01.10.14

we are filling up our calendar with interesting events for 2014 (and hopefully not just in LA). so far, we have done florals, calligraphy, DIY, and blogshop. they have been selling out rather quickly, so i wanted to start a mailing list that i could notify people with before the events are announced on the blog & social media. and if you have a workshop in mind that you’re dying to take, leave us a comment below and we’ll try to make it happen.

mailing-list

we have used MailChimp for years to send out all of our blogshop updates to students & alumni, so i wanted to get one going for designlovefest too. if you don’t know about MailChimp you should definitely check them out for your business or blog. great custom designs and stats that you can track on how many people are reading your eblasts. and if you have less than 2,000 people on your list, it’s free. seriously, i’m a big MailChimp fan for my businesses.

we’d love to keep you in the loop with the things we have going on around here. fill this out if you have a second…

sign up for the designlovefest mailing list!

* indicates required

(this post is a partnership with mailchimp, all opinions are 100% my own)

• 1. Eunice  |  January 10th, 2014 at 6:00 am

I would love to take a calligraphy or floral workshop!

• 2. Caitlin  |  January 10th, 2014 at 6:21 am

Calligraphy and florals would be great…in Denver!

• 3. Natalia  |  January 10th, 2014 at 6:25 am

Calligraphy in Miami ! Sun, beach, pool, mojitos? Did I convince you? :)

• 4. Lauren  |  January 10th, 2014 at 6:26 am

Any of those classes in the DFW area!!!??

• 5. Shannon  |  January 10th, 2014 at 6:37 am

Blogshop & calligraphy in Florida!

• 6. conny  |  January 10th, 2014 at 6:39 am

blogshop in vienna!? <3

• 7. Anonymous  |  January 10th, 2014 at 6:47 am

Minneapolis or Des Moines Blogshop! But in the summer. Weather be crazy otherwise.

• 8. lauren chorpening  |  January 10th, 2014 at 7:00 am

Des Moines is cooler than it seems, promise. We’d love a blogshop here! Or Kansas City or Chicago. But I wouldn’t mind another trip to California this year either.

• 9. Diana  |  January 10th, 2014 at 7:05 am

Floral and calligraphy classes in NYC, please!

• 10. Anonymous  |  January 10th, 2014 at 7:06 am

Cocktail/mixology events!

Creative mixers for people that would like to get to know others that are in the same field they are in.

Web design/portfolio events – ( what looks good, how to stand out, etc)

Also more NYC or Brooklyn area events

• 11. Caitlin  |  January 10th, 2014 at 7:10 am

do you ever have events/workshops in philly? i’d love to go to one!

• 12. Alisha  |  January 10th, 2014 at 7:21 am

Bring calligraphy to NYC!

• 13. Kendra  |  January 10th, 2014 at 7:32 am

event planning blogshop in Cincinnati, OH
    cincinnati is beautiful, especially in the early fall.
    so many good places to eat and fun things to do!

• 14. Ana  |  January 10th, 2014 at 7:59 am

You have so many talented photographer friend! How about a 101 photography workshop? Oh and yes please one in SF. ;)

• 15. Alex  |  January 10th, 2014 at 8:06 am

I’m dying to take a Brooklyn/NYC BlogShop, but the spots go so darn fast! Hopefully, this mailing list will help me get a jump on a slot the next time you’re in town. Thanks, Bri!

• 16. Madeline  |  January 10th, 2014 at 8:25 am

bring any and all classes to nashville (again)! but especially blogshop and calligraphy! <3 <3 <3

• 17. Molly {Dreams in HD}  |  January 10th, 2014 at 8:51 am

fingers crossed i can get into your online blogshop class.

Molly {Dreams in HD}

• 18. Martha  |  January 10th, 2014 at 10:07 am

Photography/photo editing in LA!

• 19. Bodil Loïs  |  January 10th, 2014 at 10:25 am

Wished I lived there, your workshops sound great!

Love Bodil,

• 20. Annie @ The Littlest Sparrow  |  January 10th, 2014 at 10:43 am

Do you do webinars?

• 21. Selena  |  January 10th, 2014 at 10:45 am

I would love to attend a photography for bloggers workshop

• 22. Holland Griffin  |  January 10th, 2014 at 10:57 am

Come back to Minneapolis! I would love to do a calligraphy workshop.

• 23. Kayla  |  January 10th, 2014 at 11:01 am

I really want to learn VIDEO! (And calligraphy). In LA or SF (I’m in SLO, smack dab in the middle).

• 24. olivia leitch  |  January 10th, 2014 at 11:09 am

photography and calligraphy in austin!

• 25. Julie  |  January 10th, 2014 at 11:43 am

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to take a calligraphy class!

• 26. Julie  |  January 10th, 2014 at 11:44 am

Calligraphy in LA

• 27. Lauren  |  January 10th, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Photography and calligraphy in San Diego! Ok, I guess I could drive to LA. :)

• 28. Megan  |  January 10th, 2014 at 1:30 pm

A calligraphy workshop in Minneapolis would be fantastic!

