MAKE IT / 48
not sure how january is almost over already but february is right around the corner meaning, it’s almost valentine’s day. to me, valentine’s day is a celebration of love – no matter if you’re single or committed. it’s a time to appreciate those who are closest to you and, what better way than with some homemade heart pillows? leave one for someone on the bed or in a random spot…
jessica from bramble workshop created these adorable heart pillows for us using very basic materials and an easy how-to!
what you’ll need:
• fabric (two 18” squares)
• thread to match fabric
• paper for template
• sewing machine
how to make it:
• create a template for the pillow by folding a piece of paper in half and cutting out a heart shape (ours was about 14 x 14 inches).
• stack the two pieces of fabric (right sides facing if it’s a patterned fabric).
• unfold the template and pin to the two layers of fabric.
• cut around the template, leaving a 1/2 inch seam allowance.
• unpin, remove template, and re-pin the pieces of fabric together.
• stitch around the edges with a 1/2 inch seam allowance, leaving a 3 inch opening.
• clip into seam allowance (without cutting seams) along the curves to ease turning.
• turn the pillow right side out and stuff, working with small pieces so that the stuffing is free of lumps.
• slip-stitch the open edge.
and just like that, you’re done!
because everyone could use a little extra love in their lives and february 14th gives us all an excuse to be a little more generous with our words and actions. you never know how much a thoughtful gesture will mean to someone! xo, bri