02.04.14

2 VALENTINE’S DAY COCKTAILS

today we have talmadge from pharmacie joining us (remember this cocktail video we made together?) he’s going to be showing you how to make two cocktails that would be perfect for this month of love. light some candles and make one of these for your sweetheart. cheers!

Cocktail Encanto

• 1.5 oz rum (Cana Brava highly recommended)
• 1.5 oz maraschino cherry liqueur
• 1.5 oz dry vermouth
• 2-3 dashes rhubarb bitters (Fee Bros makes the best)

Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir steadily for 30-45 second. Then strain into a coupe glass.

Garnish with a maraska cherry.

This cocktail is meant to evoke the elegance and spirit of mid-century Cuban cocktails.

Next up we have the 1966 cosmopolitan. This cocktail is inspired by an old cocktail called the 1926 Cosmopolitan, made with gin and without the orange blossom. The update to 1966 is due to the fact that the now-ubiquitous spirit of vodka didn’t really take hold in American cocktail culture until the 60′s.

The 1966 Cosmopolitan

• 1 1/4 oz vodka
• 1 oz raspberry tincture
• 3/4 fresh squeezed lemon juice
• 3-4 drops of orange blossom water

Combine all ingredients (except orange blossom water) in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously. Strain over 1 large ice cube and top with drops of the orange blossom water. Finally, squeeze the lemon peel (skin side over the glass) to express the essential oils. Add garnish and enjoy!

Raspberry tincture:

Place 2 small baskets of raspberries into a small pot with 8 oz  sugar and 10 oz cup water, along with 1-2oz of a Framboise liqueur (*If you do not have the Framboise, you can substitute 1 oz vodka).

Place the pot on medium heat until the sugar granules are melted. Remove from heat and let cool uncovered. When the tincture reaches room temperature, mash and muddle the raspberries. Refrigerate over night. Strain the mashed raspberries and you have your tincture.

photos by: sheila gim
drink recipes by: pharmacie
want more food posts? go here!

• 1. Molly {Dreams in HD}  |  February 4th, 2014 at 6:46 am

yum, both look absolutely delicious!

Molly {Dreams in HD}

• 2. Brooke  |  February 4th, 2014 at 6:59 am

Yay! For the first time, I think my fiancé and are are going to do Valentine’s day at home this year :) I was looking for a perfect cocktail to accompany our night! Def going to try the cocktail encanto! Thanks for sharing :)

• 3. maggie  |  February 4th, 2014 at 10:40 am

I am not a big drinker, but these look tasty!

• 4. Savannah Smiled  |  February 4th, 2014 at 10:58 am

Valentine’s Day is my favorite excuse for a girl’s night. These would be perfect for such an event. They look delicious!

• 5. emily  |  February 4th, 2014 at 11:36 am

I love this post, such great cocktail recipes.

• 6. Sosyal Medya  |  February 4th, 2014 at 12:06 pm

The 1966 Cosmopolitan; defo will try this. Thanks for sharing!

• 7. Ivan Kirin  |  February 4th, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Candles and cocktails is something unusual for February. They are always a good idea.I think this article will be very useful for a lot of men who haven`t ideas for the Valentine’s night :)

• 8. Silvia  |  February 5th, 2014 at 5:03 am

I want to make + sip the Encanto, if only for the colour <3

• 9. Antje  |  February 5th, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Can’t wait to make the raspberry tincture! Any idea how long it will keep?

• 10. Lizzie  |  February 6th, 2014 at 1:14 am

Those nails! Please share!

• 11. BF4 Multiplayer&hellip  |  February 6th, 2014 at 3:31 am

BF4 Multiplayer

D E S I G N L O V E F E S T

• 12. guest  |  February 6th, 2014 at 10:20 pm

Second the request for the nails! What color is it? It’s gorgeous!

• 13. Youtube.com&hellip  |  February 17th, 2014 at 6:10 pm

Youtube.com

D E S I G N L O V E F E S T – Part 3

• 14. heating oil prices long island ny  |  February 20th, 2014 at 2:44 pm

This is just an explanation of how Ι modified my Becket burner tо run оn waste vegetable oil or waste motor oil.

Fοr those that live іn climates that will
    ցеt ԛuite warm іn tɦе summer (аոd tҺе list seems to ցet longer еvery ƴear), passive
    geothermal systems fоr еxample heat pumps
    аге capable ߋf producing not merely tҺe heat required tο қeep
    a house cozy іn tҺe
    winter but additionally, cooling fоr thе summer.
    Howeber if уou ɑге concerned аbout emissions yօu need to remember
    thе СО2 emissions from thе power station unless үοu buy green electricity.

Heere is my website – heating oil prices long island ny

• 15. Sprinkler Start Up Parker CO  |  April 4th, 2014 at 9:28 am

Great info. Lucky me I recently found your website by accident (stumbleupon).

I have saved as a favorite for later!

Also visit my webpage – Sprinkler Start Up Parker CO