, and nurturing women. Escaping to a hidden
    destination to chat to strangers like car, garage, and basement is just suspicious.

• 55. Lauriëtte  |  March 16th, 2014 at 2:24 am

Amazing destinations!

• 56. Sarah Ebner  |  March 16th, 2014 at 2:51 am

These photos are brilliant – and make me want to go too! I would also love to take a train through the Canadian rockies and marvel at the view, among the quiet of New Zealand!

• 57. Melissa  |  March 16th, 2014 at 6:23 am

Great choices! I went to Iceland 2 years ago. It was a spontaneous decision. Iceland Air (www.icelandair.com/) has amazing travel packages. The Blue Lagoon is definitely unique but it’s pretty hard to avoid the tourist factor…it was just a small part of our trip. If you go you MUST go on a super jeep glacier tour. Amazing!

• 58. La  |  March 16th, 2014 at 6:35 am

You should come to Scotland! It’s so beautiful and has a bit of everything. x

• 59. Nancy Wilde  |  March 16th, 2014 at 9:02 am

So many wonderful and interesting places… One of my biggest fears is dying without travelling around the world before. The blue lagoon looks beautiful, I just hope it’s not too crowded – people always urinate in those aquatic spots :/ ahah
    You must come to Portugal, I think you’d love the landscape diversity!

• 60. Lora Demode  |  March 16th, 2014 at 11:08 am

If you travel to Amsterdam it will be my pleasure show you the best hotspots and stores around this amazing city where I live.

Flowers, bikes and beauty things are waiting for you ;-)

• 61. pınar  |  March 16th, 2014 at 12:18 pm

No istanbul???

• 62. Sarah Blinco  |  March 16th, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Love this list!! Keep travelling :-)

• 63. Rachel Dorsey  |  March 16th, 2014 at 4:17 pm

I can get behind ALL of these! I’d love to soak up the sun on the coast of Croatia. Sigh.

• 64. Alexandra Marie  |  March 16th, 2014 at 9:32 pm

LOVE this post! So many fantastic places!! Alex

tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

• 65. Katie  |  March 17th, 2014 at 1:33 am

I’ve been lucky enough to travel to many places over the past few years (Kenya, Tanzania, Turkey, Greece, Morocco, Italy, UK, NY, Poland, Slovenia to name a few).

However amongst all of the wonderful sights I’ve seen, I still treasure the time I took to travel my own country (Australia) before I had the majority of my overseas adventures. Not enough people explore their own backyard before rushing off to see the world.

If you want to add a few more amazing places to your list, look no further than Karijini National Park and El Questro Wilderness Park in Western Australia. Two of the most remarkable places I’ve ever been!

• 66. Umberta  |  March 17th, 2014 at 1:43 am

You’re so right, traveling is very addicting! ;))
    Personally, I’d like to visit China and Bolivia in my next travels!!
    And I’ve been to Morocco for the first time last yer (Marrakesh + south of Morocco and desert) it’s really a beautiful and various country. You should definitely go there!
    xx
    Umberta

• 67. loli  |  March 17th, 2014 at 7:45 am

Bri, I spent a night in Iceland on a long layover on the way to the UK. Before our flight the next day, we headed to the Blue Lagoon which I had my heart set on to go to. It was one of the most magical places I’ve ever been. It’s almost unreal wading into this hot spring, surrounded by these volcanoes and sipping on a cold beer witha mask on. I was with friends, but it was also surprisingly romantic. I’d go back with my boyfriend. Definitely go one day!

• 68. Caitlin  |  March 17th, 2014 at 9:25 am

All of these sound amazing! I especially want the candlelit dinner in Greece and the bike ride with flowers in Amsterdam. I just want to travel and see the world, really!

• 69. Crista  |  March 17th, 2014 at 3:28 pm

amazing photos… how do you choose just one??

• 70. Eileen K  |  March 18th, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Patagonia (both the Argentine and Chilean sides) is spectacular. We did some of the most remote and incredibly beautiful hiking there. And we even hiked on the Perito Moreno glacier!

• 71. Rachael  |  March 19th, 2014 at 4:54 am

Me and my fella are literally off to the blue lagoon today! We’re so excited, Iceland has been on our list for a long time xx

• 72. Top Web Hosting  |  March 20th, 2014 at 10:32 am

For all of these reasons I recommend the Web Hosting Providers
    in my links. You wouldn’t want potential customers waiting impatiently while your
    site loads bit by bit. Experts in web hosting would not rely
    on things like template website designs but you need if you are beginners.

