01.08.14

OUR CALLIGRAPHY WORKSHOP!

this year, i am super excited to be hosting more workshops. honestly, they take a lot of effort to put together but at the end of the day they are so worth it. i happen to be a “learnaholic” myself and these workshops are a way to expand my creativity. last weekend we had 3 calligraphy workshops in my studio taught by lauren essl, who traveled from texas to teach everyone! calligraphy is such a beautiful skill so i was happy to watch all the students learning it.

PS we have a few more spots in our floral workshop on feb 1st. sign up here!

i jumped in the last day to learn myself. man, it’s not easy! (but very fun) by the end of the class i was feeling a little better at it. i hold my pen the wrong way to begin with, so i felt like i was learning two new skills haha.

lauren taught these classes in color. she called it the designlovefest special

we set up our new workshop chairs (fiberglass shell chairs from modernica, mostly white and a few pops of color) and i picked out some simple flower arrangements for the tables. we went to trader joes and bought a bunch of snacks for the students to enjoy while learning. mimosas and muffins in the morning and red wine and popcorn for the evening class. brain fuel.

20130104calligraphyDLF1076

photos by angela kohler
our next workshop here

1484731_586185941434631_1266233841_n

• 1. Arin  |  January 8th, 2014 at 7:12 am

these photos are so beautiful and perfect, i want to jump into my computer screen and join! would love to take a class like this — although, don’t think i’d do very well! lol HeartofChic.com

• 2. Jacqueline  |  January 8th, 2014 at 7:15 am

Bri I love the pops of color mixed in with white on your new chairs! Such a great choice, you have a wonderful eye. If I lived near you I would be at all your workshops :)

• 3. Chelsea Tubbs  |  January 8th, 2014 at 7:32 am

This looks like SO much fun! One of my resolutions for this year is to try my hand (literally) at calligraphy and this would be the perfect way Bri.

xoxo,
    Chelsea & The City

• 4. Zandi  |  January 8th, 2014 at 8:25 am

Next time you’re in Chicago for blogshop, you should tack on a day to host this workshop here, too! I’d love to take it!

• 5. Ines  |  January 8th, 2014 at 8:26 am

That just looks amazing! Love the white interior with the pops of colour!

• 6. Sarah  |  January 8th, 2014 at 8:57 am

I’ve wanted to learn calligraphy for so long now! If only I lived closer I would so hop into all of your lovely workshops!

• 7. Molly {Dreams in HD}  |  January 8th, 2014 at 9:00 am

your workshops look so fantastic! i just love the details you put together, and the food always looks absolutely amazing :)

Molly {Dreams in HD}

• 8. Christine L  |  January 8th, 2014 at 9:18 am

Will there be another calligraphy workshop in the near future? I missed it by hours because it filled up so quickly.

• 9. Diana  |  January 8th, 2014 at 9:48 am

It looks so amazing! I’ve been looking for calligraphy classes in NYC for the last couple years. I hope you expand this and bring it to NYC!

• 10. Steph  |  January 8th, 2014 at 10:06 am

Please have another workshop in the future! I also missed out on all the classes since they were filled.

• 11. Ashley  |  January 8th, 2014 at 10:38 am

Any details on the type of pen & ink used? Would LOVE to know.

• 12. lauren  |  January 8th, 2014 at 11:52 am

Still daydreaming about the LA weather, it’s so cold back here in TX. Thanks a million for hosting, it was a wonderful weekend. XO!

• 13. Jordan  |  January 8th, 2014 at 11:55 am

So fun! I took Lauren’s class in Dallas – she’s a great teacher. I love the phrase “learnaholic” – I might have to steal that!

• 14. Anne  |  January 8th, 2014 at 12:21 pm

Looks awesome! Would love to do something like this!

• 15. Kari  |  January 8th, 2014 at 12:54 pm

That Lauren Essl is so hottttt!!!

• 16. tiffany.  |  January 8th, 2014 at 1:28 pm

this is the MOST beautiful. :)

xo.

• 17. Kristy  |  January 8th, 2014 at 2:41 pm

I’m so disappointed I missed this workshop, spaces filled up so fast. I hope there is another one soon, it looks like it was amazing!

• 18. Marla  |  January 8th, 2014 at 6:40 pm

Thanks so much for hosting it! Your studio space is so dreamy and inspiring! I’ve since written all of my cross-country family letters in calligraphy to practice. On a side note – if you ever need an event planning intern, I’m ya girl!

• 19. Chloe Moon  |  January 8th, 2014 at 7:43 pm

I’ve always wanted to learn calligraphy!! I should check out your next workshop!!

• 20. Jac  |  January 8th, 2014 at 8:12 pm

I love your workshops and I am dying to attend one (ok, ALL). I’m really hoping you’ll have one during one of the two weeks I’ll be in LA for work over the next few months. End of March, end of April. I will stalk your space until one is announced :)

• 21. Jillian  |  January 8th, 2014 at 10:42 pm

So beautiful! Lovely stark white with the pops of pastels and pinks. The class looks like fun!
    xx. Jillian

• 22. Le Huong  |  January 9th, 2014 at 6:37 am

I wish I lived closer to attend some of your workshops. you should definitely do skillshare if you haven’t heard of it!

• 23. Annie  |  January 9th, 2014 at 10:05 am

Thank you so much Bri and Lauren for hosting/teaching us! Your workshop was much-needed inspiration during a really hard time for me. Keep it up ladies!

• 24. 2moiselles  |  January 9th, 2014 at 10:52 am

Very nice photos, I love them and callygraphy too :-)

• 25. Annie @ The Littlest Sparrow  |  January 9th, 2014 at 11:58 am

I love this calligraphy workshop! In schools in Ontario, Canada – they’ve stopped teaching cursive writing because if the educator’s perception that its no longer useful. Heresy I say!

• 26. Erica  |  January 12th, 2014 at 10:13 pm

I would love to know when the next one is! I hope soon!

PS: Do you think you will have anything like this in Seattle? I’m from Canada but wouldn’t mind making the trip to LA for this workshop!

• 27. Sally  |  January 14th, 2014 at 5:53 am

This looks so amazing, and so beautifully styled! I would really love to learn calligraphy.

• 28. Dondalyn  |  January 15th, 2014 at 8:43 am

Lauren is rocking that Puella Dress like a boss! I love how soft that material is!

• 29. http://www.youtube.com/&hellip  |  January 15th, 2014 at 11:11 pm

D E S I G N L O V E F E S T – Part 2

• 30. Kerry Rose  |  January 28th, 2014 at 10:00 am

Amazing. Bring this to the East Coast, ya? :)

• 31. alan  |  June 15th, 2014 at 3:16 pm

Amazing. do they have gangbangs after work?

photo 2_zps8b7e2290.jpg