01.29.14

HOT CEREAL RECIPE

here’s another quick breakfast recipe for ya! our last simple recipe was egg and avocado toast, and this week we have hot cereal with dried fruit and nuts. which do you prefer?

Hot Cereal
yield: 4 servings

ingredients:

4 servings of quick cook oats
couple dashes of cinnamon
handful of dried fruit
handful of nuts
drizzle of honey
splash of vanilla almond milk

how to make:

Cook oats according to package directions (can also be made with steel cut oats, quinoa, or brown rice).

Spoon hot cereal into bowls and top with a couple dashes of cinnamon, a handful of dried fruit and nuts of your choice, a drizzle of honey, and a splash of milk.

(recipe + photos by leslie grow for designlovefest– want more food posts? go here!)

Jessica says:

This looks incredible and I love the idea of doing it with quinoa.

Bea says:

uhmm! yummy yummy! Great idea for mornings! and beautiful pics. A fan of your blog 🙂

Rebecca says:

I make something similar but like to add orange zest for a little citrus flavor, goes nice with the honey and cranberries especially.

I eat toast with avocado most mornings but I love hot cereal, especially in this cold NYC weather! Have to try this.

laura says:

looks like a tasty and healthy recipe to start the day! I will try 🙂

We eat that every morning. Delish. Those are gorgeous photos!

Mo says:

Daaaaaang. You just made my daily breakfast. It’s so good, and it keeps me full until lunchtime!

Also: I love the way you styled these photos. It feels different than your usual style, but it’s warm, cozy, and resonates with my northern Michigan heart during these winter months. Nice work!

Caitlin says:

i’m a huge fan of hot cereal. this looks delicious and the photos are gorgeous.

Jami says:

Your photos are amazing! The second one with all the ingredients has this perfect morning light glow happening. So awesome… 🙂

Jillian says:

This looks like such a delicious recipe. I love the photography as well. The close ups on the oats and the pouring of the milk into the cereal is so lovely on its own; I feel like I could just EAT the photos alone! And that’s a triumph in itself. So bravo on the photography, Leslie! Stunning.
    xx. Jillian

Becca says:

Uh, yum! These photos are gorgeous- I’m totally drooling over here. I’ll be making this as soon as I restock on oats!

XOXO
    Becca | Ladyface Blog

Caitlin Liz says:

I just LOVE that you take the time to get quality photography for your blog. These photos are stunning!!

This looks absolutely amazing! Yum!

Hanna says:

That’s exactly what I eat for breakfast every single “work” day. It’s so filling and still delicious. And in this cold winter I just need something warm to wake up 🙂

Natasha says:

In winter I love old fashioned oats cooked with half water, half soy milk and lots of cinnamon. I top it with sliced banana.

Those little mug bowls are too cute! This looks delicious.

riris says:

that super cool, looks easy. I would love to try for my breakfast. Thank you for sharing.

Emily says:

looks delicious, but I am for sure an avocado and egg kind of girl. I would totally try something this though with almond milk.

Sara says:

I agree, those mugs/bowls are cool! Mind sharing the brand?

Ali says:

Wow, these photos are INCREDIBLE! Well done, Leslie!