02.07.14

NAKED FRIDAY

linenlinen2

hello there. what do you have planned this weekend? i’ve been planning a little girls getaway for a good friend of mine. it starts out at the korean spa today (we’re going to this one.) i’ve heard so many good things about it, but i gotta say, i’m a little nervous to walk around stark naked! but yolo, i guess. have you been? how was it? i’ve heard the body scrubs make your skin feel so amazing. i’ve also heard people tell me they regained their body image/confidence from going to the korean spa. they say you feel sort of like “ok, we’re all women here. no need to feel weird.” all i know is that i’m excited to nap on the heated floor and hang in the jade room. i’ll let you know how it goes!

have an amazing weekend. -bri

700_dried-floral-garland-v2

(photos here

• 1. Gabrielle  |  February 7th, 2014 at 10:01 am

i’ve been to a great korean spa called King Sauna in new jersey a few times. it’s the most relaxing and peaceful experience! it took me about 20 minutes to take my clothes off the first time, but once you’re out of them you will never want to put them back on :)

• 2. Becky @ Deluxe  |  February 7th, 2014 at 10:13 am

I like Olympic Spa on Olympic and Norton. It’s less shiny and slick than some others, and has an authentic, low-key vibe. Shiatsu massage is highly recommended. Don’t worry about the nudity. It’s liberating to be forced not to care about your vanity for once. Have fun!

• 3. chelsea  |  February 7th, 2014 at 10:39 am

Happy naked weekending!

• 4. Victoria Smith  |  February 7th, 2014 at 10:51 am

that’s the one i went to! it’s great. embrace the scrubbing, you’ll feel like a newborn baby! :)

• 5. Silvia | missblank  |  February 7th, 2014 at 10:51 am

Simple and perfect. I love it!

• 6. Jen  |  February 7th, 2014 at 10:57 am

OMG, I went to my first kspa 2 wks ago. Wi Spa. Definitely had similar feelings you have, but after the first 10 mins, you forget all your insecurities. My skin felt absolutely amazing when I got out. Happy spa-ing!

• 7. Megan  |  February 7th, 2014 at 10:58 am

I moved into a little studio in Koreatown and love the Korean spas! I stay all day and get a massage, go in the hot tubs and sauna, take naps and drink tea. Enjoy your day!

• 8. Liz  |  February 7th, 2014 at 10:58 am

My bf and I recently got back from Japan and we were in an outdoor onsen completely naked next to a snow monkey wildlife park. There were even snow monkeys hanging out next to us in the hot spring:) Since we were next to a wildlife park, there were all sorts of day visitors hiking up the hill above us, I’m sure looking down at us. We just laughed. No big deal, though I hope no one took pictures!
    I’ve also been to indoor bath houses in Japan, and honestly if you’re the only one covered up then you’ll be the odd one out. Get naked to blend in! You’ll wonder why people don’t do it more often.

• 9. Lucy  |  February 7th, 2014 at 11:04 am

ha ha, you’ll have to try the saunas + spas over here in Europe. Naked folks every where… amazing how quickly you stop caring once you’ve seen that many naked bodies!

• 10. Stacia  |  February 7th, 2014 at 11:23 am

That does sound equally fun and weird. I hope you have a great time!

• 11. Kirsten Grove  |  February 7th, 2014 at 11:37 am

I went to one similar in Seattle and loved it!

• 12. Urban Shindigs  |  February 7th, 2014 at 11:48 am

Its amazing! My best friend and I went for my birthday one year. My birthday actually falls the day before Valentines day. SO you could imagine how hard it was to find a place not booked for a message. That is how we ended up at the korean spa. Best time ever. and YES, your skin will feel amazing!

XOXo,
    Tawnee

• 13. Sosyal Medya  |  February 7th, 2014 at 11:59 am

Sounds fun! Hope you have a great time in there. :)

• 14. Laina  |  February 7th, 2014 at 12:08 pm

I just went to Wi last week for my bday with my two best friends (since highschool). Let me just say, it was the BEST birthday I’ve ever had. Don’t fear the nakedness. Eventually you wont’ even realize you’re in the buff. Trust me, you’ll love it!

• 15. Becca  |  February 7th, 2014 at 1:15 pm

I went to one in Virginia with my boyfriend and his parents when we were on a trip and after the initial hilarity of all of us coming out in our baggy shorts and tshirts (it felt a little cult-y!) we had such an amazing day lying down in the various heat rooms, the ice room, chillin’ on the mats, eatin’ snacks, more heat rooms, and though I didn’t go in the pool room (where you ARE completely naked… Didn’t really want to go with my boyfriend’s MOM! and for other girly reasons…) My boyfriend said that they were great! Later that night I felt so refreshed and energized, it was terrific!

• 16. leigh-ann  |  February 7th, 2014 at 1:35 pm

i went to one near where i live in virginia (probably the same one as becca, who commented above – ha!). i was nervous at first too but like you said, when you all realize you’re in the same position it’s totally fine! there are so many different body types there, and no one is there to judge, just enjoy. i will recommend that you get some BIG bottles of water to take with you when you go into the heated rooms…you sweat bullets immediately so you need to stay hydrated! i felt so good afterwards…i definitely want to go again!

• 17. allison  |  February 7th, 2014 at 4:27 pm

That’s awesome! It really does help you with your perspective on your body image + confidence. And Korean spas are great! Used to go all the time when I lived in South Korea and still visit here in Atlanta.

p.s. Try the grilled eggs :)

xo

• 18. Kit  |  February 7th, 2014 at 4:49 pm

My best girlfriend and I took a “mental health day” yesterday from work, and went to the Olympic Day Spa together. Best thing you can possibly due when you’re feeling tired/frustrated/self-conscious/anxious. Plus, we missed all the rain.

• 19. Sette Design  |  February 8th, 2014 at 7:24 am

I just love the image of the flower string and white linen sheets. Just gorgeous, soon your scrubbed body will be able to slip into that simple perfect life.
    Cheers

• 20. Jenna from Lucky Little Mustardseed  |  February 8th, 2014 at 12:33 pm

We’re celebrating our two year anniversary this weekend :) the spa sounds amazing!

• 21. Tabitha  |  February 8th, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Natura is my favorite Korean Spa in LA! I’ve been going for years, and like others have said, you won’t even notice the naked factor after a few minutes! Hope it’s fantastic!

• 22. Nikki  |  February 8th, 2014 at 8:25 pm

I have never been to a Korean Spa but have been to Japan many times where I always go to the natural mineral Onsen’s. Getting starkers with the locals was initially scary but I am completely comfortable with it now. I have had so many great conversations with travellers and locals alike whilst spending time in the onsens. Something about getting your kit off with other women makes for some incredibly bonding times!

• 23. lolo  |  February 9th, 2014 at 2:11 pm

I’ve never been and I can’t wait to hear about your experience :)

• 24. Janna  |  February 16th, 2014 at 2:09 am

I live in Seoul and frequent the jjimjilbamg (Korean bath houses) often. After living here 3 years, it will be one of the things I miss most when I move to my next post – Laos!

• 25. www.blogtalkradio.com  |  June 18th, 2014 at 3:17 am

What’s Taking place i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve found It absolutely helpful and it has aided me out loads.
    I’m hoping to give a contribution & aid different users like its
    helped me. Good job.

• 26. Wayne  |  June 18th, 2014 at 4:12 am

Greate article. Keep posting such kind of information on your page.
    Im really impressed by it.
    Hello there, You’ve done a fantastic job. I will definitely
    digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I’m sure they’ll be benefited from this site.

photo X9A3191-edit_zps661cdbcb.jpg