• 29. yael steren  |  January 10th, 2014 at 1:39 pm

i too would love a photography for bloggers class in nyc! and all the other workshops sound amazing also. i would definitely attend if you have them in nyc! xo

• 30. Mailinh  |  January 10th, 2014 at 1:58 pm

Ooo…the floral, calligraphy, and blogshop workshops are the ones I would love to come in OH….

• 31. Jenn P  |  January 10th, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Calligraphy!!! I didn’t check your blog for a few days and when I finally had some time to catch up on posts all the tickets were sold. I would LOVE to take a calligraphy workshop.

• 32. katelyn  |  January 10th, 2014 at 4:25 pm

calligraphy or floral design in chicago!!!

• 33. Alexandra  |  January 10th, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Bring them all to Australia please! Haha :) x

• 34. Kendra  |  January 10th, 2014 at 5:05 pm

A calligraphy workshop in Boston would be fabulous!

• 35. Anonymous  |  January 10th, 2014 at 5:35 pm

calligraphy or floral in San Antonio or Austin, Texas!

• 36. JR  |  January 10th, 2014 at 6:53 pm

Calligraphy in LA again! Please!!!
    Workshops in mind: Creative Typography, Photography (tabletop photography, styling), Creative Business Skills (how to Build a Brand), Event Planning Workshop, Styling Spaces, Table-top Styling, Creative Community Mixers, etc.

• 37. christine  |  January 10th, 2014 at 7:52 pm

i would love to attend calligraphy and floral workshops in NYC!

• 38. michelle  |  January 10th, 2014 at 8:43 pm

What about online classes? I’d love to take a calligraphy class but am not always able to make the drive to LA to attend a class. It’d be fun to receive all the tools via mail and follow along with you gals from home :) Then we can all post our work through instagram, tumblr, etc.

• 39. Kelly  |  January 10th, 2014 at 9:57 pm

gosh I hope you do another calligraphy!
    although I am REALLY looking forward to the floral workshop in February :) yay!

• 40. Anonymous  |  January 11th, 2014 at 6:28 am

ANYTHING (especially calligraphy and blogshop) in Atlanta, Chattanooga, Charlotte, Nashville, Greenville SC, or Asheville!

• 41. charlotte | the vintage vogue  |  January 11th, 2014 at 8:01 am

I would love to see another blogshop online – or just more online classes in general. In the perfect world we could split you up in to millions of pieces and send you all over the world to give us a hit of fresh style and creativity but since as of now in the year 2014 that is impossible, it would be wonderful to have more online courses / webcast content.

p.s. Kudos on the new mailing list. I’m so happy we’ll have the chance to know what’s coming so we don’t miss out – great idea.

• 42. Ashley  |  January 11th, 2014 at 9:18 am

Floral and Calligraphy in Denver please!! (:

• 43. Mia Arp  |  January 11th, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Do you know when you are coming to sweden next? I am dying to come to your blogshop workshop!

Love, Mia

• 44. Annette  |  January 11th, 2014 at 4:48 pm

Beginner and advanced calligraphy, please!

• 45. Anonymous  |  January 11th, 2014 at 4:48 pm

I have been looking everywhere locally for a calligraphy class! Would LOVE to be able to take one with you, here in Minneapolis, MN. <3 <3

• 46. Leigh-Ann  |  January 11th, 2014 at 5:20 pm

Hi! Just signed up. I love all the workshops you’ve already done…something I’d love to see is a photography styling workshop, or photography for blogging in general. I know workshops like this exist but they cost SO much money…maybe you could offer something slightly more affordable?

• 47. Elena  |  January 11th, 2014 at 9:27 pm

I know you have blogshop in NYC and I would love for these other work shops to make here as well!

• 48. slimming belt  |  January 12th, 2014 at 12:56 am

We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.
    Your web site provided us with valuable info to work on.
    You’ve done an impressive job and our whole
    community will be grateful to you.

• 49. In a Trendy Town  |  January 12th, 2014 at 1:13 am

Are you an artist! Amazing events!!!

• 50. Lindsay  |  January 12th, 2014 at 9:26 pm

I’d love to have Calligraphy in the DFW area or anywhere in Texas really, I would definitely make the road trip for that one!

• 51. Alexa Jorgenson  |  January 13th, 2014 at 10:29 am

Salt Lake City please! Perfect place to stop in the winter. BEST snow on earth and so many fun and unique upcoming artists!

• 52. Kristy  |  January 13th, 2014 at 1:08 pm

Calligraphy in LA.

• 53. Shelley  |  January 13th, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Calligraphy in LA! And, I like the idea of Branding ideas mentioned above– a creative how-to/motivation on building a brand. And, love event planning/styling ideas as well…

• 54. sara knowles  |  January 14th, 2014 at 2:16 pm

please please host a calligraphy class in seattle!!

• 55. Aubrey  |  January 15th, 2014 at 12:02 pm

A sewing class.

• 56. pimples on face cream  |  January 17th, 2014 at 2:07 am

Ahaa, its fastidious dialogue concerning this post at this place at this
    website, I have read all that, so at this time me also commenting at
    this place.

