02.09.14

WEEKEND HIGHLIGHTS

photo 3 copy photo 2 copy 2

first of all: update on the naked korean spa visit. it was AWESOME! definitely a little uncomfortable for a few minutes, and then you just forget about being naked for the most part. for those of you that haven’t been, i’ll explain a little more. so we hung out in the sauna & hot tubs while waiting for our scrubs. then they called our numbers and reached for my hand. she led me to a large shower with about 8 rubber beds and told me to lie down. was i stoked about laying on a rubber table completely naked? not really. but somehow you just get used to it. they pour buckets of warm water on you and twist you all around to scrub your whole body down. they even washed my ears! and i do have to say, my skin felt like a newborn baby afterwards. the experience was actually very liberating and relaxing. i’m definitely going back! i want to try wi spa next.

photo 1 photo 2 copy

a few other highlights from our girls weekend…dinner at the tasting kitchen in venice, my first sail boat ride in marina del ray, a delicious and healthy lunch at axe, manicures at the gorgeous olive & june and just some great quality friend time.

photo 3 copy 2

photos from DLF instagram & jesse chamberlin

• 1. Rachel  |  February 10th, 2014 at 4:46 am

That sounds like a crazy, but awesome spa experince. And I’m jealous of your dinner – The Tasting Kitchen is one of my favourite spots in the world!

• 2. laura redburn  |  February 10th, 2014 at 4:48 am

aw it sounds like you had such a wonderful time!

• 3. Becca  |  February 10th, 2014 at 7:42 am

That sounds like such an amazing weekend! I’ve never been to the Korean spa myself (my friends always invite me on days I have to work), but it sounds amazing! There’s one sort of in my area that lets you go for free on your birthday. I’ll make it one of these days!

XOXO
    Becca | Ladyface Blog

• 4. Susan  |  February 10th, 2014 at 10:20 am

Love your sweater Bri! Where is it from?

• 5. Christina  |  February 10th, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Oh so glad you loved your spa experience! I used to go to Wi Spa when I’d visit from Seattle. I just moved to Santa Monica now but I’m pregnant and I can’t WAIT for Korean Spa life again! I’ll try the one you went to!

• 6. Casey  |  February 11th, 2014 at 10:42 am

Your life is so colorful! Love all the polka dots.

• 7. Anonymous  |  February 11th, 2014 at 3:17 pm

I can’t wait to go sailing in Marina Del Rey — I just went kayaking in Ventura and it was AWESOME!

• 8. Kristen  |  March 7th, 2014 at 2:06 pm

I was hoping someone else would ask about the sweater! Equally as curious.

photo X9A3191-edit_zps661cdbcb.jpg