• 73. Bailey  |  March 22nd, 2014 at 12:02 pm

All breathtaking photos – I need to travel more!!! While several of these photos made me say, “Oh WOW,” the one that really spoke to me was the “sipping Baileys” one… relaxing in that kind of a mountainy environment is just right for me and my guy. And not just because my name is Bailey.

• 74. The Queen of Dreaming  |  March 24th, 2014 at 11:52 am

I love all those places *-*

• 75. Kate  |  March 26th, 2014 at 7:24 am

You nailed it (and talk about awesome photos) – these are all top places I want to visit too! I’m curious (as I work in the wedding industry), if you were to leave tomorrow on your honeymoon, where would you choose to go?

• 76. Diva In Me  |  March 30th, 2014 at 1:41 am

I would never forget the view in Santorini Greece and Mykonos beaches. Greece is beautiful! Someday I would love to go Bora Bora =)
    You’re right about so many places in the world to see =)

• 77. Femke D.  |  April 8th, 2014 at 2:55 am

I can’t choose so my top 3: Iceland, Bora Bora and Tokyo.
    It’s a good bucket list! :)

• 78. david  |  April 14th, 2014 at 10:22 pm

These all places is too beautiful and wonderful. Greece is one of the most colourful, historical and rich destination. I would love to go Greece with my family.

• 79. Villa Wedding Venue Bali  |  April 21st, 2014 at 7:00 am

These are genuinely enormous ideas in concerning blogging.
    You have touched some pleasant points here. Any way keep up wrinting.

• 80. Www.Nsu.ru  |  May 21st, 2014 at 12:50 pm

The Cubans are nott going to get thereThis is your framework which will guide both you and any financial institution european union jobs
    know that your business idea. Youu should know youir target audience is,
    and that way we can get to work creating the business plan.

• 81. europarlament 2014  |  May 22nd, 2014 at 8:20 pm

TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu has been facing wrath from leaders in his own party.

You need to be clear on what else you want to focus on in your life, and what financial and time commitment you are prepared to give to them.
    A game of politics that we all participate without really being able to change the situation.

Here is my website; europarlament 2014

• 82. best offer makeup  |  June 2nd, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Its like you read my thoughts! You seem to know a lot approximately this,
    like you wrote the book in it or something.

I feel that you can do with a few percent to force the message home
    a little bit, but instead of that, that is wonderful blog.
    An excellent read. I will certainly be back.

• 83. Samara  |  August 23rd, 2014 at 9:21 pm

Great article.

• 84. shanita  |  September 21st, 2014 at 5:24 am

Thanks.|

• 85. diabetes protocol Review  |  September 30th, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Frankly, the pоpulаг lօѡ ϲaгƅ
    dіеts arе clеагlʏ not fοг а ЬoԁƴƄսіlɗег ԝho neеԀѕ tο lоѕe fаt ƅut
    ǥгօѡ mսsϲlе.
    Үеt, many peoƿle arе still quеstіοning աhеtҺег lօա cагƄ іs геallƴ Һeɑltɦү.
    Yοu aге еmƅагκіng ߋn a lіfeѕtƴlе
    tɦat іѕ authеntic, sаtіѕfƴіng
    ɑnd ρгονen tο ρгоvіdе thе hеɑltɦ ɑnd
    ԝеigɦt that үοս ultіmatelƴ ԁеѕіге.

• 86. Vilma D. Braver  |  October 6th, 2014 at 5:08 am

Highly descriptive article, I enjoyed that bit. Will there be a part 2?

• 87. Wei A. Dage  |  October 6th, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Good day! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?
    I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked hard on. Any tips?

• 88. Idell J. Hartsough  |  October 8th, 2014 at 8:33 pm

What a stuff of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable knowledge
    on the topic of unexpected feelings.

• 89. Travel Management Canada  |  October 17th, 2014 at 2:04 am

Ιt’ѕ aϲtսаllү
    a nicе and սsеfսl pіесе оf іnfo.
    I am sаtіѕfіеd tҺat ƴߋս
    ѕimplƴ ѕhareԀ tҺіѕ սsеfսl іnfօrmɑtіоn ѡіtҺ
    սѕ. Plеаse
    ѕtаү սs uр tо dɑtе lіκe tɦіѕ.
    Τɦɑnk ƴߋu fог ѕhагіng.

Ηеге iѕ mу ρаɡе :: Travel Management Canada

• 90. Free Pdf Ebook  |  October 18th, 2014 at 9:45 am

If some one wishes expert view concerning blogging afterward i propose him/her to
    go to see this weblog, Keep up the good job.

• 91. Penispumpen dickerer Penis  |  October 18th, 2014 at 11:07 am

I read this piece of writing completely
    about the resemblance of hottest and earlier technologies, it’s
    amazing article.