01.27.14

MAKE IT / 48

not sure how january is almost over already but february is right around the corner meaning, it’s almost valentine’s day. to me, valentine’s day is a celebration of love – no matter if you’re single or committed. it’s a time to appreciate those who are closest to you and, what better way than with some homemade heart pillows? leave one for someone on the bed or in a random spot…

jessica from bramble workshop created these adorable heart pillows for us using very basic materials and an easy how-to!

what you’ll need:

• fabric (two 18” squares)
• thread to match fabric
• stuffing
• pins
• needle
• paper for template
• sewing machine

how to make it:

• create a template for the pillow by folding a piece of paper in half and cutting out a heart shape (ours was about 14 x 14 inches).

• stack the two pieces of fabric (right sides facing if it’s a patterned fabric).

• unfold the template and pin to the two layers of fabric.

• cut around the template, leaving a 1/2 inch seam allowance.

• unpin, remove template, and re-pin the pieces of fabric together.

• stitch around the edges with a 1/2 inch seam allowance, leaving a 3 inch opening.

• clip into seam allowance (without cutting seams) along the curves to ease turning.

• turn the pillow right side out and stuff, working with small pieces so that the stuffing is free of lumps.

• slip-stitch the open edge.

and just like that, you’re done!

because everyone could use a little extra love in their lives and february 14th gives us all an excuse to be a little more generous with our words and actions. you never know how much a thoughtful gesture will mean to someone! xo, bri

project by: bramble workshop for designlovefest
photos by: brittany wood
more DIY projects here

• 1. Shelley  |  January 27th, 2014 at 4:43 am

Those are really cute and would be a sweet thing to give out during the ‘month of love’.

• 2. Maureen SIM  |  January 27th, 2014 at 6:30 am

Such a cute idea! And I nice reason to get out the sewing machine!

• 3. Leah  |  January 27th, 2014 at 8:19 am

Super cute! I am going to make these one each for my girlfriends :)

• 4. Shelby  |  January 27th, 2014 at 8:40 am

These are adorable! If only I knew how to sew…. New years resolution?

• 5. Hilde  |  January 27th, 2014 at 9:20 am

very cute :)

• 6. Megan Lynn  |  January 27th, 2014 at 11:19 am

I adore those pillows! So cute! :)

• 7. Erin  |  January 27th, 2014 at 12:30 pm

Cute! I think I could actually make that. I love that you include GIFs in your posts, btw.

• 8. Alaine  |  January 27th, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Love those and your dress in the photos! Where did you get it!?

• 9. stephanie@BabaSouk  |  January 27th, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Oh they are super cute ladies!! Would make such a fun surprise for VDay :)

• 10. brittany  |  January 27th, 2014 at 9:26 pm

I love the pillows, but I must know, where is your dress from!?

• 11. Cate  |  January 28th, 2014 at 7:08 am

Yes! Your dress?! Please tell us where we can get it.

• 12. Hollie  |  January 28th, 2014 at 7:24 am

I’ve been looking at getting that same sewing machine! Do you enjoy using it?

• 13. mari  |  January 28th, 2014 at 10:42 pm

TELL ME WHERE THOSE SHOES COME FROM I HAVE TO HAVE THEM. Thank you!

• 14. heidi @ a week from thursday  |  January 29th, 2014 at 6:25 am

These look so easy. What a cute way to spruce up the place for valentine’s day.

• 15. Ashley Nathalie  |  January 29th, 2014 at 7:03 am

These are so lovely!!

• 16. Aga @ Passion shake  |  January 29th, 2014 at 3:47 pm

Super cute style. They actually make me want to learn to sew :D

• 17. Katie Adams  |  February 1st, 2014 at 7:47 am

I love these pillows! So cute and perfect for Valentines

• 18. Susan  |  February 1st, 2014 at 6:10 pm

I love the pillows but also the chairs, any chance you could point me in the direction of those?

• 19. Bonnie  |  February 8th, 2014 at 8:43 am

Great idea to surprise my 12 year old.
    Also great idea for groups to make for heat patients. Nothing like a soft heart to hold when your heart is hurting

• 20. how to lose weight fast  |  February 9th, 2014 at 11:57 pm

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your efforts
    and I am waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.

• 21. furnishings donated by brass plate  |  May 19th, 2014 at 4:18 pm

What a information of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable experience concerning unpredicted feelings.

• 22. web design company  |  June 16th, 2014 at 1:50 am

I am no longer certain where yoou are getting your info, however great topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning more or figuring out more.
    Thanks for excellent info I used to be in search of this information for my mission.

LOVE THIS SKIRT…