• 57. Sara  |  January 27th, 2014 at 12:43 am

Please do another calligraphy class in LA!!!!

• 58. Jessica  |  February 1st, 2014 at 4:13 pm

I cannot believe all the April calligraphy classes are already full!!!! Do you ever do calligraphy workshops on weekends? I have a full-time job during the week and am dying to take one of your workshops!!!!!!

• 59. Faridah  |  February 7th, 2014 at 9:53 pm

I would like maybe all your workshops! but for sure the floral and calligraphy ones :).

• 60. Valerie  |  February 17th, 2014 at 9:21 am

I would love to take a social media course!

• 61. Marissa Calaunan  |  February 21st, 2014 at 10:35 am

I am getting married over the Labor Day weekend this year and would love to attend any DIY workshop with my 2 bridesmaids for some fun and unique wedding/party accent/decor ideas!

• 62. rugstraditional.blog.com  |  February 22nd, 2014 at 5:28 pm

I’m very happy to find this site. I want to to thank you for your time for this particularly
    fantastic read!! I definitely enjoyed every part of
    it and I have you saved to fav to look at new stuff on your blog.

• 63. alexiscoronado.com  |  March 5th, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Greetings from Idaho! I’m bored at work so I decided to
    browse your site on my iphone during lunch break.
    I enjoy the information you present here and can’t
    wait to take a look when I get home. I’m shocked at how quick your blog loaded on
    my phone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G ..

Anyhow, very good blog!

• 64. Kirstie  |  March 27th, 2014 at 3:57 pm

I would love a VIDEO class in SF please.

• 65. Lisa  |  April 7th, 2014 at 1:57 pm

In addition to calligraphy, diy and floral, I would love to take letterpress and photography (maybe a photo series, food, children/babies, weddings, nature, etc.) classes. Chicago.

• 66. Kali  |  April 10th, 2014 at 10:37 am

I would love for you to do an online social media workshop. I loved the online blogshop! Thank you for all that you do!

• 67. Melissa  |  April 11th, 2014 at 8:46 pm

I would love to do online classes on photography, calligraphy and floral arrangement!! Maybe a sewing class too (:

• 68. Jennifer  |  April 22nd, 2014 at 10:38 pm

Beginning calligraphy in Los Angeles or Orange County would be great! Any weekend classes available?

• 69. Rosie  |  April 23rd, 2014 at 8:56 am

I’d love a calligraphy workshop in NYC!

• 70. Mary  |  April 26th, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Calligraphy workshop in NYC please!

• 71. Nicole  |  April 29th, 2014 at 4:21 pm

Could you do a floral class in NYC/Brooklyn, pretty please?

• 72. furniture mod 1.6.4  |  April 30th, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Everyone loves what you guys are up too.
    This type of clever work and exposure! Keep up the awesome works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to our blogroll.

• 73. JMGPAD  |  June 2nd, 2014 at 9:33 am

Any chance you’re headed to the Boston area this year for a floral workshop?

• 74. Rebecca Mizrahi  |  June 2nd, 2014 at 4:16 pm

I’m DYING to take a weaving workshop in the LA area. So sad that I missed the one with Maryanne Moodie :( It was sold out before I knew what was coming.

• 75. kelsey  |  June 11th, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Seattle please! The weaving class you just taught looked amazing but I would be excited about all!

• 76. flooring depot  |  June 14th, 2014 at 3:07 am

I love what you guys tend to be up too. This sort of clever work and coverage!
    Keep up the fantastic works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll.

• 77. Carly  |  June 17th, 2014 at 11:31 am

I’d love a Mixology class in San Francisco, please!!

• 78. Vy  |  July 29th, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Come to Sydney! X

• 79. Michelle Benz  |  August 19th, 2014 at 10:15 pm

I would love to take a beginner calligraphy class! Im in LA area

• 80. Stephanie  |  August 29th, 2014 at 9:14 am

Please come to Toronto one day for a blogshop!!

• 81. Stepanie  |  September 15th, 2014 at 6:03 pm

My brother suggested I might like this website. He was entirely right.
    This post truly made my day. You cann’t imagine just how much
    time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

Feel free to surf to my web site – ashes at sea (Stepanie)

• 82. Maria Ferraro  |  September 17th, 2014 at 12:38 pm

I would love to take the beginner calligraphy course and other workshops too! I live in Greenwich, CT but can go to New York City.
    Thank you very much!
    Maria

• 83. Leah  |  September 29th, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Would love to do an Intermediate DSLR Photography course in Los Angeles (or willing to travel wherever!) …for bloggers and/or business owners who want to take their photos to the next level!

• 84. Leah  |  September 29th, 2014 at 9:29 pm

Or… would love to see another workshop collaboration with Max Wagner!

• 85. kaley  |  October 16th, 2014 at 5:53 am

I would love to attend one of these. Come to sunny Florida! Or at least Savannah Georgia. There are designers in the south too!

• 86. Ashley  |  November 11th, 2014 at 9:59 pm

Will you be doing any more of the beginning calligraphy classes in LA soon? I would love to attend!!!

photo X9A3191-edit_zps661cdbcb.